New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Planning to take a different route from Baguio to Manila. Ask ko lang kung doable po ba by sedan sa ngayon yung way from Baguio to Aritao. Thanks po sa mga sasagot.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Yes I've done this route before with a hatchback (208 GTi) - roads are all paved. You just have to be ready for the never ending twisty curves (much tighter than the curves in Kennon).

This is also the same route going to Mt. Pulag, which I've done with a sedan. You can see the video here (it's the same Baguio-Aritao road until 2/3 of the video where I exit the main road and make the climb to the Babadak Ranger Station):

Baguio - Pulag Drive - YouTube

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by underman View Post
    Planning to take a different route from Baguio to Manila. Ask ko lang kung doable po ba by sedan sa ngayon yung way from Baguio to Aritao. Thanks po sa mga sasagot.
    Generally Ok naman ang road except for some portions thats being repaired, portions with rock rubbles from previous rock falls. May mga steep narrow uphill din ( similar to the uphill climb after the Lions head at Kennon), majority of the road up to Kayapa are zigzag. Scenic din ang view so travel during daytime. 2 lanes lang ang road up to Vizcaya.

Sa Vizcaya side up to Aritao, well paved, cemented ang roads at malapad, up to 4 lanes.

I use this route whenever I go to Bangbang and back to Baguio. Make sure lang clean and ok pa brake pads mo. May mga uv at (aircon) buses bumibiyahe dito. Normally 2 to 3 hours up to Aritao -Maharlika Highway junction.

From Aritao to Sta Fe to N.Ecija, ganda ng daan mostly asphalted, during weekends, halos walang road obstruction.

Have a nice and safe trip.
    Last edited by glenn_duke; January 12th, 2020 at 12:51 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    why would you take the vizcaya road? mapapalayo ka pa uwi sa manila, pag baba mo aritao aakyat ka nanaman ng sta fe, kung road trip hanap mo, ok naman daan ngayon wag lang ma ulan, may mga small land slide pag pa ulan sa kayapa road

Sent from my Redmi 6A using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Thanks po sa mga nag reply. Anyhow, the purpose of why I am using this route is purely road trip lang naman po.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by underman View Post
    Thanks po sa mga nag reply. Anyhow, the purpose of why I am using this route is purely road trip lang naman po.
    it will definitely not disappoint. this route will even take you right by ambuklao lake and dam.

edit: forgot to add, i did take this route a while back - 2009 or 2010, i think.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Pass by this road a few years ago, really great view and challenging road. My wife brought food kaya nag picnic pa kami sa bundok na marami pine trees

Can you give feedback regarding road condition, might pass by again before the weather gets hotter.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by joaquim View Post
    Pass by this road a few years ago, really great view and challenging road. My wife brought food kaya nag picnic pa kami sa bundok na marami pine trees

Can you give feedback regarding road condition, might pass by again before the weather gets hotter.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    generally good condition...except for some road cuts on Baguio side....

9. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Maayos at Safe ang daan.. Pakiusap lang sa mga ibang motorista dito lalo sa mga baguhan na gusto sumubok--Mag-ingat sa pagmamaneho at huwag nagmamadali.. Yung iba kasing nagmamaneho dito sa bilis at di kabisado ang daan nang-aagaw na ng linya lalo sa mga kurbada tapos yung iba naman nag-oovertake ng alanganin tapos nabubulaga kapag biglang may makasalubong.. Siguraduhin ding kundisyon ang mga sasakyan dahil may kataasan ang mga paahon.. Minsan akong dumaan dito at may Van(Toyota Hi-Ace Commuter) akong hinahabol at binubusinahan dahil malakas yung tagas ng langis sa sasakyan nya eh akala ata nakikipagkarera ako ayaw tumigil ayon naubos ang langis sa makina.. Nung sinilip ilalim natanggal turnilyo sa oil drain..

10. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Nasa planning stage pa lang naman ako. I'm still picking which date is suitable for this journey, I think it needs long holiday. I'll see to it also that the car is in good condition since I will be travelling with my family. And of course, I'm going to make a review once it pushes thru. Thanks guys.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast