New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by butchik View Post
    Oh okay. So lampas na po ako sa Andaya Hiway?
    yup. afaik andaya highway ang pinakaworst na part ng trip.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Haay salamat po sa response. Pero siguro iwan ko parin ang car, kasi medyo tinatamad na ko mag drive at maganda ang parking space sa tutuluyan namin sa CWC. Whatever will see will see. Thanks again, for your input Sir! God bless!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Haay salamat po sa response. Pero siguro iwan ko parin ang car, kasi medyo tinatamad na ko mag drive at maganda ang parking space sa tutuluyan namin sa CWC. Whatever will see will see. Thanks again, for your input Sir! God bless!
    Mas mahirap pag wala kang dalang sasakyan, preferably you rent a jeep or a van.
    It not easy to visit Cagsawa ruins and the Mayon planetarium? which are in opposite sides of Mayon Volcano.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    12 hours parin ba ang biyahe? o nadagdagan na po ba mga bypass roads? like yung sa tiaong bypass, di na dadaan sa bayan

5. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn_duke View Post
    Mas mahirap pag wala kang dalang sasakyan, preferably you rent a jeep or a van.
    It not easy to visit Cagsawa ruins and the Mayon planetarium? which are in opposite sides of Mayon Volcano.
    How far is Cagsawa ruins from Mayon Planetarium?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    How far is Cagsawa ruins from Mayon Planetarium?
    From Cagsawa to Mt Mayon Planetarium it is about 45 kms, roughly 1 hr drive via Ligao.

The hitch here is if the bridge going to Tabaco from Ligao is not yet fixed then you have to take the Legaspi City-Sto Domingo-Tabaco road which is farther. When I passed here last January, the bridge is still under repair and I have to drive below the bridge, no problem for SUVs and PUJs, but definitely not for cars.

If you have other site to visit in Legaspi City, here is my suggested route for you.

From Naga City travel to Cagsawa ruins in Guinobatan, then to Legaspi City, do your tour in Legaspi City.
    On the way back, travel through the Sto Domingo-Tabaco road and pass by the Mt Mayon Planetarium.
    From Mt. Mayon Planetarium you can travel back to Naga City through the Tabaco-Polangui road, no damage bridge to cross in this route.
    You need a good guide or GPS as there are many arterial roads. In this itinerary you can use a car.

Or, you can do the reverse starting from the Mt Mayon Planetarium by taking the Polangui-Tabaco road. Road junction is near the Polangui market. Personally this is my preferred choice as I dont want to drive late in the interior roads.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn_duke View Post
    From Cagsawa to Mt Mayon Planetarium it is about 45 kms, roughly 1 hr drive via Ligao.

The hitch here is if the bridge going to Tabaco from Ligao is not yet fixed then you have to take the Legaspi City-Sto Domingo-Tabaco road which is farther. When I passed here last January, the bridge is still under repair and I have to drive below the bridge, no problem for SUVs and PUJs, but definitely not for cars.

If you have other site to visit in Legaspi City, here is my suggested route for you.

From Naga City travel to Cagsawa ruins in Guinobatan, then to Legaspi City, do your tour in Legaspi City.
    On the way back, travel through the Sto Domingo-Tabaco road and pass by the Mt Mayon Planetarium.
    From Mt. Mayon Planetarium you can travel back to Naga City through the Tabaco-Polangui road, no damage bridge to cross in this route.
    You need a good guide or GPS as there are many arterial roads. In this itinerary you can use a car.

Or, you can do the reverse starting from the Mt Mayon Planetarium by taking the Polangui-Tabaco road. Road junction is near the Polangui market. Personally this is my preferred choice as I dont want to drive late in the interior roads.
    Thank you, Sir. Naisip ko lang, parang gusto ko na lang iwan yung car sa CWC at mag commute papunta sa Cagsawa ruins. That way, di ako maligaw ligaw. First time ko lang po kasi pupuntang Albay. Mt Mayon Planetarium is optional, kung kaya pa nang oras. Gusto ko lang talaga makita ang Mayon Volcano At mag pa picture, hahaha!!! But thanks for these useful tips, Sir. Will give it a thought.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
How to get to Naga the shortest route.