New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 12 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Don't bother going to Kia Taguig. Just passed by and the dealership closed down already since March of last year as per signage on the building.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    I looked for an AWD GT Line for nearly a year and none of the SA's I spoke to from ALL (I do mean all) the dealerships in NCR, Metro Cebu, Davao, Laguna, Cavite, Batangas, Bulacan, and Pampanga could find me one.

I even spoke to a couple of friends who were in the auto industry to help me out and they came up blank too. If these unicorns start to appear all of a sudden, then you can tell how f'd up CACC's inventory management is.

3. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Mecs View Post
    Don't bother going to Kia Taguig. Just passed by and the dealership closed down already since March of last year as per signage on the building.
    Thanks for the heads up Doc. Incidentally, what variant will you be getting and how much was the reservation fee they asked from you?

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbl Kint View Post
    I looked for an AWD GT Line for nearly a year and none of the SA's I spoke to from ALL (I do mean all) the dealerships in NCR, Metro Cebu, Davao, Laguna, Cavite, Batangas, Bulacan, and Pampanga could find me one.

I even spoke to a couple of friends who were in the auto industry to help me out and they came up blank too. If these unicorns start to appear all of a sudden, then you can tell how f'd up CACC's inventory management is.
    This may be your chance papi. Try their Manila Bay branch. Maybe they'll offer you the same unit they tried to sell Doc and I.

Ask for Jing-Jing Reyes and let me know how she looks, errr, I mean the car ( and maybe the SA as well for good measure, hehe).

Good luck. Drive safe.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2014

You still have plans on getting one from ACI?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    there's a 2017/18 mercury blue gt line on display in the 5th floor kia on megamall. wasn't sure if it was 2017 or 18. didn't check the roof if it had the panoramic sunroof.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sparc179 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up Doc. Incidentally, what variant will you be getting and how much was the reservation fee they asked from you?
    GT variant din sana bro. What bothers me is that now when I ask the SA in Carmona when the unit will be available he cannot give me a definite answer. Before I put my reservation na 5k sa kanila, they said that the unit will be available after holy week. I inquired with other dealerships specifically Kia manila bay and he had a better answer about availability of units. He told me na baka May to June pa daw talaga maglabas ng units from the plant. They have ordered 200 different car units but are still waiting and that they will prioritize people who have reservations with them. He also mentioned that there might be a price adjustment pa for Sportage leaning more to price reduction. Hopefully, babaan pa ng Ayala group ang srp ni Sportage and that they do a better job than Columbia. But seeing a dealership closed and unavailability of units from other dealerships at present are red flags for me already. Sayang lang because in other countries, the Sportage is really doing well in sales. I think Ayala has done a good job not stripping down the car to the bone when they released the 2019 models but there are still doubts that linger on my mind.

8. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Mecs View Post
    GT variant din sana bro. What bothers me is that now when I ask the SA in Carmona when the unit will be available he cannot give me a definite answer. Before I put my reservation na 5k sa kanila, they said that the unit will be available after holy week. I inquired with other dealerships specifically Kia manila bay and he had a better answer about availability of units. He told me na baka May to June pa daw talaga maglabas ng units from the plant. They have ordered 200 different car units but are still waiting and that they will prioritize people who have reservations with them. He also mentioned that there might be a price adjustment pa for Sportage leaning more to price reduction. Hopefully, babaan pa ng Ayala group ang srp ni Sportage and that they do a better job than Columbia. But seeing a dealership closed and unavailability of units from other dealerships at present are red flags for me already. Sayang lang because in other countries, the Sportage is really doing well in sales. I think Ayala has done a good job not stripping down the car to the bone when they released the 2019 models but there are still doubts that linger on my mind.
    At least nga po sayo Doc nakapag Test Drive ka na di ba? Pero same story din sakin, no idea sila when units will actually be available now. Initially they were saying last week of March to first week of April, now no definite date.

People may start getting disappointed and begin considering other options more seriously if this goes on.

If they offer higher discounts then that would be a good incentive, but they should probably hurry if they plan on catching sure buyers before June school enrollment expenses come up.

I agree about how the Sporty is one of the top-selling units in many countries unlike ours, the specs alone speak for itself. My cousin in Oz sings praises for it as well. I've made all the comparisons I can and it just ticks all my boxes.

Hayss, wait and see mode again, that's what I've been doing for more than 6 months already. LoL.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    You still have plans on getting one from ACI?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sparc179 View Post
    This may be your chance papi. Try their Manila Bay branch. Maybe they'll offer you the same unit they tried to sell Doc and I.

Ask for Jing-Jing Reyes and let me know how she looks, errr, I mean the car ( and maybe the SA as well for good measure, hehe).

Good luck. Drive safe.

I gave up on my hunt for an AWD Sportage long ago and blew a good portion of my dp budget on a new mountain bike.

And, frankly, I don't have the patience to deal with dealerships at the moment.

If it's truly the 2017 GT Line AWD spec (since the 2018 AWD never got to our shores, apparently), then should it come with a substantial discount?

If it's been in storage for 2 years, how do we know the fluids have been replaced and the car thoroughly checked?

10. Join Date
    May 2009
    I gave up on my hunt for an AWD Sportage long ago and blew a good portion of my dp budget on a new mountain bike.

And, frankly, I don't have the patience to deal with dealerships at the moment.

If it's truly the 2017 GT Line AWD spec (since the 2018 AWD never got to our shores, apparently), then should it come with a substantial discount?

If it's been in storage for 2 years, how do we know the fluids have been replaced and the car thoroughly checked?
    CACC really did effed it up didn't they? If it's true they have 2017 models in storage somewhere (24 months not including how many months from the factory to the ships to the warehouses), gathering dust without any kind of maintenance being done, the oil seals and other soft components would be needing replacement/repair by now.

That would be good reason for not to consider an older model variant, even if it is unused.

Good call on that sir Verbl

2019 Kia Sportage test drive