New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Hello everybody. This is my first post. I accidentally discovered your site while I was searching the net. I like the way you communicate- decent and no vulgar messages. Anyway can you pls. help me decide, I bought a ford escape and I plan to change the wheels. I saw a rota wheel - spider model. It looked good, kaya lang do you think its wise? Wala kayang maging problem. And also, switching from the present size 16 rim to a size 17, will it have any undue effect on the riding comfort of the escape?
    Thanks and regards to everybody.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Hi sir! Join Ford Club Philippines. Madami po naka Escape dun baka matulongan ka.

www.fordclubph.com

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yup, join us on fcp, there are quite a few members with Escapes, some of whom can help you.

As for the 17" ROTAs, I assume you're talking about Circuit 10's? They will fit okay on your ride, but take note that they will have a slightly rougher ride than your current 16's. Whether or not they'll make your vehicle slower or drink more gas depends on how heavy they are compared to stock, but if you have the stock 16s (SVT style?), they're very heavy, so changing to ROTAs won't hurt.

BUT: ROTA tuner wheels aren't really made for the rough stuff, and hitting a pothole fast enough in a heavy vehicle will cause them to deform. But if you take care on rough roads, they should last.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    go 18s bitin ang 17s e with tires 235/50

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    *OT :
    Anong brand ba ng roof rails na nakakabit sa Escape? Any idea san shop makakabili and how much?
    TIA!

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Thanks a lot for the very sound advices. Maybe Ill just stick to my present original set up and decide later. I really don't like rough rides. Masakit sa ulo pag matalbog.
    Sir Niki, Ill join Ford Club Phil. Thanks again. Merry Christmas and a prosperous new year to all!

mags for ford escape