New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Hi Sir Brian!
    I do appreciate your time replying quickly to my query. This helps a lot. I will do just what you said. The nearest Isuzu dealer from where I am is in San Fernando, Pampanga. Thanks so much! One more thing...do you know of a mechanic who is an expert with Isuzu Troopers around Angeles City or nearby? Thanks again!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    sir owning a 4jx1 is a bit expensive comparing to fieldmaster or a prado...but knowing how to take care of the dreaded 4jx1 (using right oil,sourcing of parts, a good mechanic))and add a little prayer will make you love your trooper its a true blue SUV of the ISUZU...by the way im also from pampanga mabalacat..maybe someday we can set an EB together with sir d_mac who is looking for a good trooper and some isuzu owners from pampanga...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Hi Sir Dhon!
    It doesn't matter if the cost of maintaining a trooper hurts our pockets as long as it delivers the best of it, it's ok. BUT if for everyday that you use it with the anxiety killing you, owning one seems like committing a suicide. I was a tad bit late from being a member of Tsikot thus not having learned about the troubles of the 4JX1 engine in the forums earlier. The only thing that makes my worries less is those owners' testimonies about their 'zero problems' since they acquired theirs. It has been close to 5 months now since I got mine and so far so good. I still have not called Isuzu Pampanga yet but will do later after the holidays. Definitely, we can visit together and talk about our Troopers. Should you wish to contact me here is my number 09399250621

4. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by leirariel View Post
    Hi Sir Dhon!
    It doesn't matter if the cost of maintaining a trooper hurts our pockets as long as it delivers the best of it, it's ok. BUT if for everyday that you use it with the anxiety killing you, owning one seems like committing a suicide. I was a tad bit late from being a member of Tsikot thus not having learned about the troubles of the 4JX1 engine in the forums earlier. The only thing that makes my worries less is those owners' testimonies about their 'zero problems' since they acquired theirs. It has been close to 5 months now since I got mine and so far so good. I still have not called Isuzu Pampanga yet but will do later after the holidays. Definitely, we can visit together and talk about our Troopers. Should you wish to contact me here is my number 09399250621
    Hi leirariel,

I had the same feeling before when I purchased trooper last Jan 2011 upon reading forum of the horrible issue's of 4jx1 and learned only after I purchased it, that's why I started this thread to ask and seek an opinions and advises for all the trooper gurus out there and believe me, it HELP.. anyway the only problem I encountered in my trooper is when the check engine lit on, and the casa changed the TBS (throttle Body Sensor) for 4th plus I think I don't remember the exact figure and nothing else the trooper is trouble free as of this day almost two years now, I just simply follow the instructions of our trooper gurus that use the oil intended for 4JX1 engine (isuzu econo oil is good) and I enjoy using the trooper. so be it. like what they told me,, our trooper is unique and enjoy it. BTW I am also from Pampanga.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by JhunTrooper View Post
    Hi leirariel,

I had the same feeling before when I purchased trooper last Jan 2011 upon reading forum of the horrible issue's of 4jx1 and learned only after I purchased it, that's why I started this thread to ask and seek an opinions and advises for all the trooper gurus out there and believe me, it HELP.. anyway the only problem I encountered in my trooper is when the check engine lit on, and the casa changed the TBS (throttle Body Sensor) for 4th plus I think I don't remember the exact figure and nothing else the trooper is trouble free as of this day almost two years now, I just simply follow the instructions of our trooper gurus that use the oil intended for 4JX1 engine (isuzu econo oil is good) and I enjoy using the trooper. so be it. like what they told me,, our trooper is unique and enjoy it. BTW I am also from Pampanga.
    Mayapa yka sir maka-Trooper ka WOW! Maka-inggit!

Yan yng target cu canita pa pero i ended up buying D-max's instead.

What is the Isuzu econo oil fit for it based on your experience and as advised by the gurus? Is it the Besco 10W-30 chief?

Thanks at camusta quen Pampanga! Cheers!

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by d_mac View Post

What is the Isuzu econo oil fit for it based on your experience and as advised by the gurus? Is it the Besco 10W-30 chief?

sir isuzu econo oil is different from besco but same 10w-30 na try ko once econo oil sa trooper nagbawas siya ng maybe a half liter of oil when i change oil again...sa basco never siya nagbabawas(oil burning)....

potang misan sir mikit ikit tamu bang a set tane team isuzu pilipinas pampanga chapter...

7. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    [QUOTE=d_mac;2034553][COLOR="#000000"]Mayapa yka sir maka-Trooper ka WOW! Maka-inggit!

Hi d_mac,

Just like sir dh0n quoted, econo oil is cheaper than besco,,, part of it also is the oil filter, pero hindi ko alam na nagbabawas pala ng oil kapag econo oil, maybe need to go back to besco recommended kasi ng casa yung econo parts, but so far wala naman naging problema sa tooper thanks GOD, by the way ofw pala ako so usually si misis ang gumagamit and "ride and go" lang ni hindi man lang nag che-check ng oil or coolant before using the trooper pang hatid sundo sa mga kids in school. OT kung matutuloy EB hopefully dec sana, nasa pinas kasi ako nun vacation he he he. thanks guys.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dh0n View Post
    sir isuzu econo oil is different from besco but same 10w-30 na try ko once econo oil sa trooper nagbawas siya ng maybe a half liter of oil when i change oil again...sa besco never siya nagbabawas(oil burning)....

potang misan sir mikit ikit tamu bang a set tane team isuzu pilipinas pampanga chapter....
    Sir Dhon, have you tried other oils such as fully synthetics instead of semi-synthetic like the Besco 10W-30 for the Trooper? Are they good for the 4JX1-TC engine?

Besco oil is very good because it contains high Total Base Number (TBN) of almost 15 ppm KOH (potassium hydroxide in mg/g), which is important since our diesel fuels here in Philippines contains sulphur anything between 300 ppm to 500 ppm. The product of sulphur in the fuel is sulphur oxidation which is acidic and the only way to neutralise it is using an oil that contains higher alkaline contents (acid-base chemistry of neutralisation per se) such as Besco, and the higher the TBN, the better. But the Besco is also expensive, however, and you have to change it every 5000 km only.... Not quite a good proposition although it's a fact that through time the alkaline or TBN content of the diesel engine oil will reduce due to the continuous filling-up fuel and pressure combusting it inside your engine within your 5000-km mileage mark.

The only one that i see amongst all fully-synthetics that i have used so far that can somehow match Besco's high TBN is Mobil 1 Delvac Gold 5W-40, which contains above 12 ppm. All the rest like the Motul Specific-CRDi 5W-40 and the thicker Torco SDN-5 15W-40 contain less than 10 (8 ppm KOH). I stopped ever since using these two synthetics and stayed with Mobil 1 sir Dhon.

Wa sir, potang mipaintagun avaialble cu miquit tamu Pampanga for the Isuzu Club Pampanga Chapter hehe

Mingat sir.

GOD bless.

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by JhunTrooper View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by d_mac View Post

Hi d_mac,

Just like sir dh0n quoted, econo oil is cheaper than besco,,, part of it also is the oil filter, pero hindi ko alam na nagbabawas pala ng oil kapag econo oil, maybe need to go back to besco recommended kasi ng casa yung econo parts, but so far wala naman naging problema sa tooper thanks GOD,

by the way ofw pala ako so usually si misis ang gumagamit and "ride and go" lang ni hindi man lang nag che-check ng oil or coolant before using the trooper pang hatid sundo sa mga kids in school.

OT kung matutuloy EB hopefully dec sana, nasa pinas kasi ako nun vacation he he he. thanks guys.
    Hahahaha! Lahat naman ng misis walang juido sa maintenance ng sasakyan ....Pero kapag sa bahay usapan, mga repairs or ano man, maliksi sila sa paghingi ng pang-gastos

You must be missing the Trooper 3.0 4JX1-TC! What year model was it?

OFW cu mu rin sir JhunTrooper, pane overseas on different country assignments depending on the projects, although from time-to-time atsu cu Pinas.

Mingat sir and GOD bless!

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    sir d_mac a basa ko pin reng comments mu keng mobil 1 siguru potang misan i try ke ...so far sa pagkakaalam ko for 11years besco oil and twice isuzu econo...

may mga nabasa narin ako sa forum na petron all terrrain 5w-30 oil nagamit din nila sa 4jx1...kung hindi ako nagkakamali mas maganda pa daw result(used oil test dont know the exact term) ng petron all terrain oil sa besco and also ang pagkakaalam ko rin is fully synthetic ang petron all terrain oil...

10. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dh0n View Post
    d_mac a basa ko pin reng comments mu keng mobil 1 siguru potang misan i try ke ...so far sa pagkakaalam ko for 11years besco oil and twice isuzu econo...

may mga nabasa narin ako sa forum na petron all terrrain 5w-30 oil nagamit din nila sa 4jx1...kung hindi ako nagkakamali mas maganda pa daw result(used oil test dont know the exact term) ng petron all terrain oil sa besco and also ang pagkakaalam ko rin is fully synthetic ang petron all terrain oil...
    WOW thanks heaps chief Dhon for the tip!

Sounds like the oil i need to test come change-oil time. Look at that TBN - 16.0 ppm KOH WOW!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jackaroo View Post
    Used Petron 5w30 all terrain oil sample from 3.0TD trooper (mileage of 38k kms) after 5000kms use, tested last 11 march 2003.
    Test results:
    KV at 40C 63.12
    KV at 100C 10.47
    Visc index 155
    TBN, mg 14.1
    Pentane insolubles,% 0.09

1) Viscosity decreased slightly from 74.3 at 40C and 12.06 at 100C when new, still within a 5w30/ 10w30 spec. Visc index still high as expected from a full synth oil.
    2) TBN- from 16 new- only decreased to 14.1 which means high retention of detergent/dispersant additives so better protection from engine wear and bearing corrosion. Normal oils may see TBN halved after 5k kms.
    3) Pentane insolubles measure dirt, dust, metals in oil that wasn't trapped by oil filter. Indicates quality/ life of oil and air filters, engine wear. A safe/ max limit of 2.0% so result of 0.09% is a long way off.

Based on these results, IMO, the oil is good for another 5000 kms use but may opt to change oil after 7k km. Looks like a good oil for the 3.0TD trooper! :D
    Thanks much also to Mr. Jackaroo - really appreciated
    Obviously he got his name from the Trooper version in Oz, Holden Jackaroo hehe....

Cheers!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Trooper LS 2002 4JX1 TC-problem latest news?