New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines



Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 37
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,652
    #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Dockie20 View Post
    Would you prefer a Grandia Elite?
    Grandia elite competes with the starex... the carnival is too big in a fwd setup..
    And that price again.. almost 3mil

  2. Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    920
    #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Dockie20 View Post
    Planning to buy either the LX 11 seater or EX 11 seater. Ano kaya effect ng COVID sa prices ng mga sasakyan? Magmumura kaya or mas mamahal? Balita ko may lalabas na bagong 2021 model nitong 3rd quarter ng 2020. Antayin kong lumabas yung bago para makakuha ng malaking discount sa lumang model.
    221 Kia Carnival Spotted Testing Overseas. Comes With A New Interior And Dashboard - ZigWheels
    Maganda talaga for me ang carnival as a family hauler, for kids and senior na kasama mo.
    Pero yang 11 seater naman nila joke na 4th row, unless gusto mo putulan ng mga paa pasahero mo.
    Sana binenta nila base trim na wala yung 4th row na yun, 8 to 9 seater (9 kung mapapayat or bata yung sa bench) kung gawin nila bench yung 3rd row, mapababa nila sa mas practical price siguru yun.

    Hindi ko maintindihan kasi strategy ng ayala sa kia ph. Bakit ba pinipilit 11 seater e wala naman ata target market na school bus o uv express ang carnival. Wala naman na din tax exemption for more than x seats so wala talagang point except numbers on paper lang sa capacity.

  3. Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    3,575
    #13
    Gusto ko din to kia carnival.. pero sobrang mahal na.. a few thousand pesos and you can get grandia elite..
    almost 3m yung sa SG Elite TOTL... medyo malayo sa Kia kahit yung Grand Carnival na may price tag na around 2.4m. you might be referring to the SG Fabric or leather with a price tag of around 2.5m/2.6m.

  4. Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    33
    #14
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Maganda talaga for me ang carnival as a family hauler, for kids and senior na kasama mo.
    Pero yang 11 seater naman nila joke na 4th row, unless gusto mo putulan ng mga paa pasahero mo.
    Sana binenta nila base trim na wala yung 4th row na yun, 8 to 9 seater (9 kung mapapayat or bata yung sa bench) kung gawin nila bench yung 3rd row, mapababa nila sa mas practical price siguru yun.

    Hindi ko maintindihan kasi strategy ng ayala sa kia ph. Bakit ba pinipilit 11 seater e wala naman ata target market na school bus o uv express ang carnival. Wala naman na din tax exemption for more than x seats so wala talagang point except numbers on paper lang sa capacity.
    Saw the review na halos wala na ngang space yung 4th row. hahaha. Ang kagandahan lang yung its folds flat so most likely for bagahe na lang sya pero it's nice to know na may option for 11 seats kung kinakailangan (wala nga lang angalan sa leg room.

    Do you own one? Sirain ba? Wala pa kasi akong experience with Kia. Toyota since birth. Hahaha.

  5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,583
    #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Dockie20 View Post
    No headreast? Parang meron naman... arm rest ata ang wala.. Yung pricing bumaba na from before but yeah mahal pa din... Pero kung iisipin mo yung mga comparable vehicles in its class e around 2M din or more.. (Hi Ace; Starex; Odyssey)

    Anong nabili mo sa Kia? Anong branch? Ok ba aftersales service nila? Toyota Avanza previous car ko pero willing to take a leap.. I want a car-like vehicle na can carry at least 8 passengers comfortably lalo na almost monthly uuwi kami ng bicol... more than 12 hours din yun one way...
    Bought a sorento. Serviced it sa Kia Tramo, sadly, nissan na sya now.
    Easy to repair naman, maraming parts sa Good Gear pasay and another store in Banawe.
    Fb message then grab delivery lang.

    My friends have the Carnival, so far ok naman.

    Regarding the center seats in the rear rows, I might be wrong but the 11 seater I saw has no head rest.
    Like this in the video. May back rest, pero walang head rest.

