New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jojopad View Post
    Months ago I had the misfortune of a punctured R18 tire. I went to a GoodYear Servitek branch somewhere at QC. To my dismay the shop doesn't have a tire remover that would fit for the R18 mag wheel and they only told me about it after the screw was removed from the tire!

Next I went to West Tyre Center, West Ave QC. They have a tire remover that's a right fit for the R18. I noticed that removing a R18 tire is somewhat more difficult than the ordinary tire with thicker side walls. One of the repair man even told me that some shops would even turn down customers with R18 wheels due to the difficulty of removing the tire. Good thing that they were able to remove the tire without scratching the mag wheel.

Finding a good tire shop that has the right tools and competent personnel can be difficult especially for replacing/repairing R18 tires. Any recommendations of reputable tire shops at Metro Manila?
    naka 20s ako sir. low profile tires (245/40R20). hanap ka ng shop na yung machine tire remover ay made from hard plastic. Jay-M tires sa sucat paranaque meron.

kay Jay-M tires at Hotwheels Trading (pasay evangelista) pa lang na eexperience magpa replace ng tire. hindi pa naman nila nagagasgasan yung lip ng mag wheel.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    I run 18s and I go to Bridgestone Makati for tire concerns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardyharhar View Post
    Just inquired at Gomags evangelista. Price for Kumho Ecsta LE Sport KU39 is P6,300 and manufacturing date is 3517 or Aug-Sep 2017. Is this a good deal since the tires are more or less 8mos old already?
    Since the Yokohama Advan Fleva V701 was out of stock last April-May, I decided to buy 2 pc. Kumho Ecsta LE Sport KU39 last time. Now that I have to replace my other two tires, need advice whether I should go for the Advan Fleva V701 which has stock now (new stock) or choose the Kumho Ecsta LE Sport KU39 (old stock - around Aug-Sep 2017 mfg date). Price is the same for both despite Kumho being the older stock.

Practical question, is it okay to mix tires of the same size but different brands/tread patterns?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Better same brand, same model ...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardyharhar View Post
    Since the Yokohama Advan Fleva V701 was out of stock last April-May, I decided to buy 2 pc. Kumho Ecsta LE Sport KU39 last time. Now that I have to replace my other two tires, need advice whether I should go for the Advan Fleva V701 which has stock now (new stock) or choose the Kumho Ecsta LE Sport KU39 (old stock - around Aug-Sep 2017 mfg date). Price is the same for both despite Kumho being the older stock.

Practical question, is it okay to mix tires of the same size but different brands/tread patterns?
    1 yr old mfg date is okay. Chances are you'll wear your tires before they expire anyway. Unless you drive really low mileages.

My KU39s lasted 41,000 km before I replaced them.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    1 yr old mfg date is okay. Chances are you'll wear your tires before they expire anyway. Unless you drive really low mileages.

My KU39s lasted 41,000 km before I replaced them.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Thanks again for the very helpful advice. Have reserved the KU39's already with gomags. Will get them this Friday.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234