New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    ^ i would like to believe the driver must have stepped on the brakes during his/her ordeeal. pero bakit kaya ayaw tumigil?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    bobo lang talaga mga kano. at sobrang oa. dikitan mo lang nga mga yan sa freeway nagfre-freak out na e.

o pwede din, baka nga sinadya pa yun e, looking for a lawsuit. emotional trauma, etc etc, millions bucks settlement agad.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Would you rather crash into something?
    hehehe, sabagay

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Shifting to neutral eliminates all engine braking.

Just shift to the lowest gear possible via manual override, then step on the brakes while maintaining a firm hold on the steering wheel.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    EDIT: Pero stuck pala yung accelerator. Hmmm. Ilagay na nga lang sa N. Tapos tapakan ng tapakan yung brakes.
    Last edited by renzo_d10; August 25th, 2012 at 08:00 PM.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post

Err...what's the use of engine braking with a stuck accelerator? Putting the car on neutral would still allow the brakes work and can be slowly applied. I'm sure the ABS will help in slowing it down. Why complicate things and prolonging it by shifting gears? This is a 2010 KIA Sorento afterall with all the modern bells and whistles.
    Last edited by Monseratto; August 25th, 2012 at 08:02 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post

Just shift to the lowest gear possible via manual override, then step on the brakes while maintaining a firm hold on the steering wheel.
    If the throttle is wide open, you will most definitely cannot get any help from engine brake. Shifting to neutral is the best option.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOMYjiCiTYg]How to Stop Sudden Unintended Acceleration - YouTube[/ame]

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I apologize, I completely missed the stuck accelerator part. Nasa title pa nga eh o. Akala ko nawalan lang ng control and needed to make a complete stop.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    I watched the video again. Notice that the rear brake light of the sorento is not illuminating. It only lit up when the car already stopped. Well, apparently she is not stepping on the brake. I have a good guess as to where the driver's foot is stepping on.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by spotdog11 View Post
    I watched the video again. Notice that the rear brake light of the sorento is not illuminating. It only lit up when the car already stopped. Well, apparently she is not stepping on the brake. I have a good guess as to where the driver's foot is stepping on.
    nag panick? o baka nga arte lang, gusto maka jackpot sa lawsuit?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Kia says stuck accelerator an isolated incident