New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    I guess entertaining the idea of buying a vehicle priced over 2M would mean that fuel efficiency is the least of your concerns. The folks who buy such vehicles appreciate the finer and better things in life. They would want more refinement, more comfort, or more performance from vehicles of that price range.

However, a neighbor who has both the Lexus NX and Subaru XT has observed that his NX is more fuel efficient than his XT despite both vehicles having the same size and powerplant (2.0L turbo petrol).
    I agree, well said Sir. Re: the NX and XT, that's a surprise for me.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Nope, it will never happen locally. If it does, it might be crazy expensive that a CX9 will become as affordable and spending a bit more for an NX would be a wiser idea. Hahahahaha
    i think it will happen. rav4 will be 3rd best selling in 2019 in the us just behind the trucks from ford and Chevy. cx5 signature already came out in both us and au. Toyota will expand the rav4 range.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    I am torn between the Lexus UX200 standard model and the Honda CRV S. I don't really need 7 seats and don't like pickup based suv's. One thing I don't like about the standard model UX is that there are no fog lights. Any remedy for this?
    I would like to hear any opinion from this forum. Thanks.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Consider the Mazda CX-5 TOTL ... Huge discounts ... The Lexus UX is quite tight in the rear seats ...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by miko57 View Post
    I am torn between the Lexus UX200 standard model and the Honda CRV S. I don't really need 7 seats and don't like pickup based suv's. One thing I don't like about the standard model UX is that there are no fog lights. Any remedy for this?
    I would like to hear any opinion from this forum. Thanks.
    CRV S nalang.

May OEM foglight lalabas yan for UX for sure..

6. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Thanks for the opinion on the cx5 and crv s. My problem with the ux is really the price. Almost 2.5m and yet no foglights. Also it doesn't look like an suv when you actually see it but more of a hatchback. But it is a premium brand and gives you pride when you drive it. It is actually my wife who wants it. I had a Mazda 3 before and while it was a good car, it had a very low resale value. So i think the mazda brand is not for me anymore. I had the 2nd gen crv and the previous model jazz. Now i have a brv which my wife hates because she sees relatives, friends and business contacts with more expensive cars even if they are below our financial capacity. Yes we have another car, a bmw x3 with just 27k mileage in almost 8 years. So my wife wants to be seen either in a lexus or bmw. But me, i consider myself the practical type. That's why i insisted on the brv. Sabi ko pangharabas at di masakit kung magasgasan. My bmw has never been to a carwash. I personally wash it and still keep a mental record of its scratches no matter how small. She was telling me to buy a fortuner or montero. But after more than a year with the brv, i now agree with my wife. Buying a car is also a matter of pride. And the brv is not a car to be proud of. So now we plan to sell it. I actually test drove a nissan terra and i liked it despite a relatively heavy steering wheel. But it is too big for me and the interior is somewhat lacking compared to the honda crv s. But i have been reading about kalampag issues with the crv and i think these are true after my experience with 3 hondas. I had the previous fortuner, it was matagtag but not makalampag. So now, i want to buy a new car but don't really know which one to buy. That is my problem.
    Just sharing my thoughts and i will be grateful to anyone who also shares his opinion.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Discard the excess vehicles ... AND also the wife ... Sooner or later she will get you both mired in financial problems ... You married a shallow person ... In this case, it's happy wife, headache life ...

Subcompact vehicles like the Honda BR-V and City are subpar in quality compared to a Honda CR-V ...
    Last edited by Walter; March 23rd, 2019 at 05:39 PM.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Discard the excess vehicles ... AND also the wife ... Sooner or later she will get you both mired in financial problems ... You married a shallow person ... In this case, it's happy wife, headache life ...

Subcompact vehicles like the Honda BR-V and City are subpar in quality compared to a Honda CR-V ...
    It looks like he sees no issue in her e agree nga siya. Lol. I thought wives like that are just fictional characters, meron pala in real life She should be grateful for ANY vehicle you can provide and who cares what other people think. Wow.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Sorry. You got it both wrong. I mentioned many cars i had but only the x3 and brv are left. Also, about my wife, she is not really an arrogant person. And i am not really practical, just kuripot. What my wife wants is that we enjoy whatever we earn because we can't take it with us. My wife is kind and generous. And she contributed more to our finances. Without her, i guess i would be driving a vios.
    No offense taken but would really appreciate opinion about cars only.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    It looks like he sees no issue in her e agree nga siya. Lol. I thought wives like that are just fictional characters, meron pala in real life She should be grateful for ANY vehicle you can provide and who cares what other people think. Wow.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

dami ganyan in real life

like it or not, a car is a status symbol

wala tayo magagawa people really judge you by your motor vehicle

there's pressure to keep up appearances

bakit madami naka SUV ngayon?

coz that's how you get any respect these days... from other motorists, security guards etc

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast