New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by hinDMaxsiado View Post
    Now chief, if you are looking into say about PhP1.5 M for a family car, get the 2.2-litre Hyundai Santa Fe eVGT(197 metric-hp, 435 Nm torque) ---- It is simply one of the best, together with the 2.2-litre Kia Sorento eVGT.
    SOrry for OT - but a Japanese engineer who came to the plant where I work drove a 2011 Sorento Diesel (eVGT?) and he was really impressed with its performance. Road to the plant is through winding mountainous 17degree inclines and he loved it.. says a lot, coming from a Japanese.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    [QUOTE=joeyboy2kiko;1713096]To all,

Same tanong ko rin po ung title ng thread na to.

Plano kasi namin kumuha ng utol ko ng crosswind, Pang pamilya, maporma, fuel efficient kasi ang hanap namin.

Coming from a very small kia pride, we decided its time to have a big family SUV.

Before XT ang target nmin, ngayon XUV na kasi ung Bnew diff. ng XT at XUV eh 150K na lang. Mas maporma kasi tindig ng XUV kaya target locked na kami dun.

Below are questions;

-Better bang bumili ng Bnew kesa used? - Definitely BRAND NEW

-High DP for low monthly or Low DP for High Monthly? - it would depend on the payee's capacity to pay. If you are particular on the amount of monthly amortization then you'll have to compute backwards based on the desired monthly. The same principle applies if limited naman pang d/p mo but flexible on the monthly. Bottomline is, both cannot be one and the same.

-Add-on to a new vehicle will spoil the warranty? (like if mag pa install ako ng Subs sa labas) - Generally speaking YES but IMHO, some "upgrades" may get away from warranty being void. And sure na void would be drilling on body panels and tapping (particularly splicing) electrical stuff on OEM wiring.

-Any other options than crosswind xuv/mt with same price range? - Hmmm, I'll let others chime in here. For sure, there are a good number of other choices out there. Depende na lang din sa priorities mo (looked for) in a vehicle.

-Pwede kayang ipa modify ung Sportivo para maging front facing din ang 3rd row seats, para sana dumami din passenger capacity? - Huh? Sportivos are ALREADY equipped with 3rd row front facing seats.

Pasensya na sa mga tanong ko, kuya ko kasi talaga mahilig sa sasakyan, PC kasi talaga hilig kong kalikutin eh.

[QUOTE=joeyboy2kiko;1713104]additional tanong po,

Yes pag dating sa porma panalo talaga XUV, Pero pag dating sa Makina, Ano po comparison ng Crosswind sa Innova at advie? - Innova would have an edge in terms of engine tech but Crosswind/Adventure would have an edge on cheaper maintenance.

.... but the Crosswind would have an edge in engine durability.

Hope this helps and good luck!

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kenchi himura View Post
    ask ko lang po kung totoo po bang matagtag pa din ang xwind ngaun kahit na may flexi ride sya and may nabasa din po akong forum saying that xwind daw po ang top sa smoke belching

thanks plan ko po kasi buy ng xwind xt or xti next month
    Sa tagtag, yes....esp compared to sedans.

Sa smoke belching, lesser na compared to old Crosswind models most likely due to the low-charge turbo installed on most models in the last few years.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyboy2kiko View Post
    To all,

Same tanong ko rin po ung title ng thread na to.

Plano kasi namin kumuha ng utol ko ng crosswind, Pang pamilya, maporma, fuel efficient kasi ang hanap namin.

Coming from a very small kia pride, we decided its time to have a big family SUV.

Before XT ang target nmin, ngayon XUV na kasi ung Bnew diff. ng XT at XUV eh 150K na lang. Mas maporma kasi tindig ng XUV kaya target locked na kami dun.

Below are questions;

-Better bang bumili ng Bnew kesa used?

-High DP for low monthly or Low DP for High Monthly?

-Add-on to a new vehicle will spoil the warranty? (like if mag pa install ako ng Subs sa labas)

-Any other options than crosswind xuv/mt with same price range?

-Pwede kayang ipa modify ung Sportivo para maging front facing din ang 3rd row seats, para sana dumami din passenger capacity?

Pasensya na sa mga tanong ko, kuya ko kasi talaga mahilig sa sasakyan, PC kasi talaga hilig kong kalikutin eh ;-D

I say get a used Crosswind XUV or Sportivo, you'll save a lot of money and still get the same engine durability and FC. I know nothing beats brand new but you're still getting the same old engine, body and everything. There's a lot of Sportivo/Crosswind XUV on sale.. just look around.. you may get it for 600-750k a lot of savings for me compared to buying a 1M+ xuv or sportivo.

just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by TholitzReloaded; April 3rd, 2011 at 05:19 PM.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post
    Sa tagtag, yes....esp compared to sedans.

Sa smoke belching, lesser na compared to old Crosswind models most likely due to the low-charge turbo installed on most models in the last few years.
    Puede pang mabawasan ng kaunti chief ang usok ng Crosswind by using Mobil Delvac Gold diesel engine oil.... Aside from this, there's still another benefit, as follows:

Whichever is available, been using either Motul Specific-CRDi 5W-40, Torco 15W-40 SD-5, and Mobil Delvac Gold 5W-40 for the 2008 DMax Ddi-iTEQ. I get them from Isuzu Commonwealth. My top-pick amongst these fully-synthetic lines is the Mobil Delvac because it has the highest TBN (total base no) of 12 compared to the other two.

The good thing about high-TBN is better protection from the effects of our current high-sulphur diesel fuel in Philippines, containing between 300 ppm to 500 ppm sulphur....
    ---- high sulphur oxidation promotes acidic condition inside the engine, that's why it's always better for our diesel-fed vehicles to use engine oils that have high-base contents to achieve better acid-base neutralisation....

6. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    *Benzmizer

Thanks po sa mga sagot...

About sa 3rd row seat ng sportivo, I mean pede kayang gawing side facing ito para mas marami ang makakasakay?

TIA

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    *Benzmizer

About sa 3rd row seat ng sportivo, I mean pede kayang gawing side facing ito para mas marami ang makakasakay?

TIA
    Are you looking for a Sportivo M/T? If yes, the aforementioned HAS as side-facing variant. Unfortunately, none available for Sportivo A/T.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    *Benzmizer

TIA
    Although the side-facing seats can seat more people, I'd suggest you get the Sportivo variant which has front facing 3rd row seats. Though it seats less, people who will be sitting at the back will be more comfortable as they're in their normal seating arrangement, plus, seating on side facing seats can be really stressful on long drives especially for those whose asses are really big and can't fit comfortably on the foam/chair/etc. etc.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    *Benzmizer

TIA
    you can visit seatmate in mandaluyong and ask for swap. kasi some unit with side facing nag swap for front facing s ikaw on other way around. All bolts and Hole are existing parin naman.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
matagtag po ba talaga ang crosswind?