New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Meron na ba nakapag try na stetch tire? Share naman kayo pros and cons interested kasi ako itry.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    para saan? for performance? for drifting?
    technically, there should be no performance benefit.

performance should come from the tires, brakes and suspension, not the wheels. the wider the tire, the better the grip. obviously, if you widen your tires, you loose response. this is the reason why it is very important to properly match the wheels and tires.

so stretching is done for cosmetics or probably on an economic basis (bili ka ng mas maliit na tire kaya mas mura). you stretch the tire and the sidewall is not parallel na to the wheel face. if you are on negative camber, it will allow you to use lower offset rims and wider wheels.

If you're stretching the tires the contact patch is smaller than it could be. More contact area = more grip in corners. i don't know how this can be applied sa drifting (no idea how it works). pero kung daily drive sya, not only would it compromise your handling, it will compromise your safety as well. mas madaling madamage ang tire pag ganun.

imho.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I fail to see any benefits to tyre stretching. Kinda looks dumb too (sorry as i grew up with mud tyres and plus-sizing tyres... the bigger the better... hehe).

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Unless your joining a drift of drag race which stetch their tires to warm up for traction (i guess)...no use in everyday driving experience...Unless you want to burn rubber as often because you are a part of a racing team with tire sponsor...(which every car enthusiast is dreaming for )

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mateomarco View Post
    Unless your joining a drift of drag race which stetch their tires to warm up for traction (i guess)...no use in everyday driving experience...Unless you want to burn rubber as often because you are a part of a racing team with tire sponsor...(which every car enthusiast is dreaming for )
    since when did real drifters and drag racers use stretched tires?

no pros only cons. don't waste your money and look stupid at the same time.
    Last edited by foresterx; October 2nd, 2013 at 03:38 PM.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    since when did real drifters and drag racers use stretched tires?

no pros only cons. don't waste your money and look stupid at the same time.
    opps...sorry sir...got confused...i was thinking the burnout tires! Agree with you sir...it looks weird, for me ..I guess may binabagayan din itong type of car?
    Last edited by mateomarco; October 2nd, 2013 at 03:48 PM.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mateomarco View Post
    opps...sorry sir...got confused...i was thinking the burnout tires! Agree with you sir...it looks weird, for me ..I guess may binabagayan din itong type of car?
    nope, walang binabagayan yon. it's just another fad for ricers like hellaflush or bikerack on the roof.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^^^ahaha! Bikerack without a bike you mean?! Nuff said!

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    yup, bikerack without a bike. again no pros only cons.:bwahaha:

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    yup, bikerack without a bike. again no pros only cons.:bwahaha:
    Makes you look sporty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Tire Stetching, Pros and Cons