New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008

The front design came from the C-XF Concept from 2 years ago.

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Bad news for X-type lovers, the x-type is to be discontinued at the end of the year. Looks like there is no replacement planned. Personally I am not suprised with this.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsAr...llCars/241534/

Jaguar X-Type production will finish at the end of the year.

The Jaguar X-Type is made at the Halewood Plant on Merseyside, and Jaguar is ceasing production early to cut costs.

The X-Type had been scheduled to be built until at least mid-2010. Jaguar has sold more than 350,000 X-Types in eight years.

As a result of the axeing of the X-Type, 300 jobs will be cut at Halewood. A spokesman emphasised that the job losses would all be through voluntary redundancy only.

In addition to the job cuts, the plant is expected to be shut down for an additional three weeks, starting in September, due to poor sales.

Jaguar Land Rover CEO David Smith said, "Our industry has been especially badly hit by the recession, and the premium sector more than others. Jaguar Land Rover's retail sales have fallen by 28 per cent in the past 10 months.

"We have taken unprecedented actions to cut costs, including reduced production volumes, significant cuts to investment plans and some 2200 job losses. Ceasing production of the X-Type early, with further redundancies and temporary shutdowns at Halewood, is necessary to protect our other investment plans.

"Further actions will be determined by the state of the market and the speed with which the already-approved 340 million euro (£291m) European Investment Bank loan can be drawn."

Jaguar has been in talks with the British government regarding providing a guarantee for the EIB bank loan since January.

Part of that loan, plus a £27 million UK government loan, has been ear-marked for development of the new LRX concept-derived green Range Rover at Halewood.

Land Rover has said it will decide whether to build the car in the final quarter of this year, but there are concerns that the delays in approving the loan guarantees could hinder the project.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by nz_alfa View Post
    I change my mind. That thing is gorgeous. The interior won me over and im sure the back will grow on me. Im a sucker for gorgeous wood. And those door sills look awesome. Any word on an XJ-R?
    I'm happy to hear that you had a sudden change of heart regarding the new Jaguar XJ model

I'm working for Jaguar Philippines and I have seen the car's performance in a video during its international release a few weeks ago......

The best word to describe its looks and performance would be "INCREDIBLE"

That was just a video

The car is set to be available locally by next year.......

Its launching would be sometime around March or April.....no specific date given yet

If some of you guys are interested in buying a JAGUAR or LAND ROVER unit....Just PM me......I'll be happy to help you

I can help you get a discount and give you economical financing terms

4. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    sir the price below yun naba talaga yun? (as if i can afford one hehehe)

XJ 3.0 V6 Diesel Luxury
    £52,500 Standard Wheelbase
    £55,500 Long Wheelbase

around 4M tama po ba?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    I know the information for the All-new 2010 Jaguar XJ, Thank you.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by actor21 View Post
    sir the price below yun naba talaga yun? (as if i can afford one hehehe)

XJ 3.0 V6 Diesel Luxury
    £52,500 Standard Wheelbase
    £55,500 Long Wheelbase

around 4M tama po ba?
    Plus taxes...

According to Top Gear Philippines:
    The all-new Jaguar XJ is priced from P8.8 million to P9 million—presumably depending on the options.
    I think this is for the V8 model.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by The Governor View Post
    I'm happy to hear that you had a sudden change of heart regarding the new Jaguar XJ model

I'm working for Jaguar Philippines and I have seen the car's performance in a video during its international release a few weeks ago......

The best word to describe its looks and performance would be "INCREDIBLE"

That was just a video

The car is set to be available locally by next year.......

Its launching would be sometime around March or April.....no specific date given yet

If some of you guys are interested in buying a JAGUAR or LAND ROVER unit....Just PM me......I'll be happy to help you

I can help you get a discount and give you economical financing terms
    Sir, Since the day I saw the picture of the Jaguar xf, concept xfr and and xj, I knew already what my dream car would be as I am a Jaguar fanatic ever since I was a kid at age 11. I remember watching the TV show "The Equalizer" starred by the late Edward Woodward a.k.a. Robert McCall. Thats the 1st time I saw the Jag and fell in love with her. I made it my ultimate goal to own a Jaguar once I grew older as this will serve as my leverage to know that Im a made man. Dream House/Lot in an exclusive village, self- liquidating business then, premium education abroad for my kids, Estate planning, then BOOM "My very own jaguar"

8. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    I've checked a Jag xf yesterday at the Shang Plaza and will schedule for a test drive. Im just bothered upon checking on line reviews from recent owners who claims that their XF had technical problems mostly (electronics or systems such as car alarm, GPS and etc.) and the poor services of the casa abroad. I hope this aint true at all.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    I like this new Jaguar

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
All-new 2010 Jaguar XJ