New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn_duke View Post
    Finally completed my land trip travel from Bogo Cebu to Matnog Sorsogon to Legaspi then to Las Pinas. Thanks to Travajante for suggesting to try the Bogo to Matnog route.
    Costs:
    Bogo to Matnog Ferry Fare = 12,750
    Polambato Misc Fees = 350+70= 420
    Passenger Fare /Tourist = 1,250/pax

Travel Time = 10 hours
    Boat speed = 10 knots.
    Sailing time = 11:50 PM
    Boarding Time 10 PM

Diesel = 2,400+ 1,300= 3,700
    Average consumption 12km/liter

Road Conditions
    Cebu to Bogo = drive 3 hours, left 3 PM heavy traffic, 1 hour from Mandaue to Liloan. Good road especially to Bogo from Carmen.

Matnog to Albay= Wide 4 lane, asphalted Sorsogon roads to Legaspi, very few pot holes.

Albay to Cam sur (Sipocot) = Same as Sorsogon road.

Sipocot to Tagkawayan (Quezon) = Much improved but no near the Sorsogon roads condition. More pot holes, 3 segments with one way traffic.
    Tagkawayan to Atimonan = You wlll curse a lot !
    Atimonan to LPC = Driveable

Got my Autoswerp RFID at Petron km 44 Northbound

Total driving hours (incl Cebu) with stops = 15 hours.
    I left Albay 1:30 AM. dont leave earlier, otherwise you will share the road with the buses. Night visibility is the key for faster. travel. Waze now has all the railroad crossing as proximity alert.
    Thanks. Good info as I'm planning to drive all the way to Cebu as well. Is the 15-hour travel time inclusive of the 10-hour ferry from Bogo to Matnog? Also, is pet allowed on the ferry?

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Last edited by dreamur; March 20th, 2024 at 07:11 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    Thanks. Good info as I'm planning to drive all the way to Cebu as well. Is the 15-hour travel time inclusive of the 10-hour ferry from Bogo to Matnog? Also, is pet allowed on the ferry?

The 15 hour is pure driving, mandaue to bogo (3 hours), matnog to legaspi ( 2 hours) and to las pinas (10 hours).

For Matnog to Bogo thru Lite Shipping, you must make a reservation at least a week before travel, no walk ins. Lite Shipping ticketing office in Matnog is along the national highway about 5 kms before Matnog Port. All ticketing is done outside of Matnog Port. Matnog to Bogo is Monday and Friday, 11:50 pm.

I dont know the pet policy of lite shipping, but I saw a cat and dog inside pet cages and dozen of fighting cocks inside boxes in the economy accomodation. I suggest you contact lite shipping.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    The 15 hour is pure driving, mandaue to bogo (3 hours), matnog to legaspi ( 2 hours) and to las pinas (10 hours).

For Matnog to Bogo thru Lite Shipping, you must make a reservation at least a week before travel, no walk ins. Lite Shipping ticketing office in Matnog is along the national highway about 5 kms before Matnog Port. All ticketing is done outside of Matnog Port. Matnog to Bogo is Monday and Friday, 11:50 pm.

I dont know the pet policy of lite shipping, but I saw a cat and dog inside pet cages and dozen of fighting cocks inside boxes in the economy accomodation. I suggest you contact lite shipping.
    Salamat bai. This is helpful.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015

If you wish to skirt traffic & have a more enjoyable drive, my choice has always been the west coast....Bogo-Balamban then up TCH. I never take Bogo-Danao anymore.[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tsikot Forums mobile app

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    If you wish to skirt traffic & have a more enjoyable drive, my choice has always been the west coast....Bogo-Balamban then up TCH. I never take Bogo-Danao anymore.[emoji4]

Safe ba ang north bound ng TCH? I only tried the south trip couple of times.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Safe ba ang north bound ng TCH? I only tried the south trip couple of times.

I always take TCH. Farther but same travel time.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    I always take TCH. Farther but same travel time.

Thanks bai. Let's have coffee or a mug of beer below zero when I get the chance to visit the birthplace again.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Thanks bai. Let's have coffee or a mug of beer below zero when I get the chance to visit the birthplace again.

Anytime.[emoji120]

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Manila to Cebu by Land