New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Had some 1st hand interstate saddle time in a petrol 8seater Sedona not long ago. Almost 8k of blessed & trouble-free miles in 3weeks or so....was the lone driver, as always.Kia Sedona 2.2 Diesel - Is this best minivan? Is it better than Honda Odyssey and Toyota Sienna?
    Good rear luggage space. Served the people hauling chores well. Loaded 6-8pax most of that trip + packed luggage. Consistently 20mpg highway.
    Would I get a luxury variant if I wanted 1? No. Was the drive fun? Yes, more from the company & the route than the appliance itself. The expected driver & passenger comfort it did give though. Do I miss it? Not really. Reliability? Took that rental w/ 24k+ mi, returned w/ 32k on the clock...too soon to conclude for 1 that saw good roads, but it gave no tantrums. Was I grateful? Of course!Kia Sedona 2.2 Diesel - Is this best minivan? Is it better than Honda Odyssey and Toyota Sienna?Kia Sedona 2.2 Diesel - Is this best minivan? Is it better than Honda Odyssey and Toyota Sienna?
    If one's looking for a people hauler that will be owner driven, the base Sedona should be in the mix. I won't go 11seater on this, if there is such an option. Maintenance & support? I have no experience w/ koreans locally. I hope they're good......Otherwise, to avoid regrets...there are always those proven Toyotas...the Innova, HiAce....or the Alphard.Kia Sedona 2.2 Diesel - Is this best minivan? Is it better than Honda Odyssey and Toyota Sienna?

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    Had some 1st hand interstate saddle time in a petrol 8seater Sedona not long ago. Almost 8k of blessed & trouble-free miles in 3weeks or so....was the lone driver, as always.Kia Sedona 2.2 Diesel - Is this best minivan? Is it better than Honda Odyssey and Toyota Sienna?
    Good rear luggage space. Served the people hauling chores well. Loaded 6-8pax most of that trip + packed luggage. Consistently 20mpg highway.
    Would I get a luxury variant if I wanted 1? No. Was the drive fun? Yes, more from the company & the route than the appliance itself. The expected driver & passenger comfort it did give though. Do I miss it? Not really. Reliability? Took that rental w/ 24k+ mi, returned w/ 32k on the clock...too soon to conclude for 1 that saw good roads, but it gave no tantrums. Was I grateful? Of course!Kia Sedona 2.2 Diesel - Is this best minivan? Is it better than Honda Odyssey and Toyota Sienna?Kia Sedona 2.2 Diesel - Is this best minivan? Is it better than Honda Odyssey and Toyota Sienna?
    If one's looking for a people hauler that will be owner driven, the base Sedona should be in the mix. I won't go 11seater on this, if there is such an option. Maintenance & support? I have no experience w/ koreans locally. I hope they're good......Otherwise, to avoid regrets...there are always those proven Toyotas...the Innova, HiAce....or the Alphard.Kia Sedona 2.2 Diesel - Is this best minivan? Is it better than Honda Odyssey and Toyota Sienna?

I can't wait to make my own memories with this car.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post
    If u can spring for a Totl Carnival, maybe for a bit more get the KDM version. More toys.

Pitstop Motors or Hancars, both near Quezon Ave. Maybe check their fb posts from time to time.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
    Ganda ng mga modifications pero lagpas lagpas na sa budget.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dockie20 View Post
    That generation of kia carnival is more robust and the 2.2 liter engine is also used in sta fe and sorento...already proven reliable! I think the grey market carnival have the 8 speed auto while the local is only 6 speed.. not sure.. check with dealers..

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    You might wanna rethink & factor the permanent new normal in. Carpooling may be a thing of the past.Kia Sedona 2.2 Diesel - Is this best minivan? Is it better than Honda Odyssey and Toyota Sienna?
    Might as well spend that moolah saved on a fun 2seater instead? No alibis needed to deny hitchers?Kia Sedona 2.2 Diesel - Is this best minivan? Is it better than Honda Odyssey and Toyota Sienna?Kia Sedona 2.2 Diesel - Is this best minivan? Is it better than Honda Odyssey and Toyota Sienna?

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Miata? Lol!

7. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by istan View Post
    Miata? Lol!

This time, a bike might even be safer. Bikers are rejoicing.Kia Sedona 2.2 Diesel - Is this best minivan? Is it better than Honda Odyssey and Toyota Sienna?

8. Join Date
    Apr 2020
    You might wanna rethink & factor the permanent new normal in. Carpooling may be a thing of the past.Kia Sedona 2.2 Diesel - Is this best minivan? Is it better than Honda Odyssey and Toyota Sienna?
    Might as well spend that moolah saved on a fun 2seater instead? No alibis needed to deny hitchers?Kia Sedona 2.2 Diesel - Is this best minivan? Is it better than Honda Odyssey and Toyota Sienna?Kia Sedona 2.2 Diesel - Is this best minivan? Is it better than Honda Odyssey and Toyota Sienna?

Noooooo. Hahaha. We dive into the post-apocalyptic world together! - with masks and alcogels in tow of course.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Noooooo. Hahaha. We dive into the post-apocalyptic world together! - with masks and alcogels in tow of course.
    Hehe....missing those roadtrips a lot.Kia Sedona 2.2 Diesel - Is this best minivan? Is it better than Honda Odyssey and Toyota Sienna?

10. Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Hehe....missing those roadtrips a lot.Kia Sedona 2.2 Diesel - Is this best minivan? Is it better than Honda Odyssey and Toyota Sienna?

Agree.. Kahit new normal pa. Go go go pa din. Hopefully pag may COVID vaccine na may pambili na din ako ng Carnival. hahaha.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Kia Sedona 2.2 Diesel - Is this best minivan? Is it better than Honda Odyssey and Toyota Sienna?