1. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    97 honda city on stock rims city 12 to 14
    on sir enkei rims 10 to 12

2. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bayawak boy View Post
    I have no idea what you mean by FC.

Anyway, if you maintain the tire diameter, there should be no drop to speak of.

Given the measurements that you gave, the upgrade closely approximates the original tire diameter. As such, there will be no significant change in ride height. However, these larger rims will adversely affect ride quality.
    FC - Fuel Consumption

3. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post
    Basic rim/tire-FC principle: The heavier the rim/tire is, the more likely your FC would suffer.
    but what if the overall weight of the rim/tire is the same as the stock?

for example: larger tires which is heavier but newer rims that maybe wider but lighter so much so that overall weight of the new rim/tire is the same with the stock

will FC still suffer?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    In my case i changed from stock 16s with 205 55 R16 tires to 17s with 205 50 R17. Wider & lower tire profile and larger rim with overall height taller than by about .19 inches. Pero yung pinili ko na mags ay mas lighter sa stock. Bago ko ipinakabit yung wheels na-compare ko muna yung weight ng dalawa mas lighter talaga yung 17s. The end result is good response from a complete stop, better acceleration and nag-improve yung FC ko.

May nabasa ako sa ibang forum, to keep within +/- 3% of the overall height pag magpapalit ng rims.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 111prez View Post

for example: larger tires which is heavier but newer rims that maybe wider but lighter so much so that overall weight of the new rim/tire is the same with the stock

will FC still suffer?

FC due to the weight of the tire/rim combo will be the same. But taller and/or wider tires will also increase drag, also contributing to increased FC. I'd also be looking at the tread pattern. This also affects FC. You'll notice this more if you do a lot of highway driving. The bigger the spacing and less vertical the blocks are arranged, the more drag. If your tires are noisy on the highway malakas sa FC yun. Although if the bigger tires allow you to float over bumps instead of braking for them, FC might improve.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    from oem 18's, i already shifted to lightweight 20's. so far no significant difference in FC.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by 111prez View Post

will FC still suffer?

No. Same spec pa rin with the OEM set-up eh. Basta if more on city driving, the smaller lighter wheel/rim combo would be better. For those that do more hway rides, bigger wheels not tires itself would be more beneficial.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Mine is from 195/60R14 to 195/50R15.

Result: slight decrease in FC due to increased effort on acceleration.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
How was your FC after changing wheels?