The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Leaked images of the new XJ.

- Netcarshow via WCF

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Is that it?!?!?!?!?! The new XJ??????? Oh geez... that's a disappointment. The front is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too XF for my liking and the back looks like an mutated Quattroporte/Lancia Delta. Why couldn't they just have stuck with the elegant and classy old look? Yes, it's still better looking than most of its competitors but I just can't help but feel that they could have made it look better.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by nz_alfa View Post
    Why couldn't they just have stuck with the elegant and classy old look?
    Unlike Porsche, Jaguar's traditional "retro" styling wasn't working anymore, so they are now giving the new Jaguar models more modern styling.
    When the modern looking XF was launched it outsold the entire "older" retro Jaguar range.
    Last edited by AG4; July 9th, 2009 at 11:20 AM.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Oh thats a shame. It still looks good though. Gonna miss their classic look. It's just that rear end i'm not so sure. The XF looked great, the XK is gorgeous and this XJ is OK.. Can't wait to see what the next X-Type will be like.
    Hopefully it won't be based on a Mondeo again.. or worse, a Tata.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    The next X-type will be hopefully a 100% Jag without being dependent on other platforms like the the existing x type on a mondeo platform and no it will not be based on a Tata either, besides the different between Tata and Ford ownership is Tata is a HANDS OFF style ownership company meaning they will not interfere much with Jaguar's plans like Ford did i.e. cost cutting etc, they will let them florish to their potential. Back to the car itself the car looks great especially the side angle, the rear end is slowly growing on me the more I look at it. What jaguar is doing is going back to their roots and that's making true beautiful cars like no other and making fast ones too. Yes there will be losers like the retro design lovers but Jagaur has been taking this retro design criticisms on board, the consumers were having none of it and jag answered it back with this new car. Rememeber this car will go head on with the S-class, A8 and 7 series and thats the duty of this car to take on the best and beat the best. This car is looks brilliant and I am dying to see this car in the flesh this press picture will not do the car justice one bit. Looking forward to see the interior.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by galaxy2012 View Post
    besides the different between Tata and Ford ownership is Tata is a HANDS OFF style ownership company meaning they will not interfere much with Jaguar's plans like Ford did i.e. cost cutting etc, they will let them florish to their potential.
    Thats true for the rushed entry-level X-Type, but the successful new gen XF was developed when Jaguar was still owned by Ford.
    As part of Ford's agreement with Tata, they will continue to supply Jaguar and Land Rover with automotive technology, engines, and engineering support for the next few years (this could be extended).

If you think about it, Ford was the one that saved Jaguar and brought them into the 21st century.
    Last edited by AG4; July 10th, 2009 at 01:46 AM.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by AG4 View Post
    Thats true for the rushed entry-level X-Type, but the successful new gen XF was developed when Jaguar was still owned by Ford.
    As part of Ford's agreement with Tata, they will continue to supply Jaguar and Land Rover with automotive technology, engines, and engineering support for the next few years (this could be extended).

If you think about it, Ford was the one that saved Jaguar and brought them into the 21st century.

Very true indeed strongly remember the £1.2 billion bailout back then their loss was very huge that they had to depend on Land Rover to ease the pain but it wasn't enough though.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Additional "official" photos

-Jaguar & Autoblog

XJ Models

XJ 3.0 V6 Diesel Luxury
    £52,500 Standard Wheelbase
    £55,500 Long Wheelbase

XJ 3.0 V6 Diesel Premium Luxury
    £55,900 Standard Wheelbase
    £58,900 Long Wheelbase

XJ 3.0 V6 Diesel Portfolio
    £62,900 Standard Wheelbase
    £65,900 Long Wheelbase

XJ 5.0 n/a V8 Petrol Premium Luxury
    £62,900 Standard Wheelbase
    £65,900 Long Wheelbase

XJ 5.0 n/a V8 Petrol Portfolio
    £69,900 Standard Wheelbase
    £72,900 Long Wheelbase

XJ 5.0 s/c V8 Petrol Supersport
    £85,000 Standard Wheelbase
    £88,000 Long Wheelbase

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    IMHO, these new models actually live up to it's "Jaguar" namesake.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    I change my mind. That thing is gorgeous. The interior won me over and im sure the back will grow on me. Im a sucker for gorgeous wood. And those door sills look awesome. Any word on an XJ-R?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
All-new 2010 Jaguar XJ