    KIA Grand Carnival 219 Pakistan 11 Seater Minivan Interior & Exterior - YouTube

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by istan; April 14th, 2020 at 01:47 AM.

  6. Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    920
    #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Dockie20 View Post
    Saw the review na halos wala na ngang space yung 4th row. hahaha. Ang kagandahan lang yung its folds flat so most likely for bagahe na lang sya pero it's nice to know na may option for 11 seats kung kinakailangan (wala nga lang angalan sa leg room.

    Do you own one? Sirain ba? Wala pa kasi akong experience with Kia. Toyota since birth. Hahaha.
    Uncle owned the first gen kia carens launched here back in 2009 to 2011 if memory serves me right. He owned it for 5 years before selling it. It was serviced by kia erod. Start was a breeze to own but kia erod always didnt have parts to fix things which was a pain as that car was really wonderful for a small family. I had driven the carens and the vgt montero doesnt hold a candle when it comes to power delivery. Shame on the maintenance front for that car but when it worked, two thumbs up for that car.

    A friend of mine owned 3 generations of the carnival, always replacing the carnival with the next gen. They also have it serviced at kia erod. They have backup cars though so they can handle some down time. They still use their carnival til now.

    For them, always similar issues, suspension failing within 2 years, turbo not lasting 3 years before having issues.

    I still love the carnival and just passing the time if after sales can improve along with a more practical base model being launched.

    Hopefully, ayala can fix it. Am not one to pursue mich on parts outside dealer for a car less than 5 years old.

  7. Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    33
    #17
    Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post
    Bought a sorento. Serviced it sa Kia Tramo, sadly, nissan na sya now.
    Easy to repair naman, maraming parts sa Good Gear pasay and another store in Banawe.
    Fb message then grab delivery lang.

    My friends have the Carnival, so far ok naman.

    Regarding the center seats in the rear rows, I might be wrong but the 11 seater I saw has no head rest.
    Like this in the video. May back rest, pero walang head rest.

    KIA Grand Carnival 219 Pakistan 11 Seater Minivan Interior & Exterior - YouTube

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
    Appreciate the response saka tip regarding Good Gear pasay. Parang Carnival na talaga ang kukunin ko... Just waiting for the right timing after the quarantine.. May lalabas daw kasing new model this 3rd quarter. Either I get that para updated na or settle for the older (but highly discounted) model

  8. Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    33
    #18
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Uncle owned the first gen kia carens launched here back in 2009 to 2011 if memory serves me right. He owned it for 5 years before selling it. It was serviced by kia erod. Start was a breeze to own but kia erod always didnt have parts to fix things which was a pain as that car was really wonderful for a small family. I had driven the carens and the vgt montero doesnt hold a candle when it comes to power delivery. Shame on the maintenance front for that car but when it worked, two thumbs up for that car.

    A friend of mine owned 3 generations of the carnival, always replacing the carnival with the next gen. They also have it serviced at kia erod. They have backup cars though so they can handle some down time. They still use their carnival til now.

    For them, always similar issues, suspension failing within 2 years, turbo not lasting 3 years before having issues.

    I still love the carnival and just passing the time if after sales can improve along with a more practical base model being launched.

    Hopefully, ayala can fix it. Am not one to pursue mich on parts outside dealer for a car less than 5 years old.
    I highly appreciate the input. Maraming salamat po.

  9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,583
    #19
    If u can spring for a Totl Carnival, maybe for a bit more get the KDM version. More toys.

    Pitstop Motors or Hancars, both near Quezon Ave. Maybe check their fb posts from time to time.

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

  10. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,652
    #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Dockie20 View Post
    I highly appreciate the input. Maraming salamat po.
    Iba na tibay ng hyundai kia ngayon.. at par na with japanese brand.. also having shops like goodgear is a plus.. owned the kia carens it performed very well.. no problems.. just the regular wear and tear..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Kia Sedona 2.2 Diesel - Is this best minivan? Is it better than Honda Odyssey and Toyota Sienna?