New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Mga tol,

I am planning to bring my car to Cebu next year. Can you please help me the directions to get there. How long does the travel takes. What are the stop overs of the trip.

Thanks a lot.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    If your coming from manila, take the slex and drive up to matnog, sorsogon.Travel time 12 to 13 hours depende sa speed mo. Kung isasabay mo sightseeing daan ka sa cam.sur wake boarding facility and sa cagsawa ruins sa albay..Then Ro-Ro to allen, samar. Drive ka na ulit along western samar. Tatawid ng san juanico bridge to leyte.

Marami ports ang leyte na may RoRo papunta cebu. Meron sa Ormoc, Isabel and Hindang and others na di ko alam. Pinakamalapit sa cebu is isabel leyte. Mga 2 1/2 hours from tacloban. May Roro dun papunta sa danao cebu. aprox. 4 hours ang pagtawid.

Taga Albay ako but i'm working in Cebu. Uwi this xmas dalhin ko din car ko. Update kita kung magkano na bayad sa pagtawid and how is the road condition in samar. Leyte is good but not quite. Ang from manila to sorsogon no problem.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Tama si BicolExpress. I took that route last year. Two days lang nasa Cebu kana. Tip ko lang is to leave Allen early (3am), if you're gonna stay for the night, for Isabel Leyte. 11:30AM o 12:30 PM ang alis ng roro for Danao. Muntik na kaming maiwan ng ferry kasi 4:30 na kami nakaalis ng Allen, plus you have to take into consideration the road condition in Samar.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    How about the Batangas - Mindoro - Panay - Negros - Cebu route?

:car: [SIZE="1"]3903[/SIZE]

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    An alternate but rather circuitrous route is via Batangas-Mindoro-Panay-Negros-Cebu route. You will be able to pass by Puerto Galera, Caticlan (or Boracay), Capiz, Ilolilo City, Bacolod City, Dumaguete City, then southern tip of Cebu province. It's really more of a "pasyal trip". Nice if you bring along your family or you're in a group.

If you are alone and would opt for a leisurely ride (di ka mapapagod)... take a Superferry to Cebu with the car as rolling cargo. Next day naduon ka na.
    Last edited by Gerbo; December 14th, 2008 at 06:23 PM. Reason: grammar

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Thanks for all the info. I'd rather take the Batangas-Mindoro-Panay-Negros-Cebu route. I will bring my family with me, so the trip is more on sight seeing. Is there any precautions that I need to know? Hindi ba delikado ang way sa mga Niece People Around. What are the timings of the RORO from Batangas to Mindoro, Mindoro to Panay? Any suggestions of the good hotels and restaurants on the way to the trip? Where can I get a detailed map that indicates all the route. How many copies of OR and CR do I need? Pasensya na sa lahat nang hassle, I need to plan this ahead so that I know all the things that I gonna do for this trip.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    PGMA opens Central Nautical Highway as Ro-Ro caravan “sails on” Monday
    SATURDAY, APRIL 26, 2008 | INFRASTRUCTURE

The third component of President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo’s Strong Republic Nautical Highway (SRNH) -- the Central Nautical Highway, -- is about to “sail on” on Monday from Bulan, Sorsogon in Luzon all the way to Misamis Oriental in Mindanao.

The Central Nautical Highway Roll-on-Roll-off is the central trunk route connecting the province of Sorsogon to Balingoan in Misamis Oriental, passing through Central Visayas and connecting to the east-west trunk routes of Cawayan in Masbate, Bogo Port in central Cebu, Tubigon Port in Bohol, then to Jagna Port also in Bohol, and to the Mambajao Port in Camiguin.

The President will send off on Monday the RO-RO caravan that will test the viability of the nautical highway at the Bulan Port and Cawayan Port.

At some points of the voyage, she shall be joining the caravan.

The RO-RO caravan’s “sail on” from bustling Jagna Port in Bohol on the way to Mambajao Port in scenic Camiguin will have the President on board as she will be presiding over Tuesday’s National Economic and Development Authority (NEDA) Cabinet Group meeting as the caravan sails on to the Bohol Sea.

The caravan ends Wednesday (April 30) in Cagayan de Oro City with the holding of the Central Philippines SRNH Conference.

The SNRH -- an integrated set of highway segments and ferry routes, combined with road and ferry routes not formally part of SRNH -- is touted as one of the President’s legacy projects as it stands to spur economic development in the countryside. It links the island provinces through an efficient transport system that would enhance access to tourists areas throughout the country; and offers an alternate route for the flow of agricultural products at a lesser cost.

The President has said that” …the nautical highway brings development closer to the provinces… that will connect the market of Luzon to the production centers, the agricultural production centers of Mindanao.”

Travelling by Ro-Ro reduces the cost of travel by 37 to 43 percent for passengers, and 24 to 34 percent for cargo when compared to both sea and air travel.

It also reduces travel time by 10 to 12 hours when compared to ordinary sea travel.

Called the “highway of the sea,” the Ro-Ro system ferries trucks carrying goods and produce from Mindanao to Luzon and vice versa, directly to their destinations, without unloading in every port.

The SRNH -- a 919-kilometer (land) and 137 nautical mile (sea) transportation infrastructure -- includes the Western Nautical Highway or the western seaboard trunk route that links Manila and Dipolog City in Mindanao, and the Eastern Nautical Highway or the eastern sea link that connects Biliran in Leyte to Surigao City.

And, of the course, the Central Nautical Highway that would be opened Monday (April 28). Transportation Undersecretary Len Bautista stressed that the sea route, once it goes on its maiden sail Monday, must be operational from thereon.

The Montenegro Lines and Negros Navigation would be plying the central seaboard trunk.
    http://www.gov.ph/news/default.asp?i=20750

here's the link of montenegro lines.

nandito narin ang fares ..

http://montenegrolines.com.ph/msli_web/

dont take he samar route. jeez unless your an off roader.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by magicHANS View Post
    Thanks for all the info. I'd rather take the Batangas-Mindoro-Panay-Negros-Cebu route. I will bring my family with me, so the trip is more on sight seeing. Is there any precautions that I need to know? Hindi ba delikado ang way sa mga Niece People Around. What are the timings of the RORO from Batangas to Mindoro, Mindoro to Panay? Any suggestions of the good hotels and restaurants on the way to the trip? Where can I get a detailed map that indicates all the route. How many copies of OR and CR do I need? Pasensya na sa lahat nang hassle, I need to plan this ahead so that I know all the things that I gonna do for this trip.

based on our expirience,

its not that safe, ingat lang.

the route that you are planning is so expensive. na try na namin to. pero much enjoyable rout than freakin samar. gastos lang sa RORO.

hotels and restos? search the google

detailed maps marami sa national bookstore. (get the updated one)

also bring bring extra copies of maps.

copies ng OR/CR kailangan sa bawat roro. better to bring many copies para sigurado. around 15 copies each pwede na.

and also bring some foods and lastly

Bring a firearm.

just when you need it.

and also dont stop on the road whenever your being hit by a stone etc ...

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by magicHANS View Post
    Mga tol,

I am planning to bring my car to Cebu next year. Can you please help me the directions to get there. How long does the travel takes. What are the stop overs of the trip.

Thanks a lot.
    hi mga tol..

pls teach me the best route from manila to cebu, i have the same plan as mgic has.. thanks po..

10. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    macjep69,

First you need to have map of Southern Luzon, Samar and Leyte.Make sure that it is current, you can buy this in National bookstore.

From Manila you're direction is Matnog, Sorsogon(So you will pass Laguna, Quezon Province and Bicol Region). From Matnog tatawid by Roro going to Allen Northern Samar and then travel ka uli by land from Allen Samar to Isabel Leyte and then Roro from Isabel Leyte to Danao. Timing nang Roro, sa matnog to allen parang 24hrs yon(1hr travel), isabel layte to danao 12:30pm daily pero may dinagdag yata na isang biyahe (03:30am)-travel time is 4hrs.

Ang ginawa kasi namin from Alabang travel kami nang madaling araw to matnog (15hrs yong travel namin dahil mabagal lang ang takbo ko), mga 9pm tumawid kami nang allen samar 10pm nasa allen na kami, rest kami sandali, then around 3:30am travel kami uli from allen to isabel leyte, mga almost 10hrs din ang travel namin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Land route from manila to cebu