New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    May 2009
    macjep,

eto ang alternative-more hassle-more expensive-yet-scenic route...that is if ayaw mo magvia samar leyte route....been plying this route so many times with my vehicle before....

Origin:Manila
    1. Take SLEX exit batangas
    2. around 6-8 km (i think) from SLEX exit, take right to STAR tollway
    3. direcho na yung STAR dun sa batangas city port (dati kasi via lipa-sto. tomas)
    4. upon exit ng STAR toll, direcho ka lang pagdating mo ng intersxn then follow the winding road to the roro port. select ka n lng ng shipping depende s sked going to calapan...ingat ka baka romblon o abra de ilog, occ mindoro masakyan mo. fastest ang montenegro lines among others... with regards to safety, i'm not sure as per the previous december accidents. to be safe, buy your personal lifejacket for you and your family.
    5. pagdating ng calapan, land travel (about 1.5 hours at >100 km/h speeds) to roxas port southern mindoro. board ka ng ferry to caticlan.
    6. kung gabihin ka ng dating sa caticlan, you may check sa mga mini hotels dun unless gusto mo magbora.
    7. land travel to dumangas port, iloilo (via aklan-capiz >4hrs, via antique ganun din) less travelled lang kasi ang antique pero maganda na daan dun kesa capiz prov.
    8. upon reaching dumangas port, board a ferry to bacolod city
    9. land travel bacolod to san carlos via murcia or northern bacolod...or via kabankalan-mountain road to a port located a town before dumaguete. i forgot the town's name. so meron kang two options to get to cebu from negros. 1. ferry via san carlos-toledo 2. ferry via yung port sa town before dumaguete going to southern cebu.

You need to bring OR & CR for registration sa coast guard at shipping line...ipaxerox mo na rin.

Expenses:approximate P10k plus for ferry rides only. wala pa meals and lodging mo....magastos ano. check mo na lng sa website ng montenegrolines. hindi sila nagkakalayo with other ferries. plus tip sa taga ferry or port kung gusto mo na isingit ka nila. hehehe... done this many times.

Importante may map ka rin. Food and water syempre. Magdala ka rin ng karelyebong driver kung meron. Do not make any unnecessary stopovers especially on lonely highways umaga man o gabi. sa mga gas station ka na lng or sa mataong lugar.

Duration of travel: approx. 2 days din kung tuloy tuloy ang byahe at natyempuhan mo ang sked ng ferry

haba no.hehe

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by s_quilicot View Post
    based on our expirience,

its not that safe, ingat lang.

the route that you are planning is so expensive. na try na namin to. pero much enjoyable rout than freakin samar. gastos lang sa RORO.

hotels and restos? search the google

detailed maps marami sa national bookstore. (get the updated one)

also bring bring extra copies of maps.

copies ng OR/CR kailangan sa bawat roro. better to bring many copies para sigurado. around 15 copies each pwede na.

and also bring some foods and lastly

Bring a firearm.

just when you need it.

and also dont stop on the road whenever your being hit by a stone etc ...
    mas maganda buy ka nadin ng GPS carnavi ang bilhin mo complete na sya pati mga resorts and hotels madali ka makakahanap mura pa ito. anyway ingat sa byahe mo!!!

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Mga sir, I am bringing home a care from Manila to Cebu and thinking of driving using the shortest route. Any update on the notorious road conditions in Samar? Nag-improve na ba? Or has anyone done this leg recently?

WOuld appreciate any info that will greatly help like departure time ng mga roro and costs. Again, from Cebu to Manila po ang direction ko.

Thanks in advance.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    clarification po on my first sentence, I mean I am bringing home a car I bought in Cebu to our house in Manila...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    you can by-pass mindoro already

2Go has just opened a roro ferry service direct from batangas to caticlan (panay)

i heard that it is a 10 hour boat trip but at least you dont have to drive from calapan to roxas in mindoro anymore

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by miked View Post

....Do not make any unnecessary stopovers especially on lonely highways umaga man o gabi. sa mga gas station ka na lng or sa mataong lugar.
    Bro, anong mga possible dangers dito?
    Thanks.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by s_quilicot View Post

Bring a firearm.

just when you need it.

and also dont stop on the road whenever your being hit by a stone etc ...
    May you elaborate bro?
    Thanks.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Noel Salisipan View Post
    May you elaborate bro?
    Thanks.
    Option 1:
    1. Cebu city to danao, cebu by land (how many kms?)
    2. danao, Cebu to Isabel, Leyte by roro (how much and how long is the travel? Is it daily?)
    3. Isabel Leyte to Allen Samar by land (how many kms?)
    4. Allen Samar to Matnog sorsogon by roro (how much and how long is the travel? What time does the boat leave allen?)
    5. Matnog sorsogon to Manila by land (420kms right?)

Option2:
    Cebu to caticlan, how to get to caticlan?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by aj5 View Post
    Option 1:
    1. Cebu city to danao, cebu by land (how many kms?)
    2. danao, Cebu to Isabel, Leyte by roro (how much and how long is the travel? Is it daily?)
    3. Isabel Leyte to Allen Samar by land (how many kms?)
    4. Allen Samar to Matnog sorsogon by roro (how much and how long is the travel? What time does the boat leave allen?)
    5. Matnog sorsogon to Manila by land (420kms right?)

Option2:
    Cebu to caticlan, how to get to caticlan?
    Option 2:

1) Cebu City to Toledo City
    2) Toledo City to San Carlos City, Negros by roro
    3) San Carlos City to Bacolod city
    4) Bacolod City to Dumanggas, Iloilo by roro
    5) Dumanggas to Caticlan

IMO, Option 2 is the shorter route.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by miked View Post
    macjep,

eto ang alternative-more hassle-more expensive-yet-scenic route...that is if ayaw mo magvia samar leyte route....been plying this route so many times with my vehicle before....

Origin:Manila
    1. Take SLEX exit batangas
    2. around 6-8 km (i think) from SLEX exit, take right to STAR tollway
    3. direcho na yung STAR dun sa batangas city port (dati kasi via lipa-sto. tomas)
    4. upon exit ng STAR toll, direcho ka lang pagdating mo ng intersxn then follow the winding road to the roro port. select ka n lng ng shipping depende s sked going to calapan...ingat ka baka romblon o abra de ilog, occ mindoro masakyan mo. fastest ang montenegro lines among others... with regards to safety, i'm not sure as per the previous december accidents. to be safe, buy your personal lifejacket for you and your family.
    5. pagdating ng calapan, land travel (about 1.5 hours at >100 km/h speeds) to roxas port southern mindoro. board ka ng ferry to caticlan.
    6. kung gabihin ka ng dating sa caticlan, you may check sa mga mini hotels dun unless gusto mo magbora.
    7. land travel to dumangas port, iloilo (via aklan-capiz >4hrs, via antique ganun din) less travelled lang kasi ang antique pero maganda na daan dun kesa capiz prov.
    8. upon reaching dumangas port, board a ferry to bacolod city
    9. land travel bacolod to san carlos via murcia or northern bacolod...or via kabankalan-mountain road to a port located a town before dumaguete. i forgot the town's name. so meron kang two options to get to cebu from negros. 1. ferry via san carlos-toledo 2. ferry via yung port sa town before dumaguete going to southern cebu.

You need to bring OR & CR for registration sa coast guard at shipping line...ipaxerox mo na rin.

Expenses:approximate P10k plus for ferry rides only. wala pa meals and lodging mo....magastos ano. check mo na lng sa website ng montenegrolines. hindi sila nagkakalayo with other ferries. plus tip sa taga ferry or port kung gusto mo na isingit ka nila. hehehe... done this many times.

Importante may map ka rin. Food and water syempre. Magdala ka rin ng karelyebong driver kung meron. Do not make any unnecessary stopovers especially on lonely highways umaga man o gabi. sa mga gas station ka na lng or sa mataong lugar.

Duration of travel: approx. 2 days din kung tuloy tuloy ang byahe at natyempuhan mo ang sked ng ferry

haba no.hehe

Thanks for the invaluable info. Ask ko lang sana waht is the cost of ferries on these routes if you are bringing a full size SUV like a Toyota VX? Need some idea kasi I am planning to bring my family sana on this land trip to Cebu.

Thanks,
    Taco Bear

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Land route from manila to cebu