New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by JJJ0922 View Post
    Thanks, Sir.

Let me look that up.
    inquire also if mazdaph will adopt yojin5... at the moments its yojin3 years..

2. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    man that thing is huge.. i cant see myself driving that behemoth. I almost dropped by mazda today. decided not to... lol i haz to be patient for the rav4
    Hahaha yeah, CX-9 is huge, i haven't been in one but nakapasok na ako sa CX-8, but whose complaining, I have a fortuner. Pero ganda ng interior ng CX-8.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    For that amount of money, a CX9 is worth it unless you really don't want a sleek 7-seater SUV. The UX is even smaller than the NX.

For something like less than 3M, the best Lexus to own is the IS350.
    Yeah, the IS350 is really pretty but already a bit beyond my budget. :

But thanks for the inputs.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by TheUninvited View Post
    I think valid question naman yan tbh, kase ako dream ko magka Lexus kahit yung UX lang diba.

So if pasok naman sa budget yung PMS, why not diba? (assuming you can afford the ammortization..)
    Thanks Sir for the feedback.

UX lang talaga ang Lexus model na medyo malapit price sa other models (na I think high-end din) like CX-9, RaV4 LTD, kaya medyo napaisip ako bigla. Kase dream ko din yan Sir e.

Yung PMS nya is okay naman at 18k/25K pero once a year lang. Yung iba kase like Chevy Trailblazer, inaabot ako ng almost 18K every 6months so in total mas mahal pa sya kase twice a year ang PMS.

Dyan ako nadale kase hindi ako nag research about PMS cost ng Chevy TrailBlazer. And mahal din spare parts nya ha. So if same lang pala maintenance cost sana di na ako nag TB, diretso UX na hehe

5. Join Date
    Mar 2019
    man that thing is huge.. i cant see myself driving that behemoth. I almost dropped by mazda today. decided not to... lol i haz to be patient for the rav4
    Yeah it is really huge. Been salivating for the CX-9 because it is really pretty Sir., The problem with it is its fuel efficiency (gas only). With a bit of traffic daw, it goes down to 5.5Km/Liter mainly because of its huge engine to accommodate its size. Worse than the Ford Explorer...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by JJJ0922 View Post
    Yeah it is really huge. Been salivating for the CX-9 because it is really pretty Sir., The problem with it is its fuel efficiency (gas only). With a bit of traffic daw, it goes down to 5.5Km/Liter mainly because of its huge engine to accommodate its size. Worse than the Ford Explorer...
    I guess entertaining the idea of buying a vehicle priced over 2M would mean that fuel efficiency is the least of your concerns. The folks who buy such vehicles appreciate the finer and better things in life. They would want more refinement, more comfort, or more performance from vehicles of that price range.

However, a neighbor who has both the Lexus NX and Subaru XT has observed that his NX is more fuel efficient than his XT despite both vehicles having the same size and powerplant (2.0L turbo petrol).

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    However, a neighbor who has both the Lexus NX and Subaru XT has observed that his NX is more fuel efficient than his XT despite both vehicles having the same size and powerplant (2.0L turbo petrol).
    toyota has a better engine and cvt. no surprise there.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    toyota has a better engine and cvt. no surprise there.
    The NX comes with an 8-speed AT tranny and not a CVT. Too bad they don't offer the same combo on Toyota models. Toyota buyers will have to deal with the lower spec, more boring options.

That neighbor also has an IS350. He tells me that the NX offers a good amount of torque down low compared to the IS350. Well, turbocharging does have its merits and availability of peak torque at lower rpms is one of the them.
    Last edited by Egan101; March 12th, 2019 at 02:14 PM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    The NX comes with an 8-speed AT tranny and not a CVT. Too bad they don't offer the same combo on Toyota models. Toyota buyers will have to deal with the lower spec, more boring options.

That neighbor also has an IS350. He tells me that the NX offers a good amount of torque down low compared to the IS350. Well, turbocharging does have its merits and availability of peak torque at lower rpms is one of the them.
    i wonder if the rav4 will ever get than 2.0T

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    i wonder if the rav4 will ever get than 2.0T
    Nope, it will never happen locally. If it does, it might be crazy expensive that a CX9 will become as affordable and spending a bit more for an NX would be a wiser idea. Hahahahaha

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast