New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    hello,

i am going to buy my first car on the 27th and i'm pretty torn between two choices, a kia picanto (which ill get from kia ortigas) or a toyota vios 1.3e a/t (which ill get from toyota pasig for 720k). both of them are already approved by respective banks it all boils down to what i will end up paying for really.

i already used a late 2010 vios for a good 1 month and i dont have problems about the handling or the fuel economy it just had a weird fanbelt like (that is not really the fanbelts making the noise as per rapide) sound at 25000+ kms that got louder and louder until i had to return it, figured its one of those cars where the owner doesnt take very good care of the car so i was pretty sold with it. but man when i saw one of those picantos in the flesh, i was in a trance. plus when i got to see it face to face i fell in love with how goodlooking it was. and it has an ipod ready sound system too compared to the stock sound set up of the vios.

i just want to get your take on my two choices on what to get. i've been reading all these articles about the two cars and might i say, i'm getting more and more confused as to which dealer to visit on the 27th. hope some of you guys can help me decide.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    all power na ba yung picanto na yan?? yan na yung tiger look di ba?? kung yun ang gusto mo then go for it.. kasi mahirap pag bumili ka ng ibang brand tapos love mo pa din yung picanto..pero astig yung bagong labas ngayon maganda at maluwag

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    with that budget ( 600-720K ) , the accent is better than those 2. the picanto too small while the vios is just outdated in the looks department.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Picanto 5 years ago is worth 320k only.... Ever wondered why it doubled? OVERPRICING. Haggle and dont buy it at face value.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    yep nabasa ko nga na the picanto used to sell for 320k. kia defended themselves to me by telling me they shifted to making europe standard cars and with the features of the new picanto i'd say it might just be worth it. that coming from someone who doesnt know anything about cars. LOL

there's something about the new accent that looks off to me eh kaya it was knocked off the list.

i'm gearing more towards the picanto right now, but im thinking the vios might bring me less problems in the long run. less than 10 days into the purchase date and i havent made up my mind yet

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Is the problem on vios aircon design solve already? If not i wonder it will not bring you problem even in short run.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by iamconfused View Post
    yep nabasa ko nga na the picanto used to sell for 320k. kia defended themselves to me by telling me they shifted to making europe standard cars and with the features of the new picanto i'd say it might just be worth it. that coming from someone who doesnt know anything about cars. LOL

there's something about the new accent that looks off to me eh kaya it was knocked off the list.

i'm gearing more towards the picanto right now, but im thinking the vios might bring me less problems in the long run. less than 10 days into the purchase date and i havent made up my mind yet
    Europe standard? Kia remove the ABS, Airbag, projector HL etc and still price at 599K for the 1.0 3 cylinder AT.... better check out Mazda 2 or Honda City for better comparison.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    di po ba maganda ang quality ni picanto?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by iamconfused View Post
    di po ba maganda ang quality ni picanto?
    Mas ok na quality ng Kia ngayon, lalo na sa bago sportage/sorento, kasi share technology ng hyundai, in demand worldwide. kaso eto 1.0 3 cylinder engine parang hindi pa tested/proven.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    that's what i thought also. but when i got the chance to get behind the wheel and drove it around tiendesitas i didnt get the feeling that the engines not robust enough. but again, i dont know if driving it around like i drive the vios and not notice the difference (except of course that i can hook my ipod up without getting the modulator things) is enough to seal the deal.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
BNEW kia picanto AT lemongrass * 599k a good buy?