New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    My wife and I were supposed to ride in a friends van tomorrow enroute to Naga for the Penafrancia festivities. Unfortunately plans changed and we are left to bring our own vehicle. This is my first time to travel this far south. (farthest i've drove is Sariaya).

Please direct me to the best possible route, like the major towns and cities that i would be passing through. You may start directions from Lucena. All help would be much appreciated as I am at a loss right now. Cannot back out because accomodations have been fully paid in advance. Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Use mapcentral.ph.

As long as you will be traveling during the day, you won't have any problems. Take the Tagkawayan route to bypass Daet. It's faster unless you want the scenic route through Bitukang Manok which I don't really recommend.

Be sure to have a Phil. road map though just to be sure you won't take wrong turns.. I haven't been there though for more than 10 years but I doubt much of the route have changed since then. Happy trip and enjoy the ride. Stay safe!

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Road maps are available even in gas stations, but anyway, here are the towns you will pass:

Lucena
    Pagbilao
    Atimonan
    Plaridel
    Gumaca
    Lopez
    Calauag
    Tagkawayan
    Del Gallego
    Ragay
    Sipocot
    Libmanan
    Pamplona
    Milaor
    Naga City

If you find yourself in Sta. Elena, that's the way to Daet. hehehe.. you made a wrong turn! Better go back unless you want to pass by Bitukang Manok.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by landlord View Post
    My wife and I were supposed to ride in a friends van tomorrow enroute to Naga for the Penafrancia festivities. Unfortunately plans changed and we are left to bring our own vehicle. This is my first time to travel this far south. (farthest i've drove is Sariaya).

Please direct me to the best possible route, like the major towns and cities that i would be passing through. You may start directions from Lucena. All help would be much appreciated as I am at a loss right now. Cannot back out because accomodations have been fully paid in advance. Thanks in advance.
    landlord,

just follow the buses going to bicol, di ka maliligaw.

but actually you have two options:

first option - pag lagpas mo ng boundary ng Quezon and Camarines Norte, (yung may arko na "welcome to bicolandia") a few kilometers ahead you will come to a junction on your right side. That's the andaya-quirino hiway I think.

you can take that route and it will take you thru Tagkawayan, just follow that hiway and sa pinaka dulo nun you will turn right and you're on your way to Naga, you won't miss it.

second option - once you reach that junction I mentioned above, instead of turning right to that junction, diretso ka lang, just follow the hiway. On this second option it will take you thru the towns of Sta. Elena, Talisay, Labo, Daet, Basud etc. etc. (all towns of Camarines Norte, not necessarily in that order)

I think if you take the 2nd option, the last town of Camarines Norte that you will pass thru is Basud and after that nasa Camarines Sur ka na Sipocot yata yung kasunod.

Don't worry hindi ka mawawala dyan, puro hiway lang yan.

I don't know the condition of the Tagkawayan (andaya-quirino) hiway, but the last time I went thru there it wasn't car friendly as far as road condition is concerned, but if you're bringing an SUV pwede na.

The 2nd option is car friendly as far as road condition is concerned, patag yan all the way to Naga, unless may nasira lately.

Happy trip

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    juntzo,

ako naman I prefer to take the scenic route, unless naayos na nila ng husto yung kalye sa Tagkawayan.

Last time I went back home I took the old hiway on my way back to Manila, ang ganda ng kalsada, ang haba nga lang

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    *Artpogi Yes mahaba nga kaya nga ayaw ko dumaan via Daet. Kasi last time I did the trip maganda pa yong daan via Tagkawayan.

Kaya kung may masusundan si Landlord na bus papuntang Naga City... ok nga iyon. Kung maiiwasan niyang sa gabi magdrive, mas ok.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    i can only give you a reminder to please, easy lang on the pedals and stick to defensive driving dahil alam naman ng halos lahat na madalas may disgrasya sa lugar na yan. leave earlier than schedule to avoid the rush. enjoy the ride. God bless your trip.

and oh, don't forget to stop once in a while to rest your back even if you're not driving.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Mga sir, juntzo, artpogi, praktikal, mabuhay kayo and thank you.
    I guess i'll take the shorter route that bypasses Daet, since we'll leave early morning naman.

Mga ilang hours kaya from Alabang to Naga via that Tagkawayan route?

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by landlord View Post
    Mga sir, juntzo, artpogi, praktikal, mabuhay kayo and thank you.
    I guess i'll take the shorter route that bypasses Daet, since we'll leave early morning naman.

Mga ilang hours kaya from Alabang to Naga via that Tagkawayan route?
    mga 7 to 8 hours depende na yan sa patakbo mo, pero kasama na dyan pahinga , coffee, lunch, dyingle. medyo maraming putol putol na daan sa andya highway kaya alalay lang maneho lalo na kung first timer kayo, madami rin bitak bitak na cemento at lubak. i just went home 2 weeks back from Pili. overall naman ok at passable ang daan lalo na simula sipocot all the way to naga - asphalt road walang lubak. have a nice trip.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    usually 8 hours kasama na pahinga ang travel time namin. dont forget to have bfast-lunch or dinner sa Gumaca, yung turo-turo dun na may pinakamaraming costumer na nakaharap sa dagat.
    pagdalawa kayong driver mag-usap kayo na tig 2hours each para hindi antukin. Pag nagdaet ka additional almost 50kms yun. Kung type mo mag drifting, dun ang pinaka perfect na lugar. Wide naman ang road. Mas gusto ko sa andaya high-way, shorter at di nakaka-inip. But huhusay ka sa pag-ilag ng bitak at lubak.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Best route to Naga