New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I'm sure they'll perform well. Looks kinda small though (parang pickup na malaki or HUMVEE instead of 6x6) and old schoolish. Maging 'in' din kaya ito gaya ng hummer?

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    tama yan, atleast they probably got this cheaper than getting similarly spec'd vehicles from the US or Europe.

As for pinoys designing their own, I dont think it is feasible since our only customer would be the Philippine Military. I doubt other countries would buy from us, and if ever some country would, it would probably just be an insignificant number. So it would just be a waste of money to invest in this. I remember watching a docu a few years back about our army developing short range missiles during the marcos era, i just wasnt sure if it was successful.

We have the talent, yes, but is there a need for us to produce this things? I think the answer is no.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I saw one of those running around here, with another military vehicle...

Its based on the old Jeep Military M-715 Series trucks...

First time I saw it, I told my brother, that looks like an old Jeep truck in mint condition... but the grill looked different. So the one I saw last week was just a Kia clone after all.
    Last edited by AG4; December 25th, 2007 at 04:02 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
New Kia military trucks from Korea