New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Thanks again Gti, we're fueling our trooper in SEA OIL, is there diesel ok for this engine? so far I didn't see abnormalities if power and acceleration is concern. what is the new about Euro 4 of unioil compare to sea oil or other diesel stations?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    It's normal. Pero pag malinis air filter mo, very minimal smoke.

Petron Turbo diesel pala gamit ko.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Yes, we also use Seaoil diesel due to the lower price. Does anyone know which of the Unioil stations sell the Euro 4 spec diesel already?

4. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by JhunTrooper View Post
    Hi everyone,

Im newbie in this forum, kaka-registered kolang, i recently bought a trooper 2002 model LS with 4jx1 TC engine, nabasa ko ang mga thread dito and I started to get worried about my trooper, Jan 3 2011 nung mabili ko sa isang private dealer, the car condition is great, actually nasubukan konarin in uphill sa Mt. Samat without todo apak sa pedal i can feel talaga ang power nya and working great,,, yet till i read about the horrible issue and the recall of 4jx1,. my question is, untill now ba may problema parin yung injector or any other problems? inspite of the fact na 2002 pa yung year ng trooper so i just thinking na baka yung 1st owner ay na ipaayos na dun sa recall yung mga dapat na palitan/ayusin. yung kasing dealer wala sa kanya yung maintenance record so no idea ako.

Anybody can make comments are verymuch welcome, thanks...
    With 10 years still in good running condition. It only shows the car is reliable basta wel maintained lang at sa casa
    mo pa service every 5T KM. 4jx1 engine is computerized with all the sensors attached to it. Welcome to the T Club.

ron

5. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by JhunTrooper View Post
    Thanks GTi for sharing me your experienced about your trooper and for the advised as well, what about during the deep pressing the gas pedal or sudden hard press on it i found a noticeable black smoke from the exhaust but other than that its normal smoke, a mechanic told me it is a normal for a diesel engine car especially isuzu engine,,, but I am still seeking an answer from you guys,,, thanks again in advance.
    That is normal due to turbo lug once the RPM goes up black smoke will disappear. Don't worry BLACK SMOKE means
    POWER!!!!! for diesel engines.. it will leave all vehicles behind eating dust & smoke. Hehehe peace...

ron

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Mine is a 2003 local Trooper Skyroof Edition, first owner and mileage is 70k. Purchased in Oct 2002, it's still in A1 condition. As for the black smoke, i guess normal na yan sa 4JX1 engines. As early as the first year ng trooper ko hanggang ngayon, black smoke pa rin.. Frankly di ko pa rin alam kung ano ba talaga cause nyan. Minsan lang nakakahiya, biglang apak mo sa gas, lalabas yung maitim na usok halos ma invisible yung nakasunod sayo..

My experience with Isuzu Trooper:

2004- sometime in that year, biglang tumirik sa daan and was completely dead. It happened hours after carwash. Pinapunta ko warranty technician sa bahay at diagnose ng tech 2, di mabasa ang ibang injectors. Alam na kaagad ng tech na grounded ang ECU at sinabing meron daw silang information campaign na bawal ang engine wash sa mga skyroof trooper. Most likely daw warranty will be voided and ECU costs, if i'm not mistaken, more than 80k pesos. Kako ikaw na bahala mag defend sa case ko. After 2 weeks, my tooper was up and running. I spent 5k pesos..

2005- had an accident wherein a PUJ (Sarao) smashed the front grille. buti nalang the radiator was spared. Isuzu charged my insurance a whopping 54,000 pesos for the billet chrome grill..

- same year, it was my first time to breach 180km/h with this car.. During those years (2000-2004) ang bilis talaga ng trooper. It had a league of its own.. In my experience, a Pajero Fieldmaster or a Nissan Patrol Diesel trying to overtake, hanggang nasa tabi mo sya, at bigla mong iwanan!

2006- Trooper ng cousin pinsan ko (Skyroof Ed) was one of the early victims of the 4JX1 lemons. Na experience ko firsthand yung loss of power, kahit anong apak mo sa gas, hanggang 105kph lang kaya nya.. Same experience with other victims, the casa cannot give a definite explanation on what's happening to the car. First impression given by the shop was a damaged catalytic converter, kasi napasukan daw ng tubig yung tambutso as confirmed by my pinsan. Tinanggal ang catalytic converter, still no improvement in power. Hanggang sa pinalitan ng set injectors, my cousin shelled out 80k pesos. About the same time i saw the protest of Dr. Chua here in tsikot, from then on i started to cross my fingers on my own trooper.. That time i had a hard time convincing my cousin that our cars are lemon, since he was convinced that the engine oil they had has something to do with the problem..

2008- Isuzu CDO sent me letter they have a service campaign offering to replace the injectors for free. They replaced mine a month after..

2010- The auto-retractable antenna won't fully go back to its original position.

2011- Replaced busted bulbs on Park lights and backup lights. Fixed the horn wiring (grounded)..

- Fixed the oil leak on the rear differential by fabricating a gasket (the original factory setup had none).

- In June 2011, Isuzu sent an announcement of a new service campaign regarding the defective Throttle Positioning Sensor replacement for free. Mine was done last October.. I don't know what that gadget is for..

2012- Lately i notice an intermittent flashing of the hazard lights all by itself without turning on the button. It happens every time i'm on a long, high speed driving, and the road is uneven (potholes, road cracks, gravel roads)..
    The higher the speed of the car, plus the more obstacles on the road, the more frequent it happens.. Ano kaya to?

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Wow~ Glad that someone here isn't bitter about his 4JX1 Trooper. Kumusta ang usok mo ngayon, bro? When we had ours tuwing takeoff or kapag nagstart humataw ng bigatin there was some visible smoke but which goes away a few seconds later. But when we sold it to a family friend at nung kinamusta ko yung Trooper, sabi ang tindi daw ng usok kahit kailan! At nakita ko nga at nagtaka ako kung bakit nung sa amin hindi naman ganon katindi. Any such experience? And have you replaced anything else besides the injectors and TPS?

That is odd... For the entire eight years our Trooper was with us, I have never seen something like that. But I'm sure it's nothing more than an electrical glitch, not something your car electrician shouldn't be able to fix. Perhaps some wire was frayed or disconnected or dirty.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    intermittent flashing of hazard lights? pa check mo lang yung switch/sensors sa apat na side door sa likod at saka sa
    front hood pa check na rin wiring. baka lost contact lang o no contact.

ron

9. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by duramax_994 View Post
    Mine is a 2003 local Trooper Skyroof Edition, first owner and mileage is 70k. Purchased in Oct 2002, it's still in A1 condition. As for the black smoke, i guess normal na yan sa 4JX1 engines. As early as the first year ng trooper ko hanggang ngayon, black smoke pa rin.. Frankly di ko pa rin alam kung ano ba talaga cause nyan. Minsan lang nakakahiya, biglang apak mo sa gas, lalabas yung maitim na usok halos ma invisible yung nakasunod sayo..

My experience with Isuzu Trooper:

2004- sometime in that year, biglang tumirik sa daan and was completely dead. It happened hours after carwash. Pinapunta ko warranty technician sa bahay at diagnose ng tech 2, di mabasa ang ibang injectors. Alam na kaagad ng tech na grounded ang ECU at sinabing meron daw silang information campaign na bawal ang engine wash sa mga skyroof trooper. Most likely daw warranty will be voided and ECU costs, if i'm not mistaken, more than 80k pesos. Kako ikaw na bahala mag defend sa case ko. After 2 weeks, my tooper was up and running. I spent 5k pesos..

2005- had an accident wherein a PUJ (Sarao) smashed the front grille. buti nalang the radiator was spared. Isuzu charged my insurance a whopping 54,000 pesos for the billet chrome grill..

- same year, it was my first time to breach 180km/h with this car.. During those years (2000-2004) ang bilis talaga ng trooper. It had a league of its own.. In my experience, a Pajero Fieldmaster or a Nissan Patrol Diesel trying to overtake, hanggang nasa tabi mo sya, at bigla mong iwanan!

2006- Trooper ng cousin pinsan ko (Skyroof Ed) was one of the early victims of the 4JX1 lemons. Na experience ko firsthand yung loss of power, kahit anong apak mo sa gas, hanggang 105kph lang kaya nya.. Same experience with other victims, the casa cannot give a definite explanation on what's happening to the car. First impression given by the shop was a damaged catalytic converter, kasi napasukan daw ng tubig yung tambutso as confirmed by my pinsan. Tinanggal ang catalytic converter, still no improvement in power. Hanggang sa pinalitan ng set injectors, my cousin shelled out 80k pesos. About the same time i saw the protest of Dr. Chua here in tsikot, from then on i started to cross my fingers on my own trooper.. That time i had a hard time convincing my cousin that our cars are lemon, since he was convinced that the engine oil they had has something to do with the problem..

2008- Isuzu CDO sent me letter they have a service campaign offering to replace the injectors for free. They replaced mine a month after..

2010- The auto-retractable antenna won't fully go back to its original position.

2011- Replaced busted bulbs on Park lights and backup lights. Fixed the horn wiring (grounded)..

- Fixed the oil leak on the rear differential by fabricating a gasket (the original factory setup had none).

- In June 2011, Isuzu sent an announcement of a new service campaign regarding the defective Throttle Positioning Sensor replacement for free. Mine was done last October.. I don't know what that gadget is for..

2012- Lately i notice an intermittent flashing of the hazard lights all by itself without turning on the button. It happens every time i'm on a long, high speed driving, and the road is uneven (potholes, road cracks, gravel roads)..
    The higher the speed of the car, plus the more obstacles on the road, the more frequent it happens.. Ano kaya to?
    pa check mo lang door switch/sensors 4 side doors, 1 back door, 1 front hood. maybe lost contact or no-contact

10. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Wow~ Glad that someone here isn't bitter about his 4JX1 Trooper. Kumusta ang usok mo ngayon, bro? When we had ours tuwing takeoff or kapag nagstart humataw ng bigatin there was some visible smoke but which goes away a few seconds later. But when we sold it to a family friend at nung kinamusta ko yung Trooper, sabi ang tindi daw ng usok kahit kailan! At nakita ko nga at nagtaka ako kung bakit nung sa amin hindi naman ganon katindi. Any such experience? And have you replaced anything else besides the injectors and TPS?

That is odd... For the entire eight years our Trooper was with us, I have never seen something like that. But I'm sure it's nothing more than an electrical glitch, not something your car electrician shouldn't be able to fix. Perhaps some wire was frayed or disconnected or dirty.
    Pa check lang OIL level yung 10w-30 na oil gamitin. pa clean Air filter, throttle at Oxygen sensor. pa check din injectors.
    sa CASA mo pa tingin. Kasi computerize ang 4JX1 engine kailangan ng expert.

ron

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Trooper LS 2002 4JX1 TC-problem latest news?