New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by XTO View Post
    with more powerful engine lang like the 4JJ1 kahit non-CRDi - para di maselan. interior is pwede na for me but yun nga added safety like the 3 Pts. ELR seatbelt on 2nd and 3rd row - yun lang kasi tinitipid pa nila. dapat standard hanggang 3rd row.
    Yep. What makes Isuzuphil hesitate to place the previous gen-DMax engine 3.0 TDIC on at least the XUV and Sportivo variants.

And yes, safety passenger belts. Maski wala ng ABS, LSD.

Its about time. 2010 is around the corner.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Errr, I'd rather have ABS on the Crosswind...and beefier brakes too! It's just too fat for the current brakes.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Here's my dilemma kasi, I have 4 kids and presently I have a well maintained lite ace van that consumes around 8 kms/L. My work entails frequent travel to different hospitals in our province on a daily basis. I want to get a car ( for my driving pleasure) and sell my van but that would sacrifice the comfort of the family when we travel and of course I wouldnt want to worry when another oil crisis hits us. So in short, I want a diesel mpv. Innova is a good choice certainly, the fusion is not a good choice for me since its gasoline and i dont like the looks, the present crosswind is fine but for me, quite outdated, the adventure likewise. I really would like to find an MPV that could be compared with the innova. The problem in our country, there are few choices kasi. I feel that these motor companies are not really catering to the needs of its customers.Example, why not come out with a diesel version of the grand levina or outlander. I'm really interested for the next crosswind or any other mpv. That would make me feel comfotable and contented before I decide what vehicle to get. Please help out. Thanks

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Meron na bang tsikmis sa bagong crosswind? Or baka puro facelift parin?

Ewan ko lang pero tingin ko hindi ata kaya mag design ang Isuzu ng modern looking vehicles ala Innova...So far pinaka acceptable ata nila yung crosswind na obviously outdated na at this time

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Considering that there's no official news on the next-gen Crosswind, we are left with the following options:

How about the Kia Carens? It's also diesel, and a CRDI at that. It's got a better engine than the current Crosswind, and I reckon that the ride is somewhere between the Grand Livina or the Innova. I'd recommend it for those who don't need the extra space of the Innova but has the capability to carry more than 5 people. And by capability, I mean cramming more passengers but with comfort sacrificed.

As for the Grand Livina, it's just too cramped for the price you'll pay. But although it's gasoline, they say it's a sipper. Somebody reported 14km/L on mixed driving conditions.

My opinion:

For 6 passengers, I'd get the Innova. It's cheap, runs well (it's actually quick), has a good ride, and still spacious with 7 fat passengers. The diesel gets good fuel mileage, and the gas gets good scores as well. But considering that there's a P10 difference between gasoline and diesel, you ought to get the diesel variant.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Watch and see pa ang isuzu as regards to using a CRDi system. The Alterra and now the Dmax hasnt really given them enough feedback and confidence to use the system to a 2.5 engine.
    Denso has yet to adjust to our fuel, Bosch mass reliable. If they use Delphi like Korean diesels then solve na ang problem.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Well....your choices for carrying 6 passengers in comfort will actually ranged from the following MPVs/AUVs/SUVs:

Avanza
    APV
    Adventure
    Grand Livina
    Crosswind/Sportivo
    Innova
    Carens
    Carnival

Its very obvious any one of these is a compromised choice--whether fuel consumption, space, safety factor, comfort, and of course, price.

You may also consider the 7-seater 4x2 Everest and coming soon the 4x2 Montero Sport. But they are in the upper echelon in pricing at more than P1.2 million.

The van option is there but would would be quite difficult as a daily driver.

You see, there have to be sacrifices made. No perfect vehicle across ALL applications. Which criteria would be prioritized? Since you are considering the Crosswind, I would surmised that looks and fuel efficiency occupy the upper echelon of your list.

The Crosswind actually is a fine vehicle and got a reliable, fuel efficient powerplant. The "old" or dated-feel is more on the interior plus the lack of safety features (i.e. no ABS, airbags) which comes standard in vehicles of the same price range. Power is only adequate and it is not fast. Engine is noisy but easy to maintain. Plus it can absorbed the punishment emanating from our "dirty" or more correctly impure diesel quality.

To be frank, I am a Crosswind owner myself and I can live with the so-called "deficiencies" and "shortcomings" but at the same time accentuate the merits of this vehicle.

Comfort and refinement are admittedly the low point for the Crosswind. As such, for about the same dough, the Innova is quite a very good is not a better alternative to the Isuzu.

I suggest you get the E variant. You got power ammenities. Since it looks a little bland with quirky shape, there are many upgrade kits available to make it appear a little more grand. The vehicle looks good with a spoiler, nice tints, body wraps and flares and bigger tires. Gas or diesel? Your choice. There is a long thread that discuss it pros and cons. One advice, if you get the D4D make sure you fill up at a trustworthy station.

Good luck. HTH.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by gabsmd View Post
    Here's my dilemma kasi, I have 4 kids and presently I have a well maintained lite ace van that consumes around 8 kms/L. My work entails frequent travel to different hospitals in our province on a daily basis. I want to get a car ( for my driving pleasure) and sell my van but that would sacrifice the comfort of the family when we travel and of course I wouldnt want to worry when another oil crisis hits us. So in short, I want a diesel mpv. Innova is a good choice certainly, the fusion is not a good choice for me since its gasoline and i dont like the looks, the present crosswind is fine but for me, quite outdated, the adventure likewise. I really would like to find an MPV that could be compared with the innova. The problem in our country, there are few choices kasi. I feel that these motor companies are not really catering to the needs of its customers.Example, why not come out with a diesel version of the grand levina or outlander. I'm really interested for the next crosswind or any other mpv. That would make me feel comfotable and contented before I decide what vehicle to get. Please help out. Thanks
    in short, you want a reliable, beefy and macho machine to take you anywhere you like? hehehe

ako din ganyan eh. i don't like the innova's styling too. too, um, family oriented. gusto ko yung pag ako lang mag isa sa loob pag tinignan ako ng mga nasa jeep, sabihin nila... uy, ang pogi naman nung binata sa loob....hehehehe

pag nasa loob ka ng innova, antimano iisipin nila "married, with 2.5 children" or "devoted family man" . not that there's anything wrong with that (there isn't).

i suggest a crosswind na nga. timeless looks, brutish good looks. nevermind if the engine's a bit noisy... ganyan talaga eh. either that or a pajero 96 or fieldmaster. with the pajeros may sukli ka pa pang pagawa (kung cash ang pagbayad) and they both seat 8 people.

i wouldn't count on spy shots for AUVs... there's not enough fanboys to leak such things over the internet. and besides, i don't think AUVs are products of comprehensive R&D and wind tunnel design... they're cheap because a bunch of japanese design guys in isuzu/mitsu/toyota had a meeting with the south east asia marketing rep who dictated their requirements for our market.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Great comments guys. I see all your point. I think I'll just get the innova. If we get lucky, I'll probably get a car in few years time and satisfy my driving pleasure. Again many thanks for the advice!

10. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    I think its too early to speculate for the next gen model of Isuzu Sportivo, the 2008 model is still new to the market..... Maybe the 2009 production may start late....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
What will be the next Isuzu Crosswind?