New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Hello everyone,

Am thinking of buying a local trooper with a 4JG2 engine - '96 - '98 is that correct? I really wanted the 4JX1 body but the headaches many of you shared in this forum doesn't seem to be worth it. Can you please share to me your thoughts on how the 4GJ2 compares against a Pajero gen2 & gen2.5 and Patrol Safari in terms of ride, comfort, driving position, leg room, interior trim, parking ease, performance on rough roads (like sagada or baler for instance), A/C, price and availability of parts, parking & driving ease, availability of surplus parts, and fuel consumption of an M/T and A/T in the city and the highway. People tell me parts are so expensive, hard to find and that it eats so much diesel. Does this model have any problem spots? Whats the going price of these models? Hope to hear from you. Thanks

2. Join Date
    May 2004
    4jg2 is up to 99. meron pa yatang 00 na binenta sa pampanga. 99 up 4jg2 is the same as the 4jx1 trooper body minus the fender flares. it is ifs front and coil rear almost same as the pajero while the safari is coil front and rear. it is comfortable to drive with lot of legroom compared to safari(due to lower ground clearance compared sa safari. there are no AT local 4jg2 trooper. jdm lang me lumabas na AT 4jg2. fuel consumption is roughly 8km/liter. parts are not that expensive unless original lagi gagamitin mo. walco and jaysons dami piyesa. 99 up i approx 500k. 98 below mas mababa syempre.hth.:D

3. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Thank you for the advice niwde11. The 99 sounds perfect. I really like the newer body and really like the older engine. Pwede nako sa replacements. Where is wlaco and jaysons sir? May contact numbers po ba kayo?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Are you sure of that 8kms/L ? hi-way po ba yan. Thats a 3.1 non-direct injection turbo intercooled engine, My 2.8 tdi pajero does around only 6 in the city. Oh add mo pa jetco sa parts distibutor ng Isuzu.

Quote Originally Posted by niwde11 View Post
    4jg2 is up to 99. meron pa yatang 00 na binenta sa pampanga. 99 up 4jg2 is the same as the 4jx1 trooper body minus the fender flares. it is ifs front and coil rear almost same as the pajero while the safari is coil front and rear. it is comfortable to drive with lot of legroom compared to safari(due to lower ground clearance compared sa safari. there are no AT local 4jg2 trooper. jdm lang me lumabas na AT 4jg2. fuel consumption is roughly 8km/liter. parts are not that expensive unless original lagi gagamitin mo. walco and jaysons dami piyesa. 99 up i approx 500k. 98 below mas mababa syempre.hth.:D

5. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_gambit View Post
    Are you sure of that 8kms/L ? hi-way po ba yan. Thats a 3.1 non-direct injection turbo intercooled engine, My 2.8 tdi pajero does around only 6 in the city. Oh add mo pa jetco sa parts distibutor ng Isuzu.
    roughly lang yun. dont estimate that much. baka natyempo lang na highway ako madalas at that time. me charging kasi ako ng km consumed ko. calculated now almost 7km/liter lately. afaik medyo matipid talaga isuzu kaya gusto ng mga puj.:D even my rover fanatic friend natitipiran dito.

6. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanrider88 View Post
    Thank you for the advice niwde11. The 99 sounds perfect. I really like the newer body and really like the older engine. Pwede nako sa replacements. Where is wlaco and jaysons sir? May contact numbers po ba kayo?
    nasa yellow pages yata yan. try mo rin search dito sa thread. walco is in banawe while jaysons ay sa binondo

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_gambit View Post
    Sir, saan ang Jetco?Thank You.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Got it sa directory.
    Jetco Motor Sales
    1156 C.M. Recto Ave. Manila

9. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niwde11 View Post
    roughly lang yun. dont estimate that much. baka natyempo lang na highway ako madalas at that time. me charging kasi ako ng km consumed ko. calculated now almost 7km/liter lately. afaik medyo matipid talaga isuzu kaya gusto ng mga puj.:D even my rover fanatic friend natitipiran dito.
    the 7km/l is for a 4JG2 matic or manual? Is the 4JX1 more fuel efficient? is the 99 model a 4x2 or a 4x4? Matic or manual?

For the trooper owners, ano ang madalas masira sa trooper niyo?

May trooper club ba?

10. Join Date
    May 2004
    walang matic na 4jg2 local trooper. 4jx1 is more fuel efficient and definitely more powerful. all 4jg2 local is 4x4. sa 4jx1 lang me lumabas na 4x2.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Trooper 4JG2 help please