New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    innocent question: didn't the sportivo variant just appear in 2006? i think, i may be wrong, the xuvi variant became known as sportivo only in 2006. it was known as xuvi 2005 and below. is this true or not?

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    You might want to consider a Strada GL, sells for 800T+. Better engine and it's brand new.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlyone View Post
    innocent question: didn't the sportivo variant just appear in 2006? i think, i may be wrong, the xuvi variant became known as sportivo only in 2006. it was known as xuvi 2005 and below. is this true or not?
    Sportivo was first introduced in 2005. If there was an XUVi sold in 2005, mga tira na lang yun kasi Sportivo ang pumalit dun.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post
    Sportivo was first introduced in 2005. If there was an XUVi sold in 2005, mga tira na lang yun kasi Sportivo ang pumalit dun.
    Yes, agree ako dyan...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Update: Just talked to the owner, nakikipagtawaran ako but he won't budge on the P710k price tag. It was originally higher when he first offered it to me. He informed me that the apparatus for the alarm has been removed that's why the remote and alarm is no longer working. He also told me that the windshield has a very miniscule crack, very small that you can hardly notice it and he will have it cured pa (laser-cure daw, sorry for my ignorance - any comments about this?). Sabi niya, that's the fairly going rate.

All things being equal, which in this world is just but a dream, i'd accept na. But it's just me, and i would love to hear from auto-enthusiasts about this.

Thanks in advance.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    2006 model with 57k on the clock and with a manual at 710k? Try looking up sulit.com.ph, there are '06 Sportivo M/Ts there selling for less than 700k. For that kind of money, there are lots of other cars to consider as well, for instance, 2nd hand 2008 Innova G's sell for pretty much the same price.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    are you after the sportivo talaga or just want to own a 2nd hand vehicle? coz sa price ata ng 700+ e may mga brand new na so konting dagdag na lang talaga...

kung medyo auv types may brand new na ata sa 700+ na adventure...
    or you can opt for vios, lancer, or maybe fiesta...konting dagdag na lang talaga yan brand new pa at least ala ka problema sa maintenance for 5 yrs unlike 2nd hand vehicles...

just my .02 ...

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    deym sold my sportivo with the same model last year for 550K manual casa maintained 30 something km reading at that time.

Well, maybe TS needs a car that can haul a big family, thats why he is lock on to the Sportivo. Previous posters advice are really true with that price add a little bit and you'll be driving home a brand new car. If the sportivo is really you're eyeing then you may go for it. Check first again the classified adds and you may find a little bit better offer compared to that one, at kung wala then sige fire na yan.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    IMO, a "fresh" 2nd-hand Sportivo is better than brand-new lower variant Adventure.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post
    IMO, a "fresh" 2nd-hand Sportivo is better than brand-new lower variant Adventure.
    i was just pointing out the difference of a brand new over a second hand regardless of what brand...no one beats a brand new any vehicle over the maintenance cost ng 2nd hand vehicle...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast