New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    ask ko lang po kung totoo po bang matagtag pa din ang xwind ngaun kahit na may flexi ride sya and may nabasa din po akong forum saying that xwind daw po ang top sa smoke belching

thanks plan ko po kasi buy ng xwind xt or xti next month

2. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Yep.. medyo mausok x-wind kahit brand new.. ok naman sya magabsorb ng lubak, but medyo "malikot" nga compared sa ibang SUV. Very good FC though (manual). Congrats sa x-wind mo..

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by kenchi himura View Post
    ask ko lang po kung totoo po bang matagtag pa din ang xwind ngaun kahit na may flexi ride sya and may nabasa din po akong forum saying that xwind daw po ang top sa smoke belching

Fact that the Crosswind use LEAF SPRINGS for its rear suspension, it is expected that ride isn't as comfortable as to those using rear springs..... Yes, this is despite the notable improvement from it's original suspension design ('01-'04) to the FlexRide Suspension System ('05-current)

Between the Sporty (XUV/Sportivo) and Non-Sporty (XL/XT/XTi) Crosswind models, the latter rides better being a non-lift.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2011

Chief, good day.

i saw your enquiry at the "Car Comparison" section re your choices amongst these diesels whether 2.5-litre Toyota Innova, 2.5-litre Isuzu Crosswind and 2.5-litre Mitsubishi Adventure

i take it that you're looking into a budget of around PhP800k to 900k for a decent family car.

If between the Adventure and Crosswind, i will take the Isuzu Crosswind, and my basis is that we have a Crosswind and an also an Adventure, both of which are 2001 model. The Crosswind having travelled extensively from Manila-to-north and back, and Manila-to-south and back is undeniably still road-worthy and going strong like the way it has always been. Not so much to say about the Adventure though; in fact, dini-dispose na or binebenta na nila misis. It has seen more repairs than the Crosswind and it does not even travel rigorously out-of-town as much as the Crosswind.

DON'T forget however to look into the Toyota Innova diesel ---- It is also a good road-performer and knowing Toyota's reputation, it could also be just as dependable as the Isuzu diesels are known for.

Now, to be fair at you chief, and coming from an Isuzu background, my brotherly advice would be BEFORE you take the Crosswind be reminded that the technology you're paying for is an unchanged non-CRDi 2.5-litre 1997 engine ---- Ganyan na katagal yan chief, and this is the reason why i advise you consider the Innova, which is even CRDi engine, and is also 2.5-litre.

Although the Crosswind is extremely reliable and undeniably the undisputed AUV king throughout the years (in fact, even for 2010), it DOES NOT however mean, it is the best diesel vehicle available across all range. Honestly for me, as a family car, and nothing to do much with offroad, the Innova is better than the Crosswind.

Also chief, make no mistake about getting the expensive Crosswind Sportivo version. It also got the same engine spec as the XT or any Crosswind variant there is. The irony is the Sportivo is more expensive than the DMax LS 4x2 manual-transmission that even got a 3-litre CRDi engine which came out in 2004 ---- Way back in 2008, i bought a brand-new DMax LS 4x2 manual-tranny for PhP1.015 M while the Sportivo at that time was PhP1.070 M AND i just can't believe it for an 11-year old technology that time

Huwag kang mag-alala chief sa Crosswind, mas di hamak matagtag ang DMax ahihi

Now chief, if you are looking into say about PhP1.5 M for a family car, get the 2.2-litre Hyundai Santa Fe eVGT (197 metric-hp, 435 Nm torque) ---- It is simply one of the best, together with the 2.2-litre Kia Sorento eVGT.

Just my 2 centavos chief.

Goodluck on your choices

Kind regards.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2011

Chief, good day.

i saw your enquiry at the "Car Comparison" section re your choices amongst these diesels whether 2.5-litre Toyota Innova, 2.5-litre Isuzu Crosswind and 2.5-litre Mitsubishi Adventure

i take it that you're looking into a budget of around PhP800k to 900k for a decent family car.

If between the Adventure and Crosswind, i will take the Isuzu Crosswind, and my basis is that we have a Crosswind and an also an Adventure, both of which are 2001 model. The Crosswind having travelled extensively from Manila-to-north and back, and Manila-to-south and back is undeniably still road-worthy and going strong like the way it has always been. Not so much to say about the Adventure though; in fact, dini-dispose na or binebenta na nila misis. It has seen more repairs than the Crosswind and it does not even travel rigorously out-of-town as much as the Crosswind.

DON'T forget however to look into the Toyota Innova diesel ---- It is also a good road-performer and knowing Toyota's reputation, it could also be just as dependable as the Isuzu diesels are known for.

Now, to be fair at you chief, and coming from an Isuzu background, my brotherly advice would be BEFORE you take the Crosswind be reminded that the technology you're paying for is an unchanged non-CRDi 2.5-litre 1997 engine ---- Ganyan na katagal yan chief, and this is the reason why i advise you consider the Innova, which is even CRDi engine, and is also 2.5-litre.

Although the Crosswind is extremely reliable and undeniably the undisputed AUV king throughout the years (in fact, even for 2010), it DOES NOT however mean, it is the best diesel vehicle available across all range. Honestly for me, as a family car, and nothing to do much with offroad, the Innova is better than the Crosswind.

Also chief, make no mistake about getting the expensive Crosswind Sportivo version. It also got the same engine spec as the XT or any Crosswind variant there is. The irony is the Sportivo is more expensive than the DMax LS 4x2 manual-transmission that even got a 3-litre CRDi engine which came out in 2004 ---- Way back in 2008, i bought a brand-new DMax LS 4x2 manual-tranny for PhP1.015 M while the Sportivo at that time was PhP1.070 M AND i just can't believe it for an 11-year old technology that time

Huwag kang mag-alala chief sa Crosswind, mas di hamak matagtag ang DMax ahihi

Now chief, if you are looking into say about PhP1.5 M for a family car, get the 2.2-litre Hyundai Santa Fe eVGT (197 metric-hp, 435 Nm torque) ---- It is simply one of the best, together with the 2.2-litre Kia Sorento eVGT.

Just my 2 centavos chief.

Goodluck on your choices

Kind regards.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    there are certain models that are "matagtag" like the sportivo & xuv because they have bigger wheels eventhough flexi ride suspensions na. but xl, xt & xti models have a better ride compared to the other models. all crosswind models have the same engine specs, eventhough older compared to crdi-engines it is not expensive when it comes to maintenance. great for family use, has more room to accommodate the whole family compared the adventure & innova. when it comes to the looks, the crosswind still stands out among the two. i agree, the innova has a more powerful engine but when it comes to the looks, crosswind pa rin!...but in the end, it's still up to you!i would say kanya-kanyang preference lng yan no matter how good the other brand is or how people rate it

7. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    +1 for gmgsport.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Like the two gentlemen may imply, YUP, by all means, go ahead with the Crosswind and be ready to pay much the same way like you'd be paying for an Innova ---- BUT for a lesser and a 14 year-old engine-technology that is not even fuel-efficient as a matter of fact

Don't believe the statement above coming from a basically Isuzu-loyal family of two Isuzu DMax's, one Crosswind XT, and a fleet of Isuzu 10-wheeler trucks....

Just a tip: Mas malayong malakas at matipid sa consumo ang makina ng Isuzu Alterra or DMax kaysa sa Crosswind. FACT is the Crosswind, nothwitstanding its underpowered engine, is NOT even listed in the 2008 Department of Energy report amongst the Top 10 most fuel-efficient cars in the Philippines....
    ....The 2.5-litre DMax and the 3-litre Alterra are at the 9th and 10th place, respectively

Wanna see the report?

9. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    To all,

Same tanong ko rin po ung title ng thread na to.

Plano kasi namin kumuha ng utol ko ng crosswind, Pang pamilya, maporma, fuel efficient kasi ang hanap namin.

Coming from a very small kia pride, we decided its time to have a big family SUV.

Before XT ang target nmin, ngayon XUV na kasi ung Bnew diff. ng XT at XUV eh 150K na lang. Mas maporma kasi tindig ng XUV kaya target locked na kami dun.

Below are questions;

-Better bang bumili ng Bnew kesa used?

-High DP for low monthly or Low DP for High Monthly?

-Add-on to a new vehicle will spoil the warranty? (like if mag pa install ako ng Subs sa labas)

-Any other options than crosswind xuv/mt with same price range?

-Pwede kayang ipa modify ung Sportivo para maging front facing din ang 3rd row seats, para sana dumami din passenger capacity?

Pasensya na sa mga tanong ko, kuya ko kasi talaga mahilig sa sasakyan, PC kasi talaga hilig kong kalikutin eh ;-D

10. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    additional tanong po,

Yes pag dating sa porma panalo talaga XUV, Pero pag dating sa Makina, Ano po comparison ng Crosswind sa Innova at advie?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
matagtag po ba talaga ang crosswind?