New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Good Evening Everyone, has anybody taken their car from Manila to Cebu via Matnog Sorsogon lately? I noticed this thread is already old but the information past is quite informative. How are conditions of roads from Allen to Isabel Leyte?

enjoy your trip sir.[/QUOTE]

2. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Hi sir, tried this route last May, Matnog to San Isidro. San Isidro is the port of call of Fast cat instead of Allen. As usual, rough road pa rin hanggang Calbayog. But doable by sedan since yun ang gamit ko. Then ferry from Bato to Ubay. once a day lang ang byahe but two ferry naman ang nag se served. And last ferry is Tagbilaran to Argao.
    Try mo rin yung Central Nautical Highway. Na try ko rin last 2015. From Pilar, Sorsogon to Masbate. Once a day rin lang ang byahe. Masbate City to Catingan. Then ferry from Cataingan to Bogo. 2 ferry lang po ang kelangan to reach Cebu. Road condition in Masbate is doable by Sedan. HTH.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    mga pogi - meron bang direct roro ferry from Batangas to Cebu? we're planning to visit cebu sana but looking for alternative route ang usual kasi is via Sorsogon/Matnog. Thanks

4. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Completed Manila-Matnog-Allen-Hilongos-Cebu just this morning.

Day 1 May 20 Sat: Headed out for Naga past 11AM from Bicutan. Got to Naga by 930PM. Struk by traffic early on so the supposedly 8-hr drive took longer. So better head out earlier than we did.

Overnight * CBD Hotel.

Day 2 May 21 Sun: Headed out for Matnog past 10AM. Stopped by Cagsawa Ruins in Albay before arriving in Matnog around 330PM. Took the Montenegro roro bound for Looc, Allen. P960 for the Innova, 120 for extra persons.

Overnight * Birmingham Allen. This one has a swimming pool para makapag relax :D.

Day 3 May 22 Mon: Headed out for Hilongos past 8AM. Stopped by Robinson's Tacloban for a late lunch (1:30PM) before getting to Hilongos at 6PM. Took the Gabisan roro bound for Cebu Pier 5. P3,500 for the Innvoa, 350(?) extra persons.

Day 4 May 23 Tue: Exited the roro at 230AM. Went home to get more sleep before prepping for another day at the office.

All other expenses would depend on what you eat and where you stay.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by blank check View Post
    Completed Manila-Matnog-Allen-Hilongos-Cebu just this morning.

Day 1 May 20 Sat: Headed out for Naga past 11AM from Bicutan. Got to Naga by 930PM. Struk by traffic early on so the supposedly 8-hr drive took longer. So better head out earlier than we did.

Overnight * CBD Hotel.

Day 2 May 21 Sun: Headed out for Matnog past 10AM. Stopped by Cagsawa Ruins in Albay before arriving in Matnog around 330PM. Took the Montenegro roro bound for Looc, Allen. P960 for the Innova, 120 for extra persons.

Overnight * Birmingham Allen. This one has a swimming pool para makapag relax :D.

Day 3 May 22 Mon: Headed out for Hilongos past 8AM. Stopped by Robinson's Tacloban for a late lunch (1:30PM) before getting to Hilongos at 6PM. Took the Gabisan roro bound for Cebu Pier 5. P3,500 for the Innvoa, 350(?) extra persons.

Day 4 May 23 Tue: Exited the roro at 230AM. Went home to get more sleep before prepping for another day at the office.

All other expenses would depend on what you eat and where you stay.
    Sir blank check, how's the road condition from Allen to Calbayog? Tia.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by falken View Post
    Sir blank check, how's the road condition from Allen to Calbayog? Tia.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Lots of road work but not that bad. A few other road works also after Calbayog but still not bad. Not a problem for sedans.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Guys, planning to drive to Cebu (and back) this Christmas week. Need your inputs on the following:

1. Will the roro services both at matnog and leyte be available?

2. What would be the traffic condition considering the holidays?

3. Are pets allowed on those stops with hotels?

Edit: travelling with family pala + 1 small pet. Planning to stay in a hotel in Naga and Allen that is pet friendly.

Appreciate your help!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dreamur; October 23rd, 2017 at 09:58 AM.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Edit: planning to drive both ways. Whole trip may take 10 days.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamur View Post
    Guys, planning to drive to Cebu (and back) this Christmas week. Need your inputs on the following:

1. Will the roro services both at matnog and leyte be available?

2. What would be the traffic condition considering the holidays?

3. Are pets allowed on those stops with hotels?

Edit: travelling with family pala + 1 small pet. Planning to stay in a hotel in Naga and Allen that is pet friendly.

Appreciate your help!

Since you are planning to sleep at Naga and Allen, most likely you are planning a daytrip, which is good and advisable for first time travelers.

1. The roro service at Matnog and Allen ports starts at 6 am up to about 5-6 pm in the afternoon. Provided theres no typhoon, the service should be continuous on a first come first serve basis. Last Christmas my kids coming from Cebu got stranded at Allen due to the typhoon, they spent their Christmas at a hotel in Calbayog.

You have to check the roro service from Leyte to Cebu, they have been very erratic, for this reason, I shifted to Cokaliong Lines, it leaves Calbayog to Cebu 7 pm, Tues/Thurs/Sat. Cokaliong charge about P 8-9k for a starex/montero. The port is at Magino-o, Calbayog about 10 km before Calbayog coming from Allen, but the cargo office is in Calbayog City, so you buy your ticket there not at the pot.

If passing Leyte is part of your itinerary, maybe to see San Juanico Bridge and Tacloban, you should first check the ferries/roro operating the ormoc-cebu route for their schedule, because they frequently change their schedules, you dont want to arrive at Ormoc only to find out theres no roro service. In your plan itinerary, you will arrive Ormoc early afternoon, enought time to catch the evening 10:00 pm (?) roro to cebu (Lite Shipping). Its peak season so expect a lot of travelers, the earlier you arrive at Ormoc the better chance you can get a slot for your car. Call the shipping lines to confirm their schedule, dont rely on their webpages.

2. You are coming from Manila(?) expect the traffic to be heavy, those coming from the Visayas are the lighter during pre-Christmas travel. Plan your route, there are new diversion roads that you could take to avoid the city choke points especially in the Batangas-Quezon area. If this is your first time to travel this route, dont travel at night to beat the traffic, night travel will still be moderate to heavy due to trucks and provincial buses, but you will be in the disadvantage since you are not familiar with the road.

3. What kind of pet? My daughter always bring her cat with her, its allowed but inside the pet cage. I have not slept in a hotel in Naga, so im unsure about the hotels there about pet policy. You can give them a call when you do your booking. At Allen , we had no problem for a cat in a cage.

Hope this helps. Your spoilers here are the ferries/roros and the weather.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Thank you *glenn_duke! Very informative.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Manila to Cebu by Land