New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    I would still prefer the old road going to Tuguegarao, that is via Ilagan. You don't need to rush, just drive leisurely. Smell the fresh air na di mo maamoy dito sa manila. Road basically is smooth all the way to tuguegarao.
    Try to take your snack in ilagan, try mo Binallay. Then as you approach the town of Tumauini, visit the parish of St. Matthias. It's the only church in the entire Philippines with a cylindrical tower. From Tumauini, you're roughly about 51 kms. to Tuguegarao. By the way, Try also Pansit Cabagan, similar to pancit habhab. Mas masarap sya if eaten with vinegar on the side. That's in Cabagan town,actually its just along the highway, 20 kms after Tumauini.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Maraming salamat to all of you. I guess we'll be taking the longer route. We're not in a hurry and I like trying what the place is famous for. Yes, will try the pancit cabagan and the batil patong that I've been hearing about.
    Also would try the buko pie that we failed to try the last time because we had passed the store before we realized it. Best regards to all.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Good morning again Cagayanons! Just came from our Piat, Tuguegarao, Banaue, Manila trip.( cum food trip ) Thanks for all the infos which made our trip very pleasant

I just want to share some of our experiences.

1. We tried buko pie at G & B resto at Bo. Tuao, Bagabag. (it's 24hrs open, about half a kilometer on the right before the Banaue, Bagabag junction northbound.) The size of the pie is about 3/4 of that of Los Banos buko pie * P40. It's good, a bit sweet, taste like caramel (parang condense milk), medyo nakakasawa. One small siza would be good enough for dessert. They also serve pancit cabagan among other things.

2. Tried lomi at Breads and Bites, good merienda. Their pancit cabagan is topped with lechon.

3. Ate pancit at Aling Kikays in Cabagan,Isabela.( very good, lots of chicharon and sahog). Felicitas Resto is pwede na.

4. Cagayans pancit is the batil patong. Imagine arroz a la cubana, replace the rice with noodles with egg on top and lots of ground pork. The batil is beaten egg soup very similar to lomi.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by landlord View Post
    Good morning again Cagayanons! Just came from our Piat, Tuguegarao, Banaue, Manila trip.( cum food trip ) Thanks for all the infos which made our trip very pleasant

1. We tried buko pie at G & B resto at Bo. Tuao, Bagabag. (it's 24hrs open, about half a kilometer on the right before the Banaue, Bagabag junction northbound.) The size of the pie is about 3/4 of that of Los Banos buko pie * P40. It's good, a bit sweet, taste like caramel (parang condense milk), medyo nakakasawa. One small siza would be good enough for dessert. They also serve pancit cabagan among other things.

2. Tried lomi at Breads and Bites, good merienda. Their pancit cabagan is topped with lechon.

3. Ate pancit at Aling Kikays in Cabagan,Isabela.( very good, lots of chicharon and sahog). Felicitas Resto is pwede na.

4. Cagayans pancit is the batil patong. Imagine arroz a la cubana, replace the rice with noodles with egg on top and lots of ground pork. The batil is beaten egg soup very similar to lomi.
    Pics naman! Hindi ka ba nahirapan sa Diadi? o oblong na mags mo? hehehe

5. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by landlord View Post

I'm glad you enjoyed your trip.

We enjoyed our trip too last Christmas week. We spent our Christmas eve/day in Callao Cave Resort.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Naimbag nga aldaw kada kayo Cagayanons!

Syuruken: The portion in Diadi was like warped asphalt,but I was already
    aware,thanks to you,just had to slow down otherwise para kang me
    hawak na jackhammer. Delikado nga to sa mga kotse specially those
    low profile tires.

j avonni : We were so engrossed with the churches that we totally forgot
    the caves and other adventures. Di bale, babalik kami sa july, feast of
    the Lady of Piat.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    taga cabagan nga kofun

[SIZE=4]http://ybanag.freeforums.org[/SIZE]

8. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    I have Ybanag blood. My Dad is a full blooded Ybanag from Santiago. I hope I am welcome in your group. I am sorry but I can't talk the dialect but I can understand just a little bit. Tuguegarao is a nice place, I have been there once. Sarap ng pagkain at mababait ang mga tao.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    But right now, based on reports from weather bureau, Tuguegarao seems to be extremely hot, especially during summer time. I hope its ok now.

Kuruga mapatu kanu yari ta kakku lubbe mabbi.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    I just arrived this morning from Piat. It was the feast of Our Lady of Piat. It was really hot and there were devotees from all over. I saw lot of people encamped around town, there also men,women and children sleeping on the grounds around the church to attend the early morning mass. Was able to eat pancit batil patong again.

From Piat we headed to Gamu, Isabela. also the feast of Our Lady of Guibang. Terrible traffic jam because vendors set up stalls on both sides of the highway near the church. Nagkaron ng tiangge along the Cagayan highway. Grabe ang init sa loob ng church,parang walang ventilation tapos sama sama na yung amoy pawis and amoy araw ng mga tao.

Bought buko pie again in Bagabag,Nueva Vizcaya. Stopped at a nearby Petron Station where they sell other pies like banana (tasted like apple pie), pineapple and egg.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Anyone from Tuguegarao, Cagayan?