New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Hi, fellow tsikoteer's!

Where can I have my relay fuse box repaired?

For some background info, I had my KIA Sportage aircon checked when the AC system broke down (no clicking sound and the familiar hum of the compressor upon turning on). I brought it to the shop where I had my evaporator replaced last August. So they checked the coolant and the system pressure. Upon checking, they told me that there's no leak. So they checked the electrical. It turned out that the negative socket of the relay is not working. Since they don't have the capability to fix that (reasoning is that it's most probably computer box-related), I was referred to a shop which does on-board diagnostics and other similar procedures. There, I was told that more often than not, the fix will involve bypassing the relay in the fuse box so as not to mess with the computer box. But I have a couple of out of the box relays already (for the Bosch horn and added auxiliary fan for the radiator), so the last thing I need/want is another relay contraption with wiring dangling in there somewhere.

So now, I need advise/second opinion/referrals from fellow tsikoteers who may have experienced a similar problem.

Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Simplest and best way is still an independent system re wiring

Sent from my Lenovo K53a48 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kevinworld View Post
    Simplest and best way is still an independent system re wiring

Sent from my Lenovo K53a48 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Thanks for the reply, Sir.

What do you mean by independent system re-wiring? And where can I have it done?

Thanks again.