New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I recently had my tires inflated with Nitrogen. Same PSI with the ordinary air my tires were inflated with before (28PSI). Mas tumagtag sya compared sa ordinary air. I thought the nitrogen machine was just not calibrated. So I went t another shop to have my PSI checked. Same banana. Matagtag pa rin. I'm wondering if my Alterra tires are not suitable with Nitro. I'm putting back ordinary air tom. I'm missing my Alterra's smooth ride. Have you guys experienced this as well?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Why not try reducing the pressure? ... it could be the difference in gauges that is making the difference.

The pressure gauge for air might be reading different from the gauges reading the pressure of nitrogen.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    for me, there's no difference between compressed air and nitrogen in my tires regarding ride quality. the only positive(or negative: katamaran) i can using nitro is i dont have to check my tire pressure frequently.

get a reputable tire gauge, wag yung sa mga vulc. shop. wag yung parang stick na lumalabas.

try to check this thread.

Nitrogen for Tires [Merged]

Nitrogen doesn't work for me