New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    i have 185 55 R15 good year nct 5 tires and they are all 5 to 7 years old already and im planning to change them. that size are hard to find and expensive. Can I change size to 195 50 R15 using the same rims? or please recommend me a good tires that fits to my rims and yet good quality and budget wise. I prefer Indonesia or japan made, no to china and taiwan brands.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    good day! for what car sir?
    195/50 R15 is fine, been using it for years on my EK SiR. if you prefer the stock / non lowered look, 195/55 will do fine. just make sure the rims are wide enough to accomodate the new tires.

Japan tires are plenty. indonesia brands, i prefer gajah tunggal.

Sent from my Cherry OHD using Tapatalk 2

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by arkircc View Post
    i have 185 55 R15 good year nct 5 tires and they are all 5 to 7 years old already and im planning to change them. that size are hard to find and expensive. Can I change size to 195 50 R15 using the same rims? or please recommend me a good tires that fits to my rims and yet good quality and budget wise. I prefer Indonesia or japan made, no to china and taiwan brands.
    rule of thumb is +/-3% of OEM diameter size

4. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by poorprince View Post
    good day! for what car sir?
    195/50 R15 is fine, been using it for years on my EK SiR. if you prefer the stock / non lowered look, 195/55 will do fine. just make sure the rims are wide enough to accomodate the new tires.

Japan tires are plenty. indonesia brands, i prefer gajah tunggal.

hyundai getz 1.1 model 2006 sir. do 195/50 R15 or 195/55 R15 are common and easy to find? and the price?

Quote Originally Posted by s10pao View Post
    rule of thumb is +/-3% of OEM diameter size
    what do you mean sir?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    dont know if its just me but ive seen more choices on a 195/55 versus 50s.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Try to check out Kumho Solus series and compare the price baka naman makakuha ka pa ng reasonable deal getting the same size na gamit mo.

By experience and personal preference lang its either Yokohama A drive or Kumho Solus. Plus side ng A drive tahimik and maganda talanga handling while sa Solus naman medyo maingay pero above average pa rin naman performance and mas mura sa A drive.

Your call naman sir on what to get and good luck hunting for a new set of wheels

7. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by arkircc View Post
    what do you mean sir?
    dapat ung tire diameter is within +/- 3% compared OEM tire diameter.

for example, kung 100mm ung diameter nung stock tires, 97~103mm ang pwede mo ipalit.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    * Diameter inches (mm):
    Old (185/55/R15): 23.01 (584.5)
    New (195/50/R15): 22.68 (576)
    Difference: -0.33 (-8.5) -1.5%

The difference says that the Tire Diameter was reduced by 1.5% (-1.5%).
    So, pasok pa siya sa "rule of thumb" in choosing the right tire size (+/- 3%).
    Usually, 'pag more than 3% kasi, you might need some modifications to avoid "rubbing". hth.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jodski View Post
    Try to check out Kumho Solus series and compare the price baka naman makakuha ka pa ng reasonable deal getting the same size na gamit mo.

By experience and personal preference lang its either Yokohama A drive or Kumho Solus. Plus side ng A drive tahimik and maganda talanga handling while sa Solus naman medyo maingay pero above average pa rin naman performance and mas mura sa A drive.

Your call naman sir on what to get and good luck hunting for a new set of wheels
    ill try to search that one sir, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by s10pao View Post
    dapat ung tire diameter is within +/- 3% compared OEM tire diameter.

for example, kung 100mm ung diameter nung stock tires, 97~103mm ang pwede mo ipalit.
    * Diameter inches (mm):
    Old (185/55/R15): 23.01 (584.5)
    New (195/50/R15): 22.68 (576)
    Difference: -0.33 (-8.5) -1.5%

The difference says that the Tire Diameter was reduced by 1.5% (-1.5%).
    So, pasok pa siya sa "rule of thumb" in choosing the right tire size (+/- 3%).
    Usually, 'pag more than 3% kasi, you might need some modifications to avoid "rubbing". hth.
    I think gets ko na sir, thanks

10. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    there are certain websites that helps you calculate the allowable tyre size.

Tyre Size Calculator

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast