New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    comments naman. sarap ba idrive? how's the build quality? spare parts?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    badkuk,

I own a Kia Rio RS 2001 and I find it easy to drive and steady naman siya. Lagi ko tong biyahe sa North (Kalinga and Baguio) every now and then at ni minsan eh hindi pa naman tumitirik.

Katunayan nasa 115K na yung kotse ko at matatag pa naman din hanggang ngayon. Siyempre, dahil medyo gamit na gamit na, pag 120KPH na siya sa expressway eh nararamdaman mo na medyo nanginginig na yung body which is normal sa mga compact cars...

Dati sabi ko ayaw ko sa Kia kasi sa masamang history ng Pride pero mukhang quality car naman na yung Rio kung ako ang tatanungin. Malakas pa din naman yung hatak ng kotse at kaya pa din makipag karera sa highway pag gugustuhin. Basta maganda naman siguro maintenance katulad ng kotse ko na religiously nasa casa sa araw ng PM or maintenance eh ok pa din.

Ang isang bentahe ng Kia pa eh mas mura yung parts niya at available naman sa casa lagi. medyo mahal lang na experience ko eh headlight kaya naghahanap din ako nito sa labas.

overall, very satisfied ako sa naging performance ng Kia Rio ko so far. walang problema sa hatak (i tried 6 people going up to Baguio) at stability ng body niya. of course, medyo walang pogi points kasi nga sa naging image ng Kia noon pero i recommend this car based on experience...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    There are driving impressions in the Kia vs. xxx thread in the Comparisons forum, I think.

Driving impression? The clutch is feather light. Something I'm not used to but it makes driving easier. The shifter does feel rubbery but I can live with it. Ride is comfy enough even on bad roads. No chance to try out handling but I'm guessing the Korean tires are biased more towards comfort than flat-out performance. Power is decent from the 1.4liter mill (shared with the Getz, makes around 94bhp). There is a reverse lock out ring for reverse just like on those European cars.

The Sony Xplod sound sytem sounds better than most tinny OEM units. The a/c blows cold and has complete functions including vent selection and a cabin heater (yung sa brand 'T' kahit ata vent selectors wala).

Consumables and maintenance items are pretty inexpensive. Kia has good third party product support and parts are available outside of the dealership. The most expensive parts tend to be crash and body parts (including lamps and trim).

There's also not much of a Kia aftermarket (no Mazdaspeed, no TRD, no Nismo) but if you are just going to keep it stock, its a nice car.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    If we're talking the current Kia Rio, we did have a chance to thrash it for a while, like OTEP said, drive impressions are here:

Kia Rio Versus Toyota Vios

What OTEP says is true.

Yes, the tires are crappy, but most manufacturers in that price range leave horrid tires on their cars anyway (check out the Vios and the City). They give in to understeer very easily, but conservatively driven, there's no big issue with them, and they provide more than adequate braking grip.

The suspension warrants no complaints in terms of ride quality, but the rear shocks are very lightweight, and they tend to be bouncy in cornering... again, no worse than the City.

Power is surprisingly good, and the engine note is actually kind of nice. A pretty decent little car. The only big issue I have is with the quality of the interior plastics. They look great, but they're hard. Still, that's a minor thing.

Interior space is comparable to the Honda City, and much better than the Vios, but the trunk is kind of small. I prefer the sedan to the hatch, as the hatch only comes in AT, which makes the car kind of sluggish.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    any new feedbacks from 2007 Kia Rio owners?handling, FC,etc?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Okay ang Rio..

7. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    talaga 28K lang? on in? magkano naman ang monthly and for how long? Kasi I nid A/T sana... I am interested in low cash out brand new car A/T 0929-6464444

8. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    baka you have interior pics of the rio?

9. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    We have a kia Rio 2007 A/T currently at around 85k. It's a very reliable car, been able to run it at 140kph in star toll. The backseat is a bit cramp for a full size male adult. But over all not a bad car, even at stock.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    What about the maintenance? Balita ko ang mamahal ng piyesa ng Kia? Please compare it to Toyota to get a better picture.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Kia Rio feedback