New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    why not choose altera na lang kung isuzu man lang. Too old and too loud an engine ksi ang crosswind. Medyo mabagal ang acceleration ( I drove one - pedal to the metal - 100 kph lang talaga - naiiwan ako ng convoy dati). Sorry, di naman ako biased, kung me magbibigay, I'll accept it whole heartedly naman.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    di po tutuo yan ah,di ako kaskasero pero nag 120kph po ako sa sportivo ko,flat road,at me ibibilis pa...sumpa po yan...sportivo 2005 po yung sa akin...kung sa ahon,tulad nung matitirik na ahunin dyan sa Quezon National Park,dun sya talagang di makabilis,mabagal sya sa ahon pero malakas yung hatak...

dito sa europe,yung mga diesel nilang van dito tulad ng ford,pag pinakikingan ko,kasing ingay din ng sportivo...kasi mga timing gear din...pero ok na sa akin yung medyo maingay,basta matibay at di ka talaga ititirik...

pero tutuo po yun,di lang 100kph kayang takbuhin ng crosswind...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by acergy09 View Post
    di po tutuo yan ah,di ako kaskasero pero nag 120kph po ako sa sportivo ko,flat road,at me ibibilis pa...sumpa po yan...sportivo 2005 po yung sa akin...kung sa ahon,tulad nung matitirik na ahunin dyan sa Quezon National Park,dun sya talagang di makabilis,mabagal sya sa ahon pero malakas yung hatak...

dito sa europe,yung mga diesel nilang van dito tulad ng ford,pag pinakikingan ko,kasing ingay din ng sportivo...kasi mga timing gear din...pero ok na sa akin yung medyo maingay,basta matibay at di ka talaga ititirik...

pero tutuo po yun,di lang 100kph kayang takbuhin ng crosswind...

+2 ako diyan!

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Hindi totoong mahirap i maneho ang crosswind. We used to have one m/t and i find it easier to drive in traffic compared to petrol cars. forgiving clutch, good torque.

But i dont recommend driving your crosswind at very high speeds.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Cons muna:

di siya kasing bilis tulad ng mga crdi, so kung car like acceleration and handling your knocking on the wrong door.
    walang abs,airbag,esp, etc. etc. na mga electronic and safety stuff...

Pros:

Dahil walang syang mga ganun ^ walang mga ganun ^ na masisira due to floods pag na lusong ka. Which cost thousands of pesos to repair from your friendly holdaper este Casa... hehehe
    Sa maintenance dahil basic sya you dont need to depend on your holdaper este Casa for maintenance, kahit mekaniko sa likod bahay kayang gawin sya. Oh at dahil hindi sya crdi (which requires euro 4 diesel fuels, which unfortunately our poor country has euro 2 cheap diesel) di mo problema ang injection pump, kahit nasa lilib na pook ka pedeng pede ka mag pakarga ng krudo.
    Wag kang maniwala sa mga sinasabi nilang hindi heavy duty ang crosswind, kasi kung kulang pa sayo ang loadan ang likod nya ng puno ng tiles eh, Isuzu Elf na ang kelangan sa ganun.
    Oh yung 4ja1 is one of toughest engine you can ever get, trust me I have one. And its very efficient panis ang 10kms/L sa city traffic.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The problem with the Alterra... you're putting up with having a complicated and finicky direct injection system as opposed to the Jurrasic... errh... timeless mechanical injection system of the Crosswind... so... why not buy a vehicle with a good direct injection system (Hyundai, Ford), if you're going to have to pay extra for maintenance, anyway?

-

Crosswind:

Pros:
    - 4JA1 maintenance simple, cheap
    - Engine is very, very durable
    - Good economy in MT, acceptable economy in AT
    - Rugged, good carrying capacity
    - Very little can break in a flood... low first gear makes for safe crawling in slippery conditions and in flood water.

Cons:
    - Terrible brakes. No ABS, rear drums lock up too easily. When driving on wet roads on stock tires, be careful, as the Crosswind tends to slide badly in wet emergency stops.
    - Handling so-so. Prone to understeer. Rear end stutters over rough roads. Innova drives 100 times better.
    - Fully loaded units too expensive for what you get. And, really... your engine will be flood-proof, but do you think the DVD player will be?
    - Engine is durable, but the body is made of butter. Comes out of alignment easily, creaks and rattles.
    - No power for overtaking. Can maintain highway speeds and can maintain a steady 60-80 km/h uphill except on steep roads, but it takes half-a-minute to get from 0 to 100 km/h... and most of that 30 seconds occurs between 80-100 km/h, so overtaking trucks on two-lane roads takes a lot of planning.
    - Crash safety? What crash safety. You're in a tall and heavy vehicle, yes, but as crash testing shows, better to be in a smaller vehicle with an excellent crash structure than a big one with none.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIKu1UDoa6s"]YouTube - Renault Espace vs. Land Rover Discovery crash test[/ame]
    (this video goes out to everyone who claims... basta malaki... safe!)

Do note: Land Rovers have better crash safety than Crosswinds!

-

I'm a Crosswind owner... but I don't think I'd waste my money on a Sportivo or XUV brand-new. Best bang for the buck is an XTi. Just buy the entertainment system outside if you really need one.
    Last edited by niky; October 18th, 2010 at 11:05 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Its not that I'm flame baiting. I was basing upon my experience (about at least three times - different models - XUVi, XUV, Sportivo, XTi). Different years pa. Part and parcel of my job. All sorts of vehicles na rin. and tama si Niky, if you were to opt for a crosswind, an Xti is the sure bet na di mabagal. All the rest from XUV up medyo slowmo na ang acceleration and top speed sucks.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The problem with the Alterra... you're putting up with having a complicated and finicky direct injection system as opposed to the Jurrasic... errh... timeless mechanical injection system of the Crosswind... so... why not buy a vehicle with a good direct injection system (Hyundai, Ford), if you're going to have to pay extra for maintenance, anyway?

-

Crosswind:

Pros:
    - 4JA1 maintenance simple, cheap
    - Engine is very, very durable
    - Good economy in MT, acceptable economy in AT
    - Rugged, good carrying capacity
    - Very little can break in a flood... low first gear makes for safe crawling in slippery conditions and in flood water.

Cons:
    - Terrible brakes. No ABS, rear drums lock up too easily. When driving on wet roads on stock tires, be careful, as the Crosswind tends to slide badly in wet emergency stops.
    - Handling so-so. Prone to understeer. Rear end stutters over rough roads. Innova drives 100 times better.
    - Fully loaded units too expensive for what you get. And, really... your engine will be flood-proof, but do you think the DVD player will be?
    - Engine is durable, but the body is made of butter. Comes out of alignment easily, creaks and rattles.
    - No power for overtaking. Can maintain highway speeds and can maintain a steady 60-80 km/h uphill except on steep roads, but it takes half-a-minute to get from 0 to 100 km/h... and most of that 30 seconds occurs between 80-100 km/h, so overtaking trucks on two-lane roads takes a lot of planning.
    - Crash safety? What crash safety. You're in a tall and heavy vehicle, yes, but as crash testing shows, better to be in a smaller vehicle with an excellent crash structure than a big one with none.

YouTube - Renault Espace vs. Land Rover Discovery crash test
    (this video goes out to everyone who claims... basta malaki... safe!)

Do note: Land Rovers have better crash safety than Crosswinds!

-

I'm a Crosswind owner... but I don't think I'd waste my money on a Sportivo or XUV brand-new. Best bang for the buck is an XTi. Just buy the entertainment system outside if you really need one.

+ 1

It all depends really on what you prioritize. If you're more into the comfort, power and performance it can give but can live with the maintenance costs of the advanced engines and gizmos then you can go with the more modern counterparts like the Innova, Starex, etc. But if you want to keep maintenance costs at a minimum plus fuel efficiency, then you're better off with the simpler, no frills, Jurassic(as they always like to say), 4JA1 crosswind. Sabi nga nila, kung gusto mo ng simpleng buhay lang na wala masyadong iniisip, drive lang ng drive, dito ka na sa low tech. Kung gusto mo ng mas masarap na buhay, dito ka na sa high tech

As Niky said, you don't need to get the high end Crosswinds since tinadtad lang naman ng accessories. Value for money na yun XTi since habol mo naman talaga is the reliability, durability and efficiency ng Crosswind. And hindi nga naman masasalba yun DVD player pag nabaha

Tibay ng Espace hehe

9. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    I'm a Crosswind owner for 10 years now and still counting. I admit there will be times that you will curse yourself for not buying that CRV/Rav4 instead, or for being too cheap to replace it with a new hyundai even though its almost old enough to go to highschool. but at the end of the day, the Crosswind still has that certain appeal that gets you after you turn the ignition off, whether it got you home safe getting you through storms with almost waist high floods or coming back from a week end get-away manila to la union back and forth for only a full tank of gas with enough to spare for you to make it to a gas station near your house where you filled it up, you can always count on it to start-up as good as it did 10 years ago when you bought it brand new.

Cons:
    -tunog old school diesel tlga
    -kapag tumagal may mga kalog ka na maririnig sa interior mo, mostly loosened plastic parts because of the vibration (no biggie though, nothing a screw driver or super glue couldn't fix)
    -matagtag sa likod lalu na kapag wala kang pasahero (leafspring suspension kasi e)
    -medyo mabagal ang arangkada (but it depends on the driver's skills) at hindi ganun kabilis (130km/h lng ang pinakamabilis kong takbo at pedal to the floor na toh)
    -no electronic assistance abs, ebd, etc, airbag
    -medyo mausok but it still passes the LTO emission tests

Pros:
    -uber reliable engine
    -low fuel consumption
    -load capacity
    -tough chasis
    -tough body (ndi plastic, bakal!)
    -reliable suspension (leafsprings)
    -can be easily maintained (no need for casa most of the time atleast)
    -abundance of spare parts (you got to hand it to isuzu, almost same parts ang hi-lander, crosswinds, fuego and some parts you can get from the isuzu trucks)
    -high resale value
    -very easy to drive, high vantage point, rear wheel drive, hindi masyadong malapad kaya pwede kang sumingit kahit saan. good for first time drivers

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dretch88 View Post
    I'm a Crosswind owner for 10 years now and still counting. I admit there will be times that you will curse yourself for not buying that CRV/Rav4 instead, or for being too cheap to replace it with a new hyundai even though its almost old enough to go to highschool. but at the end of the day, the Crosswind still has that certain appeal that gets you after you turn the ignition off, whether it got you home safe getting you through storms with almost waist high floods or coming back from a week end get-away manila to la union back and forth for only a full tank of gas with enough to spare for you to make it to a gas station near your house where you filled it up, you can always count on it to start-up as good as it did 10 years ago when you bought it brand new.

Cons:
    -tunog old school diesel tlga
    -kapag tumagal may mga kalog ka na maririnig sa interior mo, mostly loosened plastic parts because of the vibration (no biggie though, nothing a screw driver or super glue couldn't fix)
    -matagtag sa likod lalu na kapag wala kang pasahero (leafspring suspension kasi e)
    -medyo mabagal ang arangkada (but it depends on the driver's skills) at hindi ganun kabilis (130km/h lng ang pinakamabilis kong takbo at pedal to the floor na toh)
    -no electronic assistance abs, ebd, etc, airbag
    -medyo mausok but it still passes the LTO emission tests

Pros:
    -uber reliable engine
    -low fuel consumption
    -load capacity
    -tough chasis
    -tough body (ndi plastic, bakal!)
    -reliable suspension (leafsprings)
    -can be easily maintained (no need for casa most of the time atleast)
    -abundance of spare parts (you got to hand it to isuzu, almost same parts ang hi-lander, crosswinds, fuego and some parts you can get from the isuzu trucks)
    -high resale value
    -very easy to drive, high vantage point, rear wheel drive, hindi masyadong malapad kaya pwede kang sumingit kahit saan. good for first time drivers

yup yung dashboard ng hilander ko yun pa rin gamit ng crosswind ngayon

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
What are the pros and cons of Isuzu Crosswind?