New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Hi. Does anyone have an idea on what will be the next isuzu crosswind? I'm seriously planning to buy a new van/mpv for the family and like every smart buyer, all options should be considered. I like the innova but the driving comfort is not ok, the present crosswind looks outdated, the montero is expensive for me. I won't go yet for korean cars. Please help. Thanks

2. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Hi. Does anyone have an idea on what will be the next isuzu crosswind? I'm seriously planning to buy a new van/mpv for the family and like every smart buyer, all options should be considered. I like the innova but the driving comfort is not ok, the present crosswind looks outdated, the montero is expensive for me. I won't go yet for korean cars. Please help. Thanks

I drove the Innova and its smaller than xwind, and buy only gas model as the D4D still having starting and fuel problems. I don't think the crosswind looks outdated, it looks practical for a family vehicle and is highly reliable. Its based on an early year 2000 body style GM engineers worked up for Isuzu. They had serious design constraints for the asian market...like moving large families while keeping the purchase costs low. The new Isuzu Adventure MAster SUV made in Thailand may be sold in Philippines next year. Its an updated Crosswind body with the 3.0 CRDI Isuzu diesel as standard. I just purchased a 2008 2.4 CRV and like it alot. Its sporty, reliable and top speed over 170kph. But I still love my 2007 Sportivo.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    i love the crosswind, from the outside it just looks great...
    if isuzu were to have a new crosswind, they definitely should improve the interior... the dashboard really is outdated compared to UVs nowadays

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    It is my thinking that the Crosswind line will be retained from among the XL, XT, and Xti variants.

The Sportivo will evolved....

Hopefully, Sportivo II will have a much more powerful engine that at least exceeds 100 hp rating and a 3-pt seatbealts in the 2nd and 3rd row. And that would really be nice! Reduced the "barbarity (as quoted by a tsikoteer)" by providing a stronger powerplant and more safety features.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    I would also like Isuzu to trash their crappy auto tranny! Dad and I hated the one on his XUV...thank heavens they're dropping in one helluva'n improvement on the engine department. A multi-link rear suspension will also be a treat if ever they get smart in bolting it on the next Crosswind...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    I would be very grateful if you guys could send a spy photo of the next crosswind and it's specs sana. I hope it would be a CRDi engine with less noise, with upgraded suspension. I intend to decide what mpv to get without knowing what isuzu has in store for the next crosswind.

7. Join Date
    May 2007
    considering that the isuzu highlander crosswind has been in the market since 1999, im very sure that something is in the pipeline. im sure that the isuzu people are tight-lipped about it. it has definitely aged and even the Dmax/Alterra is starting to show it as well.

i think we can scrap the Thai Rung Adventure Master. it's a thai delicacy intended for their market since thai rung is like a step higher than carryboy in designing/making body shells for isuzu. But it could change if there an effort from isuzu thailand to produce LHD units but it will not be an direct successor to the crosswind.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Thanks for that input man! Seems like I simply need to wait. Anyway, if there is anybody out there who could send the specs of the next crosswind, kindly do so, it will be highly appreciated.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Ironically the patented noisy engine isuzu is famous or infamous for is actually its strength. Its because of the timing gear that all isuzu diesels are equipped with. They say it is more durable than the timing belt and timing chain its competitors have. As one SA told me "mas mauunang masisira ang buong sasakyan bago masira ang timing gear"..

IMO isuzu vehicles are not for everyone, its for people who just needs a no ifs and no buts vehicle to go from point A to point B. It is not a perfect vehicle but it sure is one sturdy ride..

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    with more powerful engine lang like the 4JJ1 kahit non-CRDi - para di maselan. interior is pwede na for me but yun nga added safety like the 3 Pts. ELR seatbelt on 2nd and 3rd row - yun lang kasi tinitipid pa nila. dapat standard hanggang 3rd row.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
What will be the next Isuzu Crosswind?