New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by sparc179 View Post
    Now that you mention it, mine does that too. But my Rav4 also did that, so I believe it is normal. I likewise do what Master Yubby does, depress brake pedal, shift to Neutral, apply parking brake, release pedal and shift to P.

This is also safer when parking on an incline or a decline to save the tranny from being 'locked'.

Sent from my vivo 1901 using Tapatalk
    I'm no master, sir. Nakalimutan ko pala ilagay yang shift to N.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Ako, habit ko is to step on the brakes, shift tp P then apply parking brakes then release my foot from the brake pedal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    May 2009
    My best FC so far, was going 90-95KpH while maintaining 1400 RPM on 7th speed.

Kept this up for most of the NLEX.

I hope my Sporty will do better next time.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    My best FC so far, was going 90-95KpH while maintaining 1400 RPM on 7th speed.

Kept this up for most of the NLEX.

I hope my Sporty will do better next time.

Baka antukin nyan, bro!

I remembered one time that I tried to drive conservatively at NLEX only doing within 80-90 kmh and not even doing past 100 kmh. I was trying hard to fight not to fall asleep.

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Baka antukin nyan, bro!

I remembered one time that I tried to drive conservatively at NLEX only doing within 80-90 kmh and not even doing past 100 kmh. I was trying hard to fight not to fall asleep.
    Not possible with 2 small hyper active kids in the back sir E.

Besides, if I go past 110, the wifey will berate me.

Ok lang naman, pag ako lang mag isa, sigurado na yung 130 minimum. Just watch out for the speed guns. [emoji16]

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006

Ok lang naman, pag ako lang mag isa, sigurado na yung 130 minimum. Just watch out for the speed guns. [emoji16]

My wife doesn't mind if I do between 100-120 kmh as she finds that normal for me. She kind of gotten used to the sensation of driving between 60-70 mph like when we were living in the US. She gets mad if she sees the speedometer hitting higher than that on our daily commute at SLEX. Yesterday, the family driver brought her to work and she called me to complain that he was driving slow (80-90 km). Hahahaha

7. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    My wife doesn't mind if I do between 100-120 kmh as she finds that normal for me. She kind of gotten used to the sensation of driving between 60-70 mph like when we were living in the US. She gets mad if she sees the speedometer hitting higher than that on our daily commute at SLEX. Yesterday, the family driver brought her to work and she called me to complain that he was driving slow (80-90 km). Hahahaha
    As long as the road is clear, the weather dry and it's daytime, my wife will allow me to do 120 on most occasions. Usually when we go to Subic, which is monthly.

Sabi din nung nakausap kong NLEX traffic enforcer, if we don't go past 120, they won't confiscate your license for overspending. [emoji16]

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    As long as the road is clear, the weather dry and it's daytime, my wife will allow me to do 120 on most occasions. Usually when we go to Subic, which is monthly.

Sabi din nung nakausap kong NLEX traffic enforcer, if we don't go past 120, they won't confiscate your license for overspending. [emoji16]

These enforcers are non existent at night at NLEX. In some stretches of SCTEX (towards Subic), they have no way to set themselves properly as you can see them a few kilometers away, enough distance for you to slow down.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2014

speaking of speedguns, i wonder if the DASHCAM with Speedgun detector sold online works?

10. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by black0men007 View Post
    speaking of speedguns, i wonder if the DASHCAM with Speedgun detector sold online works?
    Di ko pa na try bossing. Please let us know if they are effective. I want to upgrade my dashcam also.

Thanks for the heads up.

2019 Kia Sportage test drive