New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Ask ko lang... How do you clean and detail the wheel wells of your vehicles? Care to share some special tips? Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    i put my car on jack stands, take out all the wheels, use brush for mud and more challenging dirt or use old wash mitt (which I first heard from either ILD or Dehadista). if I've got leftover (say last 5-10 sprays) from my protectants/dressings, I spray them after they're dry from the wash... it's product waste IMO but it's kinda rewarding to look at even if it's just for the first few meters anyway. :-D

tip: try to clean as much of your wheel well everytime you wash so you don't get piled up dirt once you get the time to detail them...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I'd much rather have the car sent to a wash bay that does underbody then have the wheels removed so they can clean the wheel wells. Give them a generous tip if you're picky on how they do it, so when you go back they will do a better job (hopefully)

Use a thick durable nylon brush. If it has plastic covers see if you can remove them, as sometimes the mud can accumulate inside the covers especially if you waded through flood.

Yep, it's very rewarding indeed.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    coincindentally, I do my own "underwash" too (this is where my BnD PW1300 pressure washer is often used, anyway). most of the carwash (read: not gasoline stations) in my place just use either
    a. a ramp that's about a foot or two above the ground with a "bunker" in the middle or
    b. a separate bay with a "bunker".
    So I just do it the dirty job myself. Whenever I'm home, I've got all the time in the world anyway. Plus this gives me the opportunity to really detail my wheels too...and, more importantly, I need the exercise too...

and yes, I have to agree, it is very rewarding...

nice tip on the plastic covers too mbeige...
    Last edited by B2Bomber; November 30th, 2007 at 06:03 PM.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    During washing, you can use a thick foam then scrub your wheel wells while spraying it with water. Never use steel brush

It's so rewarding to see your wheel wells free from dirt and retain its blackish color.

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by boyT View Post
    During washing, you can use a thick foam then scrub your wheel wells while spraying it with water. Never use steel brush

It's so rewarding to see your wheel wells free from dirt and retain its blackish color.
    i know what you mean.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    I use my hands from time to time to remove the clumps of dirt. of course I spray this with water.

I just try not to think about what I'm actually touching.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by chain View Post
    I use my hands from time to time to remove the clumps of dirt. of course I spray this with water.

I agree. Yun nga lang, sabi nga nila, "sanayan lang yan".

As regards cleaning the wheel wells, I just use soapy water and a brush. On the other hand, with regard to detailing the wheel wells, I have been following this tip I got from another forum where Armor All original protectant is mixed with water (1:1). The mixture is placed in a spray bottle where you spritz the wheel wells. In my experience, nagiging dark yung kulay ng wheel wells. And perhaps it's just me, pero I have noticed na hindi nagiging thick ang putik at buhangin sa wheel wells ever since I started following this tip.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    prefereable ba na Pinturahan ang Wheel well? or even if DiY, spray painting with Undercoat paint? (nakalimutan ko ung tawag eh)

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by chain View Post

Same here. Hehehe.

Using your hands would more or less ensure that you get to remove those caked up dirt without damaging the undercoat or paint in your wheel well.

I once drove in the province where lots cows and carabaos leave their brown frisbees on the road... hehehe... hindi ko na siya kinamay. For that, I used a pressurized washer to clean my wheelwell.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Wheel wells