New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbl Kint View Post
    I remember back in the late 90's / early 2000's we could do Naga in 5 hours in an old big body Corolla XL. This was hard driving with a bit of left foot braking (we were young and stupid back then). I wonder why it takes a lot longer now.
    I was still able to do 5 hours Naga to Manila quite recently. Traffic conditions have worsened especially inside towns so you can only drive that fast (80 kph average throughout the 385 km distance from Manila to Naga) during the dead of the night.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Ang bibilis nyo naman. The fastest I've gone was 6 hours. And that was over a decade ago. Via Manila East road.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Grabe bilis nyo mga boss. Sa limang oras baka Calauag pa lang ako from qc. Baka ambulansya dala nyo

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    always day trip kami at malapit pa sa mga holidays (undas, holy week) kahit anong aggressive driving 9 to 10 hours palagi. pag night trip kaya ang 5 hours tried that before 2 drivers more than 10 years ago na.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Mabilis talaga pag 2 drivers yung isa sa gas at brake yung isa sa manibela. 😂

6. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Mabilis talaga pag 2 drivers yung isa sa gas at brake yung isa sa manibela. 😂

Manila to Naga Manila to Naga Manila to Naga Manila to Naga

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    hahaha. what i mean is we were 2 drivers na palitan para di antukin. umalis kami ng 11pm at dumating 4am. biglaan lang ang kasi ang uwi. inimagine ko muna yung post ni jut kung papano gagawin hehehe.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Yes I've also done Naga-Manila departing at 1am and kaya naman ng 5 hours nga but 5 hours isn't "relaxed driving". Even without stopovers, an average of 77 kph is almost double what normal drivers do.

To put things into perspective, when I joined the Cannonball 500, my average speed was 68 kph and that already included 200 kph bursts on TPLEX and hammering up Aritao Road and down Kennon.

I'm not saying it's not possible because I've done it, but I know that to do Naga-Manila in 5 hours means you have to go at a sustained high speed even through the winding roads of Tagkawayan/Del Gallego/Ragay and the towns of Quezon.

Relaxed for me is when you don't see much road traffic and without those trike, motorcycles hugging the inner lane, add to that the crossing animals that makes me feel sorry when i hear the bones crack under the chassis during a road kill. The widened 4-lane plus shoulder makes driving easy to maintain that 77 kph average speed. Try riding the bus at night, if not for the stop-overs then ganun din kabilis byahe. Even the Manila east road are widened, sa Luisiana to Tayabas nalang medyo makipot but overall mas enjoy ako dahil hindi nakakaantok. When going back to Manila dapat maaga lang to avoid the traffic at Morong-Tanay area.

Star - Ibaan - San Juan - eco tourism Lucena is fine but not worth the additional kms and toll fee, mejo makipot din daan .

Lopez - Calauag - Tabugon Sta Elena up to Sipocot are widened road and recently may newly overlayed asphalt wala pa pintura. Sta Elena-Bagong Silang-Daet-Tuaca Basud route are mostly widened with ongoing construction. Roads to Bicol are getting better now, even the remotest of the remote like Caramoan and Siruma that are impassable before during rainy days, ngayon ay cemented na.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Ang bilis pala dati. Ngayon kalahating araw na ang byahe. Buti nalang uso na yung higaan na bus.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

10. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Wala na ba yung malalalim na lubak sa Quirino all the way to Naga? Honda Civic 2015 dala kong kotse kinakabahan ako baka magkahiwa hiwalay yung pang ilallim. Dati kse lumalagabog yung mga bus pag nalulubak.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast