New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Peepz, alam nyo po ba kung kelan nagpaparepack ng wheel bearing? ano po ba ang symptoms na dpat na po sya iparepack? thanks much

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jayghost213 View Post
    Peepz, alam nyo po ba kung kelan nagpaparepack ng wheel bearing? ano po ba ang symptoms na dpat na po sya iparepack? thanks much

for sealed wheel bearings as with FWD vehicles, as the name implies does not need to be repacked but the non driving wheels will have to be. usually, everytime you do brakes inspection and assessment, you repack non sealed bearings with the service. around two years or 30000 miles. if the vehicle had been submerged in flood, it is customary to have your brakes inspected. if the bearings make noise, check and if there is any evidence of discoloration, mechanical damage or roughness, the bearing as a set will have to be replaced-bearing cone and rollers and the bearing cup. they are sold as a set and match mated during manufacture
    Last edited by ghosthunter; June 20th, 2011 at 09:40 AM.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    i see, coz last week i heard a loud squeaking noise on front left wheel while driving. when i reached NLEX and hit 100kph the noise was gone and noise never came back after that. i drove it on a new placed asphalt road right before i hear that loud noise by the way.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    i see, coz last week i heard a loud squeaking noise on front left wheel while driving. when i reached NLEX and hit 100kph the noise was gone and noise never came back after that. i drove it on a new placed asphalt road right before i hear that loud noise by the way.
    Squeaking? Hmmm, does not sound like a wheel bearing that needs repacking to me. Have your front brakes opened the thoroughly cleaned. Baka may duming nasingit between the rotors and the pads.... A shot bearing duefor repacking kasi "ugong" ang symptom at tuloy-tuloy.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post
    Squeaking? Hmmm, does not sound like a wheel bearing that needs repacking to me. Have your front brakes opened the thoroughly cleaned. Baka may duming nasingit between the rotors and the pads.... A shot bearing duefor repacking kasi "ugong" ang symptom at tuloy-tuloy.
    Ok.. thanks man! is it true na sa front wheels lng ng xwind ung kelangan iparepack? i guess its all about the big time dirt that i need to take care of on my brakes... I appreciate it!

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Ok.. thanks man! is it true na sa front wheels lng ng xwind ung kelangan iparepack? i guess its all about the big time dirt that i need to take care of on my brakes... I appreciate it!
    Yup, harap lang nare-repack. With the rainy season officially on, it is expected that brakes would have these unwanted elements in between. Regular underwash and brake cleaning is in order.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    YEessssirrrrr!!! Thanks alot sir Benz... you'so helpfull!

When to repack your wheel bearing?