New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Hi Everyone! I posted this same message in another thread. So if i have violated some forum rules I'd like to apologize in advance.

May problema ako sa isuzu trooper ko palitin din ang cylinder head nandun pa ngayon sa Isuzu Pasig. After reading tons of PMs on this forum for the past two days and learning about our memeber's experiences I'm getting more frustrated.

It's a typical problem. Nagmix ang fuel and coolant. They have replaced the injectors and many times pinalitan na rin ang o-rings so wala nang pagtuturuan kundi yung cylinder head na dapat palitan because of a crack DAW. However hindi ito covered ng warranty altho imho the head might have been damage bec of the injector failure. I tried claiming for warranty but isuzu can only do injector replacements.

So here i am nagiisip kung papalitan ko pa ang cylinder head. I have several options in mind. gusto ko sana humingi ng opinion ninyo. They are the following:

1. Buy an aftermarket cyclinder head from Europe which cost 35k including shipping. kasama na din and gaskets and bolts. The only question is magkano ang sisngilin sakin ng customs kung maharang man. Buying an original head is not an option sobrang mahal kasi.
    2. Someone is offering to buy the trooper "as is" at 300k. Should i just sell it?
    3. Palitan ng engine and convert to the older type 4jg2 pero as I've learned from other posts, magiging manual siya. Altho i haven't read any posts confirming that this was successfully done.

Got worried when i read a member's (Baby Scar) last post on another thread when he mentioned that his trooper continued to show problems after replacing the heads. And nakakainis, magtututuro ng kung ano anong parts na dapat palitan ang casa. I figured the same thing can happen to my trooper. Ibenta ko na kaya?

Talagang mabigat sa bulsa. thanks in advance for your suggestions.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Question is, are you willing to sell it ? FYI. 300k for a 2002 Trooper is VERY cheap. Market price for that trooper model nowadays is at 550K up.

Maybe you should try advertising your vehicle first in the internet and price it at 500K. For sure many will be interested with your vehicle. But please, don't hide the problems to your buyers ... be honest.

I just find the 300K too low. Unless your trooper has been flooded.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Question is, are you willing to sell it ? FYI. 300k for a 2002 Trooper is VERY cheap. Market price for that trooper model nowadays is at 550K up.

Maybe you should try advertising your vehicle first in the internet and price it at 500K. For sure many will be interested with your vehicle. But please, don't hide the problems to your buyers ... be honest.

Take into consideration palyado engine.

IMO, parang puso ng tao yan---pag ito bumigay---iba na usapan.

Fortunately, a vehicle is not irreplaceable. Time to disengaged.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Why not get a 3rd party shop to take a look at your trooper?

The casa will only do so much and cost you a lot in parts and labor. You can get the same or better service outside the "casa".

You can try contacting SPEEDLAB or SPEEDYFIX if they can help you.

http://www.speedlab.com.ph/contact.php

http://www.speedyfixph.com/

5. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post

Thanks! I'm giving myself another week to decide if i'll sell my trooper or not. thanks for your suggestion. that's exactly what i'll do. Hay.... frankly, i really love my trooper. it's the best damn vehicle i've ever had. power, reliablity sa offroad situations, baha etc... in fact this is my 2nd trooper. my first one was carjacked in 2005.....kaya nga lang eto... hehe

6. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Why not get a 3rd party shop to take a look at your trooper?

The casa will only do so much and cost you a lot in parts and labor. You can get the same or better service outside the "casa".

You can try contacting SPEEDLAB or SPEEDYFIX if they can help you.

http://www.speedlab.com.ph/contact.php

http://www.speedyfixph.com/
    I called speedlab a few minutes ago and they gave me some suggestions. i'll go there later sa quezon ave. thanks.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post
    Take into consideration palyado engine.

IMO, parang puso ng tao yan---pag ito bumigay---iba na usapan.

Fortunately, a vehicle is not irreplaceable. Time to disengaged.
    Totoo yan sir... my wife said the same thing... naaawa na rin siya sakin eh... hehe (baka ako ang disengaged niya pag hindi ko tinigilan to... hehe) as i've said i'm giving myself just a few days to decide. Many thanks...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dsdelacruz1 View Post
    Hi Everyone! I posted this same message in another thread. So if i have violated some forum rules I'd like to apologize in advance.

May problema ako sa isuzu trooper ko palitin din ang cylinder head nandun pa ngayon sa Isuzu Pasig. After reading tons of PMs on this forum for the past two days and learning about our memeber's experiences I'm getting more frustrated.

It's a typical problem. Nagmix ang fuel and coolant. They have replaced the injectors and many times pinalitan na rin ang o-rings so wala nang pagtuturuan kundi yung cylinder head na dapat palitan because of a crack DAW. However hindi ito covered ng warranty altho imho the head might have been damage bec of the injector failure. I tried claiming for warranty but isuzu can only do injector replacements.

So here i am nagiisip kung papalitan ko pa ang cylinder head. I have several options in mind. gusto ko sana humingi ng opinion ninyo. They are the following:

1. Buy an aftermarket cyclinder head from Europe which cost 35k including shipping. kasama na din and gaskets and bolts. The only question is magkano ang sisngilin sakin ng customs kung maharang man. Buying an original head is not an option sobrang mahal kasi.
    2. Someone is offering to buy the trooper "as is" at 300k. Should i just sell it?
    3. Palitan ng engine and convert to the older type 4jg2 pero as I've learned from other posts, magiging manual siya. Altho i haven't read any posts confirming that this was successfully done.

Got worried when i read a member's (Baby Scar) last post on another thread when he mentioned that his trooper continued to show problems after replacing the heads. And nakakainis, magtututuro ng kung ano anong parts na dapat palitan ang casa. I figured the same thing can happen to my trooper. Ibenta ko na kaya?

Talagang mabigat sa bulsa. thanks in advance for your suggestions.

i have the breakdown that i spent for the 2003 cylinder head and other parts

Cylinder and other Parts = 330,000 (Cylinder Head = 190,000)
    Labor = 20,000

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    if the only problem is the engine and nothing else, I'd go with an engine transplant. Just make sure your getting a good unit, why would you lose the automatic transmission? kaya naman ng 4jg2-tc yung auto tranny ah? Ang dami kaya japan surplus na bighorn na 4jg2-tc with auto tranny...

Mahina lang siguro mechanic nila kaya di ma retain yung A/t hehehe

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by baby_scar View Post
    i have the breakdown that i spent for the 2003 cylinder head and other parts

Cylinder and other Parts = 330,000 (Cylinder Head = 190,000)
    Labor = 20,000
    gumastos ka na ng ganyan sir? lintek ang mahal na.

saang casa ka nagpagawa?

ako kasi labor at misc repairs lang binayaran ko nung tinopak yung Trooper ko. tapos once lang nangyari yun. 20K kms na yung tinatakbo ng new engine nya

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Should I sell my Trooper 2002 - Please Help!