New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I have a dmax and I just had the break pads replaced with bendix brand new. Ang ingay pa rin pag pumreno. Masakit sa tenga. Is there something wrong with the pads? Need help guys! TIA

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Can you further elaborate?

Disc Brakes are known to squeal normally when the brakes are applied.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    It squeaks, squeals. Just like an indication that you should have your pads replaced. But it's brand new. The squeal is high pitch esp when your breaking from 10/20km/hr

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    What pads did you use? Brake pad compound might not be compatible with disc surface and could cause squealing. Have the disc surface cleaned properly, and the pad surface that contacts the disc surface, cleaned as well for any possible dirt that might have been trapped. Then apply anti-squeal paste on the SIDE and BACK part of the pads. The paste on the side prevents the squeal when the pads move within its slot, and the paste on the back does the same for the piston and shim.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Bendix with titanium.
    I'll have it checked

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Any update on your brakes rdboy?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Went to Manila and then when I got home, nawala na yung ingay. It's been a week now pero di pa rin bumabalik. I don't know why it suddenly disappeared. Thanks for the suggestions! But I'll have it checked still. Nag pa break in lang yata yung pads. Hehe

8. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rdboy View Post
    Went to Manila and then when I got home, nawala na yung ingay. It's been a week now pero di pa rin bumabalik. I don't know why it suddenly disappeared. Thanks for the suggestions! But I'll have it checked still. Nag pa break in lang yata yung pads. Hehe
    Ah yes, this case is evident on newly-replaced pads. Ika nga e, "getting to know each other" stage yung pads and disc. Hehehe!

problems when braking