New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If on a budget, just get a set of Achilles 2233s or Neuton NT5000 or Accelera Alpha or Federal 595EVO/Formoza FD2.

I use the Accelera Alpha and it is better than the stock Hankook Optimo on my Fiesta. The Federal 595EVO is a bit noisy like any sport tire but better in terms of grip against the Dunlop LM703.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    If on a budget, just get a set of Achilles 2233s or Neuton NT5000 or Accelera Alpha or Federal 595EVO/Formoza FD2.

I use the Accelera Alpha and it is better than the stock Hankook Optimo on my Fiesta. The Federal 595EVO is a bit noisy like any sport tire but better in terms of grip against the Dunlop LM703.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Is it correct to say that generally, sports tires are noisier and less comfortable?

How will I know if it is a sports tire and a "comfortable tire"? What's the correct word, anyways?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    Is it correct to say that generally, sports tires are noisier and less comfortable?

How will I know if it is a sports tire and a "comfortable tire"? What's the correct word, anyways?
    Ultra High Performance (UHP) and Touring tires are the usual distinctions.

Here's a thread I made before that distinguishes different tire models:

Finding the Best Tire for You

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Ultra High Performance (UHP) and Touring tires are the usual distinctions.

Here's a thread I made before that distinguishes different tire models:

Finding the Best Tire for You

I already subscribed. Thank you, it is very informative.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    upon inquiring on various dealers:

fleva: P5600-5800
    potenza RE003: P9100-9400
    dunlop LM704: P7000-7400
    kumho PS31: P7500

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    You might also want to check out the Kumho Ecsta LE Sport KU39. I got them for 5.5k/piece 2 years ago.

Performance is about the same as my Yokohama Advan V701. Probably even grippier (or maybe the V701 is just noisier at the limit). Either way, the difference is only noticeable at the track. For regular driving, they're about the same, though the V701 is slightly quieter.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Any experience with Falken ZE914? How is it compared to Advan Fleva v701? Price is about the same that's why I'm comparing.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardyharhar View Post
    Any experience with Falken ZE914? How is it compared to Advan Fleva v701? Price is about the same that's why I'm comparing.
    The ZE914 is part of the Ziex line, which is Falken's touring tire brand.

The Advan V701 is part Yokohama's Ultra High Performance line. The comparable Falken would be the more expensive Azenis FK453.

Between the two, the V701 is better. It's made in the Philippines that's why it's cheap for us. So take advantage of that. [emoji4]

9. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    in my experience falkens are noisy at over 100kph or over 1 year. what surprised me was the quality and less noise of the kumho ecsta. had 2 sets already, bang for your bucks

10. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    The ZE914 is part of the Ziex line, which is Falken's touring tire brand.

The Advan V701 is part Yokohama's Ultra High Performance line. The comparable Falken would be the more expensive Azenis FK453.

Between the two, the V701 is better. It's made in the Philippines that's why it's cheap for us. So take advantage of that. [emoji4]

Thanks sir for the enlightenment. Unfortunately, Advan Fleva V701 for 225/45/18 is currently out of stock at least in the reputable tire shops in Banawe and Evangelista that I called. Tried calling also several Yokohama branches (QC, Makati, Pasay, Paranaque, Muntinlupa) and also out of stock. Any suggestion where can I buy? Or should i postpone my purchase for now and wait until stocks arrive?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast