New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Guys, I am soon to be an Isuzu owner. We all know everyone wants to drive their brand new car as soon as it leaves the showroom, but with the "No plate no travel policy", it seems that we'll be deprived of that excitement until such time that we get our plate numbers. For sure those crocs, I mean cops, have keen eyes for vehicles that don't have plates. After I read about the thread with regards to that topic, some of them got there plate numbers on its 4th, 5th week and some even got it on its 7th week! That's why I would like to ask purely on Isuzu owners this:

Where did you buy your unit and how long did it take for you to get your plate number? (Preferably in Metro Manila only) Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rna800 View Post
    Guys, I am soon to be an Isuzu owner. We all know everyone wants to drive their brand new car as soon as it leaves the showroom, but with the "No plate no travel policy", it seems that we'll be deprived of that excitement until such time that we get our plate numbers. For sure those crocs, I mean cops, have keen eyes for vehicles that don't have plates. After I read about the thread with regards to that topic, some of them got there plate numbers on its 4th, 5th week and some even got it on its 7th week! That's why I would like to ask purely on Isuzu owners this:

Where did you buy your unit and how long did it take for you to get your plate number? (Preferably in Metro Manila only) Thanks!

Good pm sir, i got my unit last may 16. (sorry but it's not an isuzu) the casa released my plate number after two weeks. BUT until now i still have NO LTO stickers

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I guess 2 weeks is reasonable. I just don't want to experience waiting for more than a month for it to arrive especially if it's not a special plate. So you got your plate around June? You're telling me that you haven't gotten your LTO stickers? It's almost August. You should follow up with your SA with regards to those stickers. Good thing you're not being flagged down by those cops who have sharp eyes when it comes to those.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rna800 View Post
    I guess 2 weeks is reasonable. I just don't want to experience waiting for more than a month for it to arrive especially if it's not a special plate. So you got your plate around June? You're telling me that you haven't gotten your LTO stickers? It's almost August. You should follow up with your SA with regards to those stickers. Good thing you're not being flagged down by those cops who have sharp eyes when it comes to those.
    yes sir until now i still have NO Lto stickers. every week i make follow up with my SA. he told me that there is a problem of shortages of stickers.. first i could'nt beleive it so i called my friend at Lto main office..Yes its true they have short supply for Lto stickers but it will resolve daw in real soon!
    i have a neighbor who also bought a new car he got his plates in 1 week but still he has no LTO stickers

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Dear rna800,
    After the release of our car ( april 4 2008) & its about two weeks the plate number were release including the sticker.My family bought it in INTECO Quezon avenue, My family were lucky as our agent there are very suportive her name is Vicky Gatus.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry icawat View Post
    Dear rna800,
    After the release of our car ( april 4 2008) & its about two weeks the plate number were release including the sticker.My family bought it in INTECO Quezon avenue, My family were lucky as our agent there are very suportive her name is Vicky Gatus.
    What a small world, sir. I also bought my dmax LS in q. ave last thursday and my agent was Elmer Sagadraca. He was so easy to deal with and he is supportive as well. I keep on asking him that I am worried about the no plate, no travel thing but he keeps on telling me that I should not worry since they get the plates early as compared to other dealers. He told me to follow up on Friday for my plates. What unit did you get, sir? I don't think I know Vicky. I will try to ask Elmer when I go there.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Just to close this thread, I finally got my plates with LTO stickers and it only took me 9 days (including weekends), so basically it's only a week. I didn't expect that Isuzu Q. Ave. could process plates that fast! Finally I could drive my truck anywhere without any hassle of being flagged down by those crocs.

Isuzu owners, how did it take to get your plate number?