New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2009
    I have a dilemma, I need to replace my reserve tire as it has a large crack. I can't afford buying a set of 4 tires yet and my current tires will still last I think a year. Sayang naman.. So I am thinking of getting just one for now and realized my current tire which is a Goodyear Wrangler HP is now phased out and they are offering me wrangler triple max. I am thinking of getting one triplemax and use it as reserve and when the time comes, I will get 3 more and use my old tires as reserve. Problem is it is possible that when the time comes, wrangler triple max will be phased out and I will be "forced" to get a set of 4 new wrangler whatever model. Ayaw ko naman magkakaiba tires ko and Im sure new models will have new features and driving could be affected.

Sayang din naman kung bibili ako ng cheap tires for reserve and when the time comes na kailangan ko na magpalit ng tires, may 4 ako na good enough as reserve tire.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^

Buy a cheap, but good condition used tyre. Then when the time comes to replace your 4 tyres, buy a set of 5.

Problem solved.

To answer you question, IMHO, 5 years. I stand corrected on that.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Or buy a brand new china budget tire for the purpose of spare tire lang. Pag nagpalit ka ng 4, yun pa rin ang spare mo

Sent from my SM-A9000 using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    ^

Buy a cheap, but good condition used tyre. Then when the time comes to replace your 4 tyres, buy a set of 5.

Problem solved.

To answer you question, IMHO, 5 years. I stand corrected on that.
    I went and shop around and got a used tire for 1,100Php. I will just get a aet when the time comes.