New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    too bad my cousin who has a dmax is in laguna.

anyone in the QC area with a dmax we could use for photoshoot opportunities? kahit just to show lang where to tap, etc?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    would this help? I think I should've taken a pic on the other side hehe

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by cardo
    would this help? I think I should've taken a pic on the other side hehe

sir, san naka-tap yung gauge?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    grayfuz,

may binebenta akong boost controller and gauge, if you are interested...i also know someone who can attach the same. in baguio.

PM me for details

5. Join Date
    Jun 2003
    grayfuz, I was hoping nugundam could point it out on the pic

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    mga sir, magkano naman po yung gauge?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    ei guys gusto ko lang sana malaman kung may performance gain ba pag naglagay ka ng boost controller sa dmax? kasi dati balak ko din sana mag lagay kaya lang sabi ng isang shop sakin wala din kuenta kasi ma aad ko lang daw na boost is .01bar lang daw kasi d na daw kakayanin ng stock turbo eh so parang useless din daw totoo ba o ma boboost ko pa ng mas mataas...kaya turbo timer nalang nilagay ko..

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    cardo: hmmm...meron pa kaya more detailed pics like sa kaloob-looban ng engine bay? try to follow that intake tubing, it should lead you right to the area where the turbo is. could you get a closeup on that area? :D

regarding boost controllers, ok naman siya actually, yun lang, some makes seem allergic to it (like the subaru impreza WRX) because the boost controller as much as possible delays the opening or full opening ng wastegate until it reaches a set pressure, just like the washer method would. yun nga lang, you should know din how much boost your engine on stock internals could take.

oh yeah...may point din ang turbo na it loses efficiency when you try to make it pump out more psi than normal.
    Last edited by nugundam93; December 1st, 2005 at 12:29 AM.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by nugundam93
    oh yeah...may point din ang turbo na it loses efficiency when you try to make it pump out more psi than normal.
    Read an article on HotRod Mag about this...the higher pressure will also make the air hot (tama ba sa physics recollection ko na directly proportional ang temp sa pressure - increase the pressure, the temp will also increase) kaya mas dense tuloy ang oxygen content nito....so hindi hahatak ng tama as expected.

You need to know more about your engine...dyno test it if needed...when you adjust the manual boost controller, the pressure gauge will help out determine right pressure with the right power produced.

10. jagxtrm Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by wildthing
    Read an article on HotRod Mag about this...the higher pressure will also make the air hot (tama ba sa physics recollection ko na directly proportional ang temp sa pressure - increase the pressure, the temp will also increase) kaya mas dense tuloy ang oxygen content nito....so hindi hahatak ng tama as expected.

You need to know more about your engine...dyno test it if needed...when you adjust the manual boost controller, the pressure gauge will help out determine right pressure with the right power produced.
    yes bro ... higher pressure galing turbo = hotter air. kaya po merong intercooler sa harap to 'cool-down' the hot-air from turbo bago pumasok sa engine.

pero hotter air is less dense than cold air. yng pagiging less dense ng hot air ang nagpapahina ng hatak ng makina.

dyno test? for me hindi na kailangan (magastos kc)... just look for a safe, clear straight road, time your ride from 0 to 60 kph and 0 to 100 kph before changing any components in your engine... tapos after mo i-upgrade or fine-tune yng parts, do the drag test again.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Turbo Boost Gauge for DMax?