New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    buy branded, from authorized outlets. google them, sir.
    'tis the only way, one can be reasonably assured that the product ain't fake and is of good quality.

i'm not saying the less-known brands are bad. but there must be a reason why they're selling for cheaper.
    Yes, makes sense actually. Thank you for the input sir

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Salanguit View Post
    Yes, makes sense actually. Thank you for the input sir
    but in truth, i'd suggest you stick to brandeds.
    perhaps slightly used?
    some brand new owners kasi, they immediately go to the accessories shop and upgrade their tires and mags.
    if you are lucky, you might score a practically-new set of mags (with or without tires!) for a song...
    you might even score, by olx-ing. madami doong nagbebenta ng set.
    Last edited by dr. d; March 5th, 2018 at 12:30 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2018
    If your budget is tight, I'd suggest to go ROTA. They're a local reputable brand that produces good quality rims. You can get them from a lot of shops or even from their warehouse.

Much better than getting unknown branded imitations with questionable build quality.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by SpinCycle View Post
    If your budget is tight, I'd suggest to go ROTA. They're a local reputable brand that produces good quality rims. You can get them from a lot of shops or even from their warehouse.

Much better than getting unknown branded imitations with questionable build quality.
    Hi Sir, actually yung ROTA eh tinitignan ko na. However, and dame pong reviews and photos na nbabasag. medyo brittle ata yung alloy nila. Di nman din ako sure kung legit yung mga pics and forums but maybe going directly to their factory in Paranque will lessen the risk of getting counterfeits.

5. Join Date
    May 2014
    Hi Sir, actually yung ROTA eh tinitignan ko na. However, and dame pong reviews and photos na nbabasag. medyo brittle ata yung alloy nila. Di nman din ako sure kung legit yung mga pics and forums but maybe going directly to their factory in Paranque will lessen the risk of getting counterfeits.
    Rota wheel reviews?| Grassroots Motorsports forum |

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Have had Rotas...abused....never had 1 problems. Be proud, buy Pinoy!!!! I'd grab em over unbranded knock-offs.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Have had Rotas...abused....never had 1 problems. Be proud, buy Pinoy!!!! I'd grab em over unbranded knock-offs.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Same here, the Rotas on my old ride are 18 yrs. old already. Still no problems.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    perhaps the ROTA complaints are because of fake ROTAs.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Tama ba. At one point naging oem ng isang car manufacturer ang rota?

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    Tama ba. At one point naging oem ng isang car manufacturer ang rota?

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk
    according to their infomercial, they claim to supply the bulk of the oem requirements of the philippine automotive industry.
    during the automotive dark ages, when the only brand-new car in the market was the box lancer, they were supplying the mags of that car.
    Last edited by dr. d; March 16th, 2018 at 09:38 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast