New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Good day po, ask ko lang po kung papunta akong Naga mas sulit po ba kung dadaan ako sa quezon eco tourism road given na mas malayo compared sa maharlika highway na mas maikli pero baka mas matrapik naman? plano po naming umalis ng around 3am-4am, mahirap po bang hanapin yung eco tourism road kung sakaling medyo madilim pa and manghingi na rin po akong suggestion sa mga stopover along the way, kung saan pewdeng magbreakfast?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    If madilim pa okay lang naman using the old route, pero pwede ka rin mag Ecotourism. The Ecotourism road is useful pag may araw na. Walang street lights dito

If coming from Manila, you can stopover in Lucena, then possible next is Pares King sa may Sta Elena, Cam Norte ata. You can't miss it kasi there are lots of buses na eto stopover nila

3. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Mabilis lang yan eco tourism road na yan, yun maharlika dami buses dyan tapos hilo pa

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    avoid san pablo, matraffic, grabe 2 hours kami dun nung pabalik na. but that was summer time at nataon na madaming fiesta.
    same with sariaya. lintek yan 1 road town e sarado pa dahil sa parade nila, ni hindi man lang naglagay ng detour route kaya almost 1-1/2 hours kami dun.

next time will pass via the lipa city-san juan route, longer pero fastest according to mr. google.
    Last edited by yebo; October 11th, 2016 at 01:17 PM.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Dami construction ngayon from Ibaan exit to Ecotourism

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Hit or miss ang Maharlika Highway when it comes to traffi (especially San Pablo).

Better take STAR Tollway, exit at Lipa, Padre Garcia, San Antonio, Tiaong, Candelaria, EcoTourism Road, then Lucena Diversion Road.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Take the blue - fast, medyo boring

gray - fun lalo na sa camarines norte's bitukang manok

Google Maps

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by johncoder View Post
    Take the blue - fast, medyo boring

gray - fun lalo na sa camarines norte's bitukang manok

Google Maps
    It's not worth it driving an extra 2 hours via Cam Norte vs via Andaya Highway. From Sta. Elena to Daet, the roads aren't really all that nice so you can't go all that fast. Daet to Sipocot is quite nice but I still don't think it's worth it unless you plan to something in Cam Norte such as going to Calaguas Island.

If your objective is Naga, then just take Andaya. I don't know anyone who's ever said "385 km isn't enough, I want to drive an extra 100 km!"

You could spend the time saved to rest or enjoy Naga's restaurants. I recommend Bob Marlin and Chili Peppers. Pbar if you want some drinks. [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ParticleX View Post
    If madilim pa okay lang naman using the old route, pero pwede ka rin mag Ecotourism. The Ecotourism road is useful pag may araw na. Walang street lights dito

If coming from Manila, you can stopover in Lucena, then possible next is Pares King sa may Sta Elena, Cam Norte ata. You can't miss it kasi there are lots of buses na eto stopover nila
    If you're driving during the day (say, you leave Manila at 7am), I would recommend to have lunch in Candelaria. The crispy pata and sinigang na hipon is awesome. You could also try the seaside restaurants along Atimonan. [emoji1303]

If you stop at Lucena or Gumaca, you'll just end up with the usual fastfood chains. However, if you leave early (3am-ish), everything else is closed so you really don't have much choice.

I also agree with the tips here - if you can get yourself to Lopez, Quezon (5 hrs) before 8am, Maharlika is faster. Once the towns wake up, traffic is crazy because of the narrow roads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Ill never go back to Bicol unless it's free and i am not using my own car.

Last summer, punta ako dyan kasi libre naman ang vacation ko sa Calaguas. It's just not worth it going there for me who already traveled long roads sa US.

Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast