I recently had my Sorento's audio upgraded care of Jedi's Tsikotshop. This thread will show details of the step by step process of the install. I availed of Jedi's Firland Audio Package since I wanted clear sound quality even at high volumes with a moderate amount of bass for the occasional boom boom moods. My budget for the whole install is 50K. For that budget level, I was able to get what I wanted with the Firland Audio package.

My Sorento is the 5-seater variant hence I have a huge space under my trunk where the 3rd row should be. This space opened up the possibility for me to have a good "show quality" install without compromising trunk space.

My requirements:
- Must still have usable trunk space that can fit two golf bags or a full size maleta
- Must have crisp, clean sound quality even at high volume levels.
- Must have good, punchy bass.
- Must be designed to impress.

The whole process took a total of 3 days to complete. The first day, I went to the shop to discuss my preferences and to have the initial measurements taken. In this meeting, jedi and I decided to go for the following components:

EV-612 Component Speakers
EV-602 Coaxial Speakers
XA 480 4channel amplifier
FA1200watt monoamp
1280 600 watt subwoofer
Sound deadening for all 4 doors
Firland Audio Pure copper wiring kit

On the 2nd day, Jon aka tsikotshop started building my sub enclosure. The speakers were also ordered as well

As you can see, my trunk has a good amount of 3rd row space.

The sub enclosure was designed to be a 2-step box to be able to accomodate the amp rack

Testing for depth of the amp if the cover will be fully flat... It is.

Next post, Day 3 and the actual install...