New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Maganda talaga kung sa maganda ang trooper, kaso kung moneypit na siya, IMO cut your losses, somewhere out there is a perfect vehicle waiting for you. Although minsan kahit sakit na sa ulo kung mahal mo talaga hahamakin ang lahat masunod ka lamang Parang pang chicks ata yun ah.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I have had my Trooper since 2005 and I admit having replaced the injectors (free since under warranty) around 19k mileage. 105k mileage after (present) and no such problem occured.

Yes, the Trooper is a nice, dependable SUV. I sure hope you find a solution (with reasonable repair cost) and continue to own such a reliable vehicle.

Good luck!

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post
    I have had my Trooper since 2005 and I admit having replaced the injectors (free since under warranty) around 19k mileage. 105k mileage after (present) and no such problem occured.

Yes, the Trooper is a nice, dependable SUV. I sure hope you find a solution (with reasonable repair cost) and continue to own such a reliable vehicle.

Good luck!
    di pala nagkakalayo mileage ng Trooper natin 147K na sa akin. 134K bumigay yung injectors. baliktad pala nangyari sa atin, sayo bago pa bumigay na. sa akin nalaspag na tsaka bumigay.

tama ka talagang dependable SUV yung Trooper. Kahit 4X2 lang kahit saan mo dalahin ayos parin.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    di pala nagkakalayo mileage ng Trooper natin 147K na sa akin. 134K bumigay yung injectors. baliktad pala nangyari sa atin, sayo bago pa bumigay na. sa akin nalaspag na tsaka bumigay.

tama ka talagang dependable SUV yung Trooper. Kahit 4X2 lang kahit saan mo dalahin ayos parin.
    Going OT I know, but I agree with you. Basta CASA maintained all the way Trooper mo, you need not have to worry --- ika nga sa isang old commercial (forgot the name) NAKASANDAL KA SA PADER!

Taking the chance, sa mga Trooper-peeps diyan, change you radiator coolant every 20,000 kms with ISUZU LLC (Long Life Coolant) and LLC alone. The cost of 6-7 liters is waaaayyy cheaper than a busted O-Ring/cylinder head.

Nuff said.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    Maganda talaga kung sa maganda ang trooper, kaso kung moneypit na siya, IMO cut your losses, somewhere out there is a perfect vehicle waiting for you. Although minsan kahit sakit na sa ulo kung mahal mo talaga hahamakin ang lahat masunod ka lamang Parang pang chicks ata yun ah.
    tama ka dyan sir... parang girlfriend na maluho na hindi madispatsa kasi sobrang seksi at okay ang PERFORMANCE!!! HIGH MAINTENANCE ika nga.....hehe

if you think about it... that's kind of mentality that trooper owners should have... it's an excellent vehicle to own but you simply have to accept it's maintenance demands... frequent oil change, regular o-ring replacements, regular checking of of all fluid levels, and the COOLANT!!! hehe

6. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by baby_scar View Post
    i have the breakdown that i spent for the 2003 cylinder head and other parts

Cylinder and other Parts = 330,000 (Cylinder Head = 190,000)
    Labor = 20,000
    baby_scar: but after you replaced the heads etc... tumakbo ba ng maayos?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    "cut your losses". I do not say that the car is no good. But the model you have had "not so good reviews" when it hit the market.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kuyabanoy View Post
    "cut your losses". I do not say that the car is no good. But the model you have had "not so good reviews" when it hit the market.
    Your statement sounds one and the same to me......

9. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    As I've mentioned earlier, I found an aftermarket cyclinder head dealer sa UK. Does anyone know about this? Isuzu is now asking their counterparts in Europe regarding this pero wala pa kong feedback.

Kung may alam naman yung mga members natin dito please share them... thanks

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dsdelacruz1 View Post
    As I've mentioned earlier, I found an aftermarket cyclinder head dealer sa UK. Does anyone know about this? Isuzu is now asking their counterparts in Europe regarding this pero wala pa kong feedback.

Kung may alam naman yung mga members natin dito please share them... thanks
    Please post website of dealer. I could ask my friend in Paris to verify quality and availability.

I say you really like your trooper.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Should I sell my Trooper 2002 - Please Help!