New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    concerning po sa pag papalit ng gulong, eto po baka makatulong;

Why is this important?

Matching the combined wheel and tyre diameter is important as it will ensure your ride height and speedometer readings don’t change drastically. An example of this would be fitting 17″ wheels to a car that has 14″ wheels as standard, there are three main consequences:
    1. the ride height will change, the car will be further from the ground.
    2. the top speed will increase slightly and the speedometer will under read.
    3. the car will acceleration slower.
    Read on to see the reason for this in detail.
    Tyre Size Guide

Ride Height

Take the default example in the flash tyre size calculator above, here we have a stock tyre size of 165/55R14 and a new tyre size of 215/45R17. There is a total difference of 8.82cm in the two wheel and tyre diameters, if we divide this by two we get a difference in radius of 4.41cm. If we ignore tyre pressures and the effects of adding larger, wider wheels to suspension geometry; then this is roughly how much higher the car will be from the ground.

Speedometer

Then there’s the speedometer, a cars speed reading is usually taken from the transmission and is set based on a number of predefined constants. When you change your wheel and tyre combination you are taking one of these constants and making it variable. The speedometer does not know the new value and so continues to read based on the original wheel & tyre size. If you look at the above default example again you will see that with a 215/45R17 wheel and tyre combination there is a difference of 16.4% in the speedometer reading over the stock setup. As you can see, at 60mph your speedometer should actually be reading 69.9mph!

Acceleration

If we fall back to the default example again, the 215/45R17 wheel and tyre combination has a larger overall diameter by 8.82cm. A larger diameter has a greater rotational inertia which requires more energy to accelerate. Or in other words: the bigger the wheel, the slower the acceleration.
    It should be noted that putting a bigger wheel and tyre combination on your car does not reduce your cars power. Your cars power remains the same; however it takes more force to turn your car’s wheels resulting in slower acceleration.

paki check na lang po sa link na ito: http://www.kouki.co.uk/utilities/vis...ize-calculator

sana po makatulong.

more power to 1st gen. kia sportage owners!!!!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Elo. ma walang galang na sa inyo, have just join this forum. Im from ilo2 and currently owning a kia sportage 97 2.0 gasoline short body.
    We bought it in manila last 2005 pa, and from then on, we have a lots of problem, overheating, tie rod end replacement, engine sensor, hard starting, power windows not perfectly working, have change alternator etc.. last july 2010 i have it top overhaul, fuel comsumption nya is 1Li/7Km. considering the price of gas now, na pupunta lang yung budget namin sa pag maintain ng sportage.

Until last september, na overheat sya ulit for the reason me leak yung radiator nya, after that I decided to junk it in our garage. This month I decided to convert it using mazda R2 2.2 diesel engine and this saturday darating na ang engine nya. We bought the engine sa blumentrit through my cousin.

I try to post dito ang progress ng conversion nya. so hopefully ma prove ko yung mga na ki claim dito na ma kaka abot ito ng 1lit/16km ang fuel efficiency ng diesel na sportage. given that soon my kia sportage is converted into diesel engine. PEACE

3. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    sige bro, goodluck na lang...sayang naman yang Sportage mo kung ijunk mo lang....

4. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Good day mga kapatid, ito na yung sportage ko.. kinukuha na yung orginal na gasoline engine at ang mga picture ng mazda r2 diesel engine na ipapalit ko

MAZDA R2 Engine

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Good day everyone, these are some of the many issues regarding the conversion. First is the tranny: The Mazda R2 transmission is shorter than the original.

Heres the new tranny..

Heres the Original Tranny..

And here where the original tranny is longer than the new one...

Aside from the length issue of the transmission, there are some noticeable differences.

So the propeller shaft will spend a day or more in the machine shop. The length of the rear will be increase and the front (4wd) will be decreased.

I'll try to update on the progress of its conversion and hopefully I am in the right thread..

6. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Mga Bossing,

I'm from batangas!We're planning to buy a sportage!question lang po ok ba bumili sa CDO or cebu ng sportage surplus, reasonable kasi ang prize nya!Ano po mga dapat i check na documents para safe i byahe ng manila!

thanks,

7. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jon2tan View Post
    Mga Bossing,

I'm from batangas!We're planning to buy a sportage!question lang po ok ba bumili sa CDO or cebu ng sportage surplus, reasonable kasi ang prize nya!Ano po mga dapat i check na documents para safe i byahe ng manila!

thanks,
    Cebu is cheaper than CDO. Sa CDO, galing din sa Cebu ang mga units nila. But mostly they are "as is" basis. Although meron din ni repaint yung iba. Just look for leaks around the engine at siempre kung mausok ba sya. Karamihan ng mga ito ay hindi na change oil mula pa sa korea, kasi as is nga. Sa papeles tingnan mo lang kung kumpleto, pero sa pagkakaalam ko, rehistrado na ang mga ito.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    to continue the story of my kia sportage 1st gen conversion (my apologies for not updating my previous post immediately) here are some of the pictures during the course of work..

medyo ma busisi yung pag install ng tranny, to make it adapt, they have to tear the floor a little bit as shown in the first picture. Then the front wheel drive is obstruct by the front seat floor, then they have to modify that area to make way for the front wheel propeller shaft.

the steering wheel shaft was also block by the aircon compressor. By the way the new engine mount perfectly.

Now what they did is also open that area to make way for the steering wheel shaft.

Then besides the front wheel on the driver's side they had some modification also for the steering wheel shaft.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    then finally they have installed the tranny, but the 4wd stick and the tranny stick was reversed, somehow they manage to install in a way to preserved the form. But of course the front seat floor now is a little bit bulky as mention in the previous post.

Some of the pictures in the last stage of conversion.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Recently we bought 11 plates motolite gold, the previous battery with is only 9 plates cannot be used with the new engine.

Hopefully this week we will be able to have a drive test but this morning, they have able to start the engine and it sounded ok. The air intake was not yet installed but I believed it will be install easily. Another thing is that, the air condition needs to be lined anew since the new compressor is located in the drivers side. The cost of the job is not included in the conversion.

They started that work since the last week of January 2011, the conversion takes a little longer and hopefully (even its raining here in Iloilo), it will be done before this month (march) will end.

PS: The registration might be expensive because of the new engine.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
Kia Sportage (1st gen